Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kolink Continuum KL-C1500PL review @ Tomshardware

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Kolink Continuum KL-C1500PL review @ Tomshardware

Early on, Kolink dealt mostly with cooling products thanks to a strong relationship with Noctua. At some point, though, a local branch of Kolink called Kellytech was sold to Caseking Group, resulting in two Kolink companies: one of them based in Taiwan and the other in Hungary. The Taiwanese Kolink continues to deal with cooling products, while the Hungarian Kolink includes cases, cables, various peripherals, and power supplies in its portfolio. All of those products are already available through the Caseking and overclockers.co.uk online stores. However, we're told that Kolink will also enter the U.S. market in 2018.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-psu,5495.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

Philipus II (03-21-2018), Tator Tot (03-21-2018), turkey3_scratch (03-21-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Typical Enhance fair with typical Enhance results. I really wish a company like Corsair or BeQuiet would partner with Enhance to really show what could be possible with them as an OEM. They have some excellent built quality but almost everyone uses the same stock off the shelf designs, even with the same lack of a power switch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Yeah, but you only see their high wattage designs, never their lower wattage stuff with up to 750W or lower.

So you have to work with at least one other company to make it really work...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Cooler Master V is available from 550W.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Payne View Post
    Yeah, but you only see their high wattage designs, never their lower wattage stuff with up to 750W or lower.

So you have to work with at least one other company to make it really work...
    Cooler Master has done it a fair bit in the past. Silent Pro M 500, 600, & 700w units.
    Silent Pro Platinum was supposed to go 550-1000w but everything got canned besides the 550w & 1000w units. Even way back with the Real Power Pro line, the low wattage units were All Enhance.V Series, V Semi Modular, & VS Series have all had 500-750w units by Enhance as well.

None of that is counting their low end lines like Master Watt Lite, GX / GX II / GX II Pro.

Silverstone has also used Enhance throughout the years with their various Strider lines. Even for the lower wattage units. Strider Titanium has the 600w & 700w units being made by Enhance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    Typical Enhance fair with typical Enhance results. I really wish a company like Corsair or BeQuiet would partner with Enhance to really show what could be possible with them as an OEM. They have some excellent built quality but almost everyone uses the same stock off the shelf designs, even with the same lack of a power switch.
    Going off topic here, but what would you like to see out of Enhance? To do what Seasonic or SuperFlower are already doing now by continually pushing toward having mythic-level regulation?

I think through us, they've already done a great job showing what's possible with power supply downsizing. Our 800W SFX-L SX800-LTI and growing lineup of 140mm deep ATX models are good examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStone View Post
    growing lineup of 140mm deep ATX models are good examples.
    What about 120mm deep ATX PSU?

Or do something awesome: A 450 or 550W unit with a standing 80mm fan (should be doable with the Sirfa Design like the Strider Platinum).

Sadly you are very underratedn for no real reason.

The only criticism I have for the Strider Platinum 750W is the modular board (Only applies to the 750W). Here it would be great if you'd do a new revision - with the modular Board of the 850W.

And the case could be better (sturdier, paintjob more resilient). Besides that, its a fine and underrated unit.
    Last edited by Stefan Payne; 03-23-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: forgot to close the BBcode Tag thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Going off topic here, but what would you like to see out of Enhance? To do what Seasonic or SuperFlower are already doing now by continually pushing toward having mythic-level regulation?

I think through us, they've already done a great job showing what's possible with power supply downsizing. Our 800W SFX-L SX800-LTI and growing lineup of 140mm deep ATX models are good examples.
    While shrinking down size of the units is definitely impressive; as an end user I do see sacrifices made to achieve that goal. Hold up time, 3.3v transient response, and high inrush current are all "problems" with the Strider Platinum units from Enhance.

There's also some odd quality of life features lacking on some of the units. Like limited PCIe cables on 800-850w units (only 4) or some units not having a power switch.

Also some of the documentation in your manuals has gone down hill over the years. They used to have a better layout and be more concise with the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    high inrush current are all "problems" with the Strider Platinum units from Enhance.
    Also from Sirfa, sadly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

. . . what would you like to see . . .? To do what Seasonic or SuperFlower are already doing now by continually pushing toward having mythic-level regulation?
    I for one would like to see high quality 300-400 watt units with 1-2 volt regulation. I don't think Mythic is such a desideratum, but I would like to see low ripple.

I know that 300W PSU's cost as much as 450W PSU's, but my home machine rarely pulls 200W from my UPS, and that includes the 24-inch display that cost a mere $100 at Christmas. IOW we should not expect that the display is all that efficient, but everything together hardly draws 200W. A large PSU is such a waste.

BTW -- the integrated GPU on my 4770K is so good that this non-gamer does not have a discrete GPU card.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold