Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it the same pinouts? CM V750 vs V850

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is it the same pinouts? CM V750 vs V850

Hi.

I just figured and made some sleeved cables for the Cooler Master V750. I also prepared a chart of the pinouts from PSU side 10+18 pin to mobo side 24 pin cable and other cables also.

I am just curious to know, if the cooler master v850 full modular has the same pinouts as well.

I have attached the pinout for v750 here.

Hoping to get some accurate help here.

Regards
    IORI
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remember me when you look at the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PSU companies sometimes will / sometimes won't design models to share cables, have cable compatibility. Interchanging cables is information that's both hard or easy to find out. One way is to find an xxample of an aftermarket boxed sleeved cable manufacturer - here CableMod - where one box of cables can work over multiples models (one box fits all). Compatibility Charts, when available, are useful & hopefully have no errors. Their ClrMstr Chart says all of these V-Series models interchange, V700 /850
    CompList.JPG
    edit: on further review, a smaller series called V550/650/750 share pinouts, these do not appear to share pinouts with the larger V series, most likely due to the use of 8pin ports as opposed to 6pin ports, see my follow up post

Your chart's ok, I guess *shrug* These are my hand drawings for EVGA G2 P2 T2 G3 + 1500i; jumped Sense wires in the 24pin (10/18 or 10/14 branches) are shown as a star
    AVP2.jpgColor 1600 P2 FP Partial.jpgAVP2 - Copy.jpg

Take a frontal & color it in, perhaps
    CM750.jpg
    Last edited by Cass-Olé; 03-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Surfin' with the Alien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.

You are saying it may be compatible but attached picture here says otherwise. Two different series for cooler master in the cable mod chart. Also, you EVGA super nova seems same output for the CMV750.

Can you clear me out here? Should I patch up the same way for the 850 using your super nova?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

You can use a DMM to find out what pin is what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iori3310 View Post
    Hi. You are saying it may be compatible but attached picture here says otherwise. Two different series for cooler master in the cable mod chart. Also, you EVGA super nova seems same output for the CMV750. Can you clear me out here? Should I patch up the same way for the 850 using your super nova?
    I don't have pinout charts for CoolerMaster so I just made one (below). In the old days I'd have to scour through Lutro0's Repository PSU Pinouts. Until you look, you won't know if your PSU's in there or not, it either is or isn't, I don't have time to check yours. The good that can come from the CableMod chart - compatibility charts in general - is that if a CoolerMaster V550 pinout chart is in the repository, we'd know the V650 V750 are also a match

Due to a small change in the V750 front panel relative to V850 (the use of 8pin ports for GRFX on the V750 vs 6pin ports of V850), it is hard to say if these models interchange. I suspect the 10/18 ATX ports are the same, I suspect the single-row 5pins interchange, I suspect the CPU 8pins are the same, & it's possible the GRFX 8 vs GRFX 6 are the same. By the same I mean that if 12volts are for example all found in the top row of the 6 or 8, grounds all in the bottom row, then yes, the v750 v850 are 'the same', regardless it's a 6 or 8pin connector. The reason we need pinout charts is if in one model the 12v pins are all up top, in the other the 12v pins are all in the bottom row, that's information we need to know. That's why we need a voltmeter for

I posted my EVGA/Corsair color charts to give you an idea of how to make a nice color chart. I left you a front panel photo you can download to make your own, the 750 panel is in the 1st post, the 850 is below
    v850.jpg

I own a box of CableMod's CM V Series 1200 1000 850 700 cables, I just did the pinout, verified / proven. Compare mine to your 850. The Number Set for the 10/18 are relative to the 24pin end of the ATX cable, naturally. Four pins are jumped voltage sense wires, but my sleeved cables do not tell me which are which since both wire gauges are the same; VSense wires in the factory cables are most likely thin 22gauge while primary wires are probably 18 as a likely way to ID them
    v850 Proven Pinout.jpg
    12volt sense wire in the 10pin is verified (marked as a star) - the other three sense wire pins in the 18pin are not verified - use chart accordingly - see the Seasonic chart later below for reference, note 12v Sense is in same location

The likelihood that the V750 is a near match is high, for instance, it is possible the 8pins on your front panel have Grounds top row / 12v bottom row. If so, & if the 5pins + 10/18 are a match for my proven chart, then yes, they'd be the same 'pinouts' as you asked (difference would be the use of 8pins vs 6pins for GRFX duty). This is why you need a voltmeter, can't u borrow one ... ... ...

I'm not sure why u want the EVGA charts for, 'demonstration purposes only', simply duplicate how I made my Cooler Master chart, by making your own for the 750 & verifying mine for your 850 > they're easier to work with after you've drawn them in with color

v750 Unverified Pinout.jpg
    As an edit: above, my unverified 'guess' as to what V750 would pinout like if CoolerMaster engineers have decided on a common pinout for all V Series models (550w - 1.2kW), it is up to you to verify it with a multi-meter, or, trace the wires back to their pin slots if able > using known voltage pin assignments at the hardware / device end of the cable can sometimes help ID the wire at the PSU modular end of the cable, especially if they're flat ribbon cables or color-coded (ketchup & mustard) cables

Seasonic Pinout.jpg
    I suspected as much. Seasonic made the CoolerMaster V Series. My drawn pinout chart for a PSU of the same era (above) places 12v bottom row / grounds top row. Their 10/18 pinout (for the 24pin) is also the same (& dates back to at least the X-Series, in otherwords they liked that pinout). This is good evidence V750 shares most of this pinout, the drawing I made for you is probably accurate, please verify it for yourself with a digital multi-meter

Hardware Universal Pinouts.jpg
    Flat ribbons / color-coded wires can be easy to figure out by tracing the wire from the hardware / device end of the connector back to the PSU modular end & making a chart of the connector or front panel photo. All hardware / device ends of connectors must be universally supplied the correct volts / grounds assignments seen in the photo above as the industry world-wide standard, so that all hardware the world over can work correctly; that is an aid to wiring identification of course, a useful tool. Color-coding is also useful (Grd Blk / 3.3 Org / 5 Red / 12 Ylw). So long as you orient your hardware / device connector end to the photos (or any online photos you may look for on your own), even if the wires are black flat ribbon type, you can at least visually trace ribbon cable wires back to their source at the PSU end of cable, visually & easily with color-coded wires, & with a multi-meter as the (only way) when they're sleeved all-black types or individually sleeved as I did earlier with mine
    Last edited by Cass-Olé; 03-06-2018 at 03:36 PM.
    Surfin' with the Alien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually. I don't own any of the power supply and I don't have money to buy all the power supplies. I only ask the power supply my customers asks me to make. And even if I buy a volt meter or DMM, it won't matter. Because I don't have any modular power supply.

I am just asking if anyone have the same power supply, it would be helpful for me make sleeved cable easily. That's all.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
    IORI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, v750 is not even close to v850. It's like two different case power supplies. Also, I don't understand that star sign inside the power supply picture on the 10p connector. Anyway thanks for your information sharing.

Regards
    Iori

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Do you test your cables before sending them out to customers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not yet. I only have confirmed v750. And I also have a power supply tester only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

If you don't have the PSU you're making the cables for, how does the PSU tester even help you?