Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000 Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Arrow Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000 Review

I can see no better way to close out 2017 than to review another one of Seasonic's latest and greatest units, the flagship of the new Prime Ultra line of units. Folks, meet the 1000 watt Prime Ultra Titanium.
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=538

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oklahoma Wolf For This Useful Post:

Al3xand3r (12-25-2017), breixobaloca (12-26-2017), Cyrix (12-25-2017), eddieobscurant (12-25-2017), ehume (12-26-2017), ManoloKosh (12-25-2017), Smirnoff (12-28-2017), Tator Tot (12-25-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another excellent review of another "boringly" excellent Seasonic. Many thanks, again, OW, for all your work over the years....here and at Allpar.

Merry Christmas!

BTW.....why was there never much love given to Antec's HCP lineup outside some review sites? Delta built, achieved mythic level in ripple control, voltage regulation. First class (maybe best in class) soldering, excellent parts selection. Yet, the line is rarely mentioned as a competitor vs. the likes of Seasonic, et al.
    A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'
    - Stephen Wright

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
    - Brooks Atkinson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C'DaleRider View Post
    Another excellent review of another "boringly" excellent Seasonic. Many thanks, again, OW, for all your work over the years....here and at Allpar.

Merry Christmas!

BTW.....why was there never much love given to Antec's HCP lineup outside some review sites? Delta built, achieved mythic level in ripple control, voltage regulation. First class (maybe best in class) soldering, excellent parts selection. Yet, the line is rarely mentioned as a competitor vs. the likes of Seasonic, et al.
    You are correct, hmm idk why, an Antec built by Delta, with excellent soldering ,parts. I would definitely buy one but, some of them are years old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent review, it is kind of getting a bit boring cause you already know when you are getting a Seasonic Prime unit,it's just going to be excellent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ Jeremy,

The failure to instant full power is a feature since ages and called "soft-start". Such a PSU powers up in stages to reduce the risk of popping ARC breakers. If other models do not fail your instant load they should still have a soft-start design, but maybe not as cautiously set as Seasonic's. Nobody does it without softstart. The last dumbasses not to do it were the engineers of Enermax Galaxy. Damn did we pop circuit-breakers and then noticed, fuck, even pre-1k, everyone except us was doing soft-start.

Funny story:
    We gave a VIP at a certain graphics card company a pre-launch Galaxy for private use. The VIP then contacted us and asked, how come that his ARCs pop when he turns on his GALAXY, while he has his Hifi-system connected to it as well (All engineers, who survived my yells then, do softstart since )

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GI_Joe For This Useful Post:

3DVagabond (12-27-2017), Al3xand3r (12-26-2017), breixobaloca (12-26-2017), ehume (12-26-2017), sith'ari (12-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The failure to instant full power is a feature since ages and called "soft-start". Such a PSU powers up in stages to reduce the risk of popping ARC breakers. If other models do not fail your instant load they should still have a soft-start design, but maybe not as cautiously set as Seasonic's. Nobody does it without softstart.
    Very intresting. That's would mean that the Prime Ultra Titanium is a exceptionally good and is a 10/10 rating PSU, right?
    And the boogie-woogie line of the Prime Titaniums and Platinums on the same overshoot tests are not smooth because of the same reason?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Marvelous review entwined with A Christmas Story.

Too bad that a 450W PSU would cost as much as a 650W from the same line.

I liked that the fan did not spin in the cold testing, even at 500W. How many watts would they give a fanless one?
    CPU: Core i7 8700k, HT enabled, all 6 cores OC'd to 4.8GHz, Vcore = 1.24v
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D15 with one NF-A15 1500 RPM PWM fan
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370X Aorus Gaming 7
    RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM 16-18-18-36@3200MHz, Vdimm = 1.35v
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 with 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X
    SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB TLC; SSD2: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1TB 3-bit MLC
    HD: WD 500GB (old); Case: LIAN LI PC-7H Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Seasonic Platinum 660W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C'DaleRider View Post
    . . . BTW.....why was there never much love given to Antec's HCP lineup outside some review sites? Delta built, achieved mythic level in ripple control, voltage regulation. First class (maybe best in class) soldering, excellent parts selection. Yet, the line is rarely mentioned as a competitor vs. the likes of Seasonic, et al.
    Maybe because they tried to pioneer a different form factor, and that failed to catch on.
    CPU: Core i7 8700k, HT enabled, all 6 cores OC'd to 4.8GHz, Vcore = 1.24v
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D15 with one NF-A15 1500 RPM PWM fan
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370X Aorus Gaming 7
    RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM 16-18-18-36@3200MHz, Vdimm = 1.35v
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 with 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X
    SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB TLC; SSD2: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1TB 3-bit MLC
    HD: WD 500GB (old); Case: LIAN LI PC-7H Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Seasonic Platinum 660W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ehume View Post
    Maybe because they tried to pioneer a different form factor, and that failed to catch on.
    HCP!=CP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ehume View Post
    I guess I wasn't explicit enough. Antec's High Current Pro (HCP) as opposed to the High Current Gamer (HCG), both of which were standard ATX-sized power supplies. Nothing odd sized about them at all.
    A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'
    - Stephen Wright

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
    - Brooks Atkinson