Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it the same pinouts? CM V750 vs V850

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's because, I am visiting the client's house after I confirm the cable pinouts and make them.
    Remember me when you look at the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iori3310 View Post
    That's because, I am visiting the client's house after I confirm the cable pinouts and make them.
    You can afford a crimping tool to make these cables, but not a multimeter? Or are you using those cablemod kits?

What happens if you fry something because you miswired something that you thought was vsense but turns out you had gnd and 12v switched?

This is wrong on so many levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Your 1st post here says you made a chart for the V750. So, did you verify it against my proposed chart? If not, why wouldn't you try to verify it? If so, is it accurate?
    I have confirmed v750
    Great, so do the VSense wires in the 10/18 of the 750 comport to my 850 + Seasonic charts below?

You need a verified chart for the 850 too? Ok, sure, mine is 99% accurate, except for the VSense wires in the 18pin, see below. So long as the primary + VSense wire gauge you use is the same then my chart can be said to 100% accurate (when assembling the 24p cable, example: splice a pair of 18awg together & 'which' is the sense pin won't matter) see below

I don't understand that star sign inside the power supply picture on the 10p connector
    Sea CM Pinouts.jpg
    For my own use here, the star symbol identifies any voltage sense wires. It's a note to myself that the wire gauge is also thin, 22awg normally. The Seasonic VSense is verified, the Cooler Master VSense in the 18pin section as of yet isn't verified (for reasons I stated yesterday). It is because Seasonic makes the CM platform confidence is high that the VSense pins will plot out the same for both models, given that the rest of the 10/18 are identical voltage assignment plot points & Seasonic's 'history' of choosing those pins. The attachment above represents my best guess. What you can be sure of is the Number Set states 2-2 6-6 3-3 10-10 represent jumped wires inside the 24pin, & if you were to jump, say, a pair of 18gauge wires to your terminal, then what is or isn't the VSense pin would be meaningless, so long as the jumped pairs are pushed into slots I marked as pairs. If I had a factory cable set to inspect, their choice of wire gauge on these tied wires would be another clue (fat primary / thin VSense)

*Cooler Master 10pin: yesterday's chart, the 'star' #10, bottom row you asked about, is a 12v sense wire, because it is off by itself & because Seasonic 'likes' to put it there, that is my opinion. They have a 'history' of placing VSense pins where I marked them as stars (whether that applies to their new lineup of Prime models remains to be seen), my 'gut' tells me I could take the 24pin from a Snow Silent or X-Series 1250 & plug it into any VSeries without issue & as a 100% match, that's my opinion

*You asked for a V850 chart, there you have one. Use matching 18awg wire on the jumped pairs in the 24p & you'll be ok using my chart

It would've been nice a few days ago if you informed us you didn't have the chassis or cables in hand. The idea being, if you have one or both, what were you waiting for

Again, now or later, you can sift through Lutro0's Repository & perhaps post a request for your chart in there, continue to look online or wait for member input which produces 'the correct chart' if you don't trust mine. I trust mine: all future customer orders & personal projects of mine for CM VSeries will be based on that chart

If I were you, consider asking your customer to mail you their 24p, CPU 8p, GRFX 8p + a SATA cable up front > visually inspect & probe with multi-meter > make duplicate cables > mail all cables back to customer
    Last edited by Cass-Olé; 03-06-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Surfin' with the Alien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

I just found the pinout by requesting in reddit. So I am attaching it here. And it doesn't match with yours. Specially the 24 pin split with 18/10.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    IORI
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Iori3310 For This Useful Post:

Cass-Olé (03-08-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Proven Pinout ClrMstr V850.jpg
    It's the same, with one exception, their 18pin shows a false 12v yellow, it should be red 5v

*Note the 24pin only has two 12volt wires @pin 10/11 ... those, always go into the 10pin on a Seasonic (new Prime Series may or may not keep that tradition), therefore the 10pin on my chart is correct because I probed my cables & because I have 5 Seasonics here & have built cables for other people's several times. Pin 10/11 housed in the 24pin cable are accounted for in the 10pin PSU section & so is the sense wire (tied to pin 10 of the 24pin, per their chart & mine). Obviously they can't have x4 12volt wires coming from their 24pin: x3 is correct & they're in the 10pin section ... the 12v yellow in the 18in is false, a typo / error on the chart maker's behalf, it should be a red 5v, that is a fact, you can tell them on reddit the chart has an error

The VSense wires: in their chart for the 18pin - we can intuit - are the same pins as the ones I've placed a star at in my chart, what we'd call 'historical Seasonic sense pins, where they like to place them'. Note their 12v/ground are the same as mine, note 3.3v & 5v are the same. Per their 24pin, the jumped primary + sense 3.3v terminal inserts into pin 2 like mine says, 5v inserted into pin 6 as mine (pin3 for ground / pin10 for 12v): it's a match

moot 'differences'.jpg
    *if you still object that their's is different from mine, we can't concern ourselves that for instance their red 5v coming from pin6 of the 24pin plugged into their 18pin in a different location, what mine calls 23, it doesn't matter. Nor that their 3.3v from pin2 of the 24pin plugged into what mine says came from 13. Those orange/black/red 'groups' are just PSU output pins, 3.3 & 5v come from all those pin spots the same, one slot is as good as any other --> it's the VSense pins we're concerned about, nothing else, their chart is no better or worse than mine, it shows what Seasonic did (that day at least) at the factory to that 24pin cable vs what Cablemod did for my box, understand ... both charts are equally valid. EDIT: Besides, my CableMod CoolerMaster 24pin cable (& its 10/18 pinout chart derived from it above) matches pin-for-pin what my factory X-Series cables did 4years ago (see the Snow Silent chart I posted prior). It's because I own Seasonics that I bought the ClrMstr box: it only needs a little help to integrate in my projects here or someone else's if a custom order comes in

x1250 (1).jpg
    As you can see, they group Org Blk Red, it's a lovely simplified design & the thin 22awg sense wires are seen in the correct pin slots

reddit verified fixed.jpg
    Above, fixed reddit chart: 'yellow in the 18pin' is false, there has to be x6 red 5v in the 18pin --> x5 primary + x1 sense <--

Last, their 5pins match mine, the CPU/GRFX match >grounds top row / 12v bottom row<, red 5v in the 18pin is now 'fixed'. So there ya go. For the record, last weekend & Monday were bad for me, I do believe I walked into this thread thinking you solved the 850 & needed the 750. You'd do well to compare your solved 750 to these charts & see if a pattern develops. Regardless, your search is over, I verified theirs for you, I concur it is right because mine is right. There's a Seasonic 'clone' under there afterall, good luck with it
    Last edited by Cass-Olé; 03-08-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Surfin' with the Alien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

I just found the pinout by requesting in reddit. So I am attaching it here. And it doesn't match with yours. Specially the 24 pin split with 18/10.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
    IORI
    Could this the reason why we suggest you get a multimeter and measure it yourself?

What are you doing to do if you fry someone's expensive computer component(s)? How can you afford a crimping tool but not a DMM? Even a cheap one will work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ridgid13579 View Post
    Could this the reason why we suggest you get a multimeter and measure it yourself?
    The other alternative is to measure the original cables, and while this can be done without a multi-meter it would be easier with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashiekh View Post
    The other alternative is to measure the original cables, and while this can be done without a multi-meter it would be easier with.
    Yes. However, regardless the way that OP is doing it is wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok. Got it. Thank you very much for everything. I will be posting more PSU models pinouts soon.

Regards
    IORI