Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuperFlower RMA contact?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SuperFlower RMA contact?

Good morning.

I own a SuperFlower SF-1000F14HT (Leadex 1000W 80+ Titanium) that has got burnt leaving a dense gray smoke and burning smell and damaging both my motherboard and CPU (imagine, my parents were 2 rooms away and they come to say they were smelling as if something was getting burnt)

Motherboard and CPU got RMA and got repaired (motherboard got resoldered a lot of mosftes and resistors that got burnt and CPU got replaced as it could not get repaired) but I cannot find anywhere where I should address to honor the 5-year warranty that manufacturer claims for the Leadex Titanium units (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-psu,4368.html)

The PSU got burnt 1 month after the local 2-year warranty ended so the shop cannot help me with it. I have contacted the only email address I have found in their official site (info@super-flower.com.tw) and facebook but got no answer after several days.

Anyone knows where to address to contact them? I have the original invoice and all the accesories and box.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GI_Joe For This Useful Post:

jfromeo (01-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    Oh, thank you.

I will try to contact

Super Flower Computer GmbH [Service Center in Germany]
    info@super-flower.de

As the PSU was bought from a local retailer from there. However now I am living in Spain, I don not know if that could be a problem.

I will let you know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The problem will be that you will probably have to pay shipping. If you want a cheap way, use Genei, with a discount code (check for a 7% code on the Internet, no 10% right now AFAIK). They are horrible, I am still waiting for a refund, but by far the cheapest...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to breixobaloca For This Useful Post:

jfromeo (01-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Super Flower Deutshcland GmbH does not exist any more. It's been shut down for years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

jfromeo (01-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    Super Flower Deutshcland GmbH does not exist any more. It's been shut down for years.
    I guess Holger f. is partly to blame for that, isn't he?
    Especially after he tried to propagate Superflower in Forums but wasn't prepared for the users there...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stefan Payne For This Useful Post:

jfromeo (01-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by breixobaloca View Post
    The problem will be that you will probably have to pay shipping. If you want a cheap way, use Genei, with a discount code (check for a 7% code on the Internet, no 10% right now AFAIK). They are horrible, I am still waiting for a refund, but by far the cheapest...
    Thank you for the input.

I do not mind paying the shipping for getting it repaired/replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    Damn, then I guess nobody will answer my request. I am lost, I do not know where to address for the RMA then.

The official site/facebook was pretty active until Computex Taipei 2017, since then there is no activity at all.

In the meantime (~1 week) my CPU was replaced (dead) and MB is being repaired (confirmed that it has serious power fault, regarding the technical papers).

I guess I will end with a +300€ paperweight... I should have stuck to SeSonic as always

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfromeo View Post
    I should have stuck to SeaSonic as always
    The problem could be this big because you had a single rail power supply, that can easily deliver 83 amps without shutting down. If you have a short in your VRM from the motherboard, but current is less then 83 amps the power supply doesn't recognized the short as a short but sees it at as a normal load. Then the power supply keeps working while the motherboard and CPU are getting totally destroyed.

All current Seasonic power supplies are also single rail power supplies. So the same thing would happen with a similar Seasonic power supply. If you got a short on your motherboard.

If that was the case a multi-rail power supply could have prevented this.

By the way, are you sure the power supply is defective? Did you try it without a PC for example?
    Last edited by -The_Mask-; 01-11-2018 at 03:19 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

breixobaloca (01-11-2018), jfromeo (01-11-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    The problem could be this big because you had a single rail power supply, that can easily deliver 83 amps without shutting down. If you have a short in your VRM from the motherboard, but current is less then 83 amps the power supply doesn't recognized the short as a short but sees it at as a normal load. Then the power supply keeps working while the motherboard and CPU are getting totally destroyed.

All current Seasonic power supplies are also single rail power supplies. So the same thing would happen with a similar Seasonic power supply. If you got a short on your motherboard.

If that was the case a multi-rail power supply could have prevented this.

By the way, are you sure the power supply is defective? Did you try it without a PC for example?
    Thank you for the clarification.

How could I check the PSU without voiding the warranty? I have a Fluke multimeter but I only have knowledge to check if the voltages are correct, thats all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfromeo View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.

How could I check the PSU without voiding the warranty? I have a Fluke multimeter but I only have knowledge to check if the voltages are correct, thats all.
    That's probably enough. If the voltages are OK, it's most likely that the problem originated in the motherboard. If you have some really old hardware lying around, you can also use that for testing, just to be sure.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

frewster (01-11-2018), jfromeo (01-11-2018)