Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best budget PSU? Corsair cx vs FSP Raider II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    be quiet! System Power 9 400W https://www.nabava.net/napajanja__31...400w__58768771 is the best option if you want to keep the price as low as possible.

Corsair CX450M https://www.nabava.net/napajanja__31...sion__35945771 is a bit better quality and performance wise. But some people have problems with the fan, rattling noise, but you can't send it RMA if you have such a problem. Otherwise it should be quiet enough.

be quiet! Pure Power 10 400W https://www.nabava.net/napajanja__31...400w__37143891 is performance a bit worse, but it's certainly more silent then the CX450M.

FSP Hydro X 450W https://www.nabava.net/napajanja__31...anje__31616431 is a great choice, because it's a good quality PSU, that should be silent and the performance is also good. Not much wrong with this one.

BitFenix Whisper M 450W https://www.nabava.net/napajanja__31...450w__50877291 is also a great option, also a good quality PSU, which is even more silent and delivers even better performance. It's also full modular.

The price of the FSP Raider II 550W is a bit to close to the Hydro X 450W imo, the Raider II 450W looks a lot more interesting.
    Thanks for the info.
    I looked into all of those PSUs and I think the best option for me would be the Hydro X 450W, it's kinda pushing my budget but it should be worth it.
    BitFenix also looks like a great pick but it's really out there when it comes to pricing and availability(the store that's selling it is located at Hungary...).
    The Raider II 450W is, as far as I can tell, not available in my country. I checked the local distributors site for Croatia and for some reason, It's not even listed there... so that's out of the picture.
    Concerning the price difference between the Raider II 550 and the
    Hydro X 450(Raider is around 15$ cheaper than the Hydro). Is the Raider a "good" step down considering the hydro X 450 is currently sold out at my local stores?
    Once again thanks for the advice, You helped a great deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

All these guys looking to save 10 Euros on a PSU, can't "go over budget," etc. The PSU is the fundament upon which all else rests. Perhaps one could go with a cheaper CPU or MB or look into AMD or look into a used dGPU before cheaping out on a PSU.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In my case, It's more about availability then pricing. But then again, IMO ~90$ for a PSU is not really "cheaping out"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    In my case, It's more about availability then pricing. But then again, IMO ~90$ for a PSU is not really "cheaping out"
    You're right. Spending $90 isn't cheaping out on a PSU. So why are you asking which $75 PSU is the better choice?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Thanks sir ,

as an example-

Cx 450 - 45 pounds , Cx 550 - 55 pounds , Cx 650 - 65 pounds , Tx 550M - 80 pounds

Tx 550M is much better i know but assuming you don't have the budget to spend that high , wouldn't it be better to get Cx 650 or Cx 550 than "Cx 450" as they will be less stressed and thus longer life ?

so is it not correct, that Cx 650 will last longer than Cx 550 , and Cx 550 will last longer than Cx 450 for the same system with say 300 watt peak load , because load/stress levels will reduce as you go higher wattage ?

and thus , this being 1 major advantage of buying higher wattage than needed.. ? a sort of middle ground between buying a higher quality expensive unit and lower quality unit
    Again:

No. Wrong. Incorrect.

The only factor taken into consideration here is the max output wattage, which you are no where near reaching, and are making the assumption that a decent budget unit is NOT capable of putting out it's advertised output rating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

Starscream (03-27-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Concerning the price difference between the Raider II 550 and the
    Hydro X 450(Raider is around 15$ cheaper than the Hydro). Is the Raider a "good" step down considering the hydro X 450 is currently sold out at my local stores?
    Once again thanks for the advice, You helped a great deal.
    For 15 dollars more I would prefer the Hydro X 450W, but if that one isn't an option because it's sold out, then yeah the Raider II 550W is a good alternative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    For 15 dollars more I would prefer the Hydro X 450W, but if that one isn't an option because it's sold out, then yeah the Raider II 550W is a good alternative.
    I see, well, I contacted the seller and there is exactly one unit in stock. So, great news, BUT this seller currently offers the new Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Gold for the same price and he recommended me that... I was pretty much sold on the Hydro X but seeing this Seasonic is fully modular, comes with a 10 year warranty, is semi-fanless and that it received a great review from OklahomaWolf from this very site. Is the Hydro X 450W still the best option in this price range?

Also, I contacted the FSP distributor for Croatia and I was told that the Hydro X is cesing production cuz of some new EU regulation and that the replacement will be the Hydro GE line(of wich the 450W version is still not available in Croatia, but will be in about a month) so... Interesting news.

Best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I see, well, I contacted the seller and there is exactly one unit in stock. So, great news, BUT this seller currently offers the new Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Gold for the same price and he recommended me that... I was pretty much sold on the Hydro X but seeing this Seasonic is fully modular, comes with a 10 year warranty, is semi-fanless and that it received a great review from OklahomaWolf from this very site. Is the Hydro X 450W still the best option in this price range?

Also, I contacted the FSP distributor for Croatia and I was told that the Hydro X is cesing production cuz of some new EU regulation and that the replacement will be the Hydro GE line(of wich the 450W version is still not available in Croatia, but will be in about a month) so... Interesting news.

Best regards
    FOCUS is better than the Hydro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Also Hydro GE is not a replacement of Hydro X. Hydro GE is a lower quality power supply. It's more a full modular Raider II with a bit higher efficiency.