Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000 Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You both are right! Antec does make PSU's with a CP form factor but this is not one of them.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ehume For This Useful Post:

none77 (09-10-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I've been able to gather from forum posters in regards to the Delta Antecs is they all think they are pro O/C'ers and multi-rail sucks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything can suck, it just depends how you suck it! (And HCP Platinum does not suck )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    @ Jeremy,

The failure to instant full power is a feature since ages and called "soft-start". Such a PSU powers up in stages to reduce the risk of popping ARC breakers. If other models do not fail your instant load they should still have a soft-start design, but maybe not as cautiously set as Seasonic's. Nobody does it without softstart. The last dumbasses not to do it were the engineers of Enermax Galaxy. Damn did we pop circuit-breakers and then noticed, fuck, even pre-1k, everyone except us was doing soft-start.

Funny story:
    We gave a VIP at a certain graphics card company a pre-launch Galaxy for private use. The VIP then contacted us and asked, how come that his ARCs pop when he turns on his GALAXY, while he has his Hifi-system connected to it as well (All engineers, who survived my yells then, do softstart since )
    thanks for clearing that up! i was not sure what i was looking at when i saw that test, and couldn't figure out why that was bad. having blown many circuit breakers at the office, i understand what you mean. i ended up getting this unit and it's working marvelously. the 12V line does not budge even with a 7960X overclocked to 4.7GHz. speed step still enabled so the CPU throttles and speeds up depending on use. goes from 100W to something like 500W power draw for the CPU alone without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DVagabond View Post
    From what I've been able to gather from forum posters in regards to the Delta Antecs is they all think they are pro O/C'ers and multi-rail sucks.
    i bought an HCP platinum 750W back in late 2014 to go with a 5930K CPU and dual GPUs. that PSU delivered WAY over it's rated output for 3+ years, in a poor airflow case (CM cosmos) and voltages were still very solid. i handed it down to someone else and it's still delivering. if they were still making that line of PSUs, i would buy it again in the 1000W flavor. from what i gather they were discontinued because when i was trying to buy it, it was only available from 3rd party sellers and they were charging north of $300 for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Odd test out failing spike testing

Hi,

This issue where the psu failed spike testing on the 12v rail is this a problem? or was it a random rare occurrence not to worry about?

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moheban79 View Post
    Hi,

This issue where the psu failed spike testing on the 12v rail is this a problem? or was it a random rare occurrence not to worry about?

Thanks
    I have been trying to chase down an issue with my 1000W Prime Ultra. Turns out after it gets warmed up it fails hard in transients. I have a 10940X OC to 4.9Ghz and a 2080Ti OC to 2.1Ghz. Both can draw 375W while gaming and I have noticed that if I fire up Flight Simulator Alpha or a heavy demanding game that spikes a lot (FS will go from 250W to 870W like it's nothing) the PSU will just shut off and reboot. SeaSonic has RMA'd the unit once but it's starting to do it again so I'm probably going to upgrade to a 1300W Prime Platinum so I don't have to replace all my cables. Wouldn't mind an EVGA PSU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    Wouldn't mind an EVGA PSU.
    Because "an EVGA PSU" wouldn't do the same thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I generally don't like to blame PSU for overclocked systems not beeing 100% stable. There is no guarantee for overclocking. Some times it works, some times not.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

Al3xand3r (04-26-2020), ashiekh (04-17-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
    I have been trying to chase down an issue with my 1000W Prime Ultra. Turns out after it gets warmed up it fails hard in transients. I have a 10940X OC to 4.9Ghz and a 2080Ti OC to 2.1Ghz. Both can draw 375W while gaming and I have noticed that if I fire up Flight Simulator Alpha or a heavy demanding game that spikes a lot (FS will go from 250W to 870W like it's nothing) the PSU will just shut off and reboot. SeaSonic has RMA'd the unit once but it's starting to do it again so I'm probably going to upgrade to a 1300W Prime Platinum so I don't have to replace all my cables. Wouldn't mind an EVGA PSU.
    The OC'ed 2080Ti required more wattage and by adding the OC'ed Core i9 you're simply overloading the 1KW PSU, though it's only a short transient load that overloads. The PSU felt it can't keep the output stable and shut off the output, and then the reboot occured. Bigger wattage is required for your rig.
    It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog.