Thread: Seasonic X Series 1250W RMA newbie

cheapie is offline That weird furry girl they warned you about
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shldn0btr View Post
    Well, just got another letter from SeaSonic:

Shipping replacement PSU - SSR-1300GD. I'm thinking this is pretty great.
    Yep, that's a Prime Ultra Gold 1300W if I'm reading it right. Should be a pretty decent upgrade, even if nobody has reviewed that particular unit yet as far as I can tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

All the information I could find on the PSU was more Euro centric but Seasonic replaced my unit with a 'new' equivalent so there's that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi shldn0btr, sorry, what do you mean by information was more EU centric? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pages that came up for specific search terms had Euro prices attached.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I had a X1250 Gold 80+ so time probably dictated the change. The nicest part is I've been made whole for the PSU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The whole experience was quick and painless. I still don't know what the problem was, but it warranted replacement not refurbishing. I've also have two motherboards now that had been touched by it that are not working.

The original Asus with the totally ambiguous 00 fault they're famous for and a G1.Sniper M5 that I tested the graphics card on with the X1250 that came up with a memory error.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not sure why your searches come up with Euro prices as you are in Canada. Are you using Google Canada or USA?

As well, I am not sure what you mean but your MBs were touched by it and not working? Normally speaking the PSU allows the components to pull the power and for a MB to be damaged by the PSU.... normally it entails the usage of wrong of faulty DC cables or can be caused by a sudden power surge on the grid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonic Rep View Post
    I am not sure why your searches come up with Euro prices as you are in Canada. Are you using Google Canada or USA?
    I use a variety of browsers and search engines. It may have been the specificity of the model number combined with the other terms such as 'reviews' and such. Since there are a dearth of reviews the young Ai's might have stretched as far as their algorithms could reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasonic Rep View Post
    As well, I am not sure what you mean but your MBs were touched by it and not working? Normally speaking the PSU allows the components to pull the power and for a MB to be damaged by the PSU.... normally it entails the usage of wrong of faulty DC cables or can be caused by a sudden power surge on the grid.
    Exactly. Correlation is not causation. Asus board died. 1250X was sidelined. Used motherboard was purchased, the Sniper and a kludge of that, my 32GB RAM, 4790K CPU and a used 1050Ti were subbed in on an older CX430 with 5 drives offline. Time passed, the 1050 Ti's lack of ability became annoying, a 980Ti became available as well as another high res 30" screen. I upgraded and couldn't resist stripping the 1050Ti out and subbing in the 980Ti. I brought the X1250 online with that combo and the machine wouldn't boot.

It also wouldn't boot with the 1050Ti and declared that there were memory errors. Did the stick dance to no avail. Even switching the CX430 back in did nothing.

Still having a pittance of savings in my technology fund, I purchased a new PSU and a motherboard/RAM/CPU combo from my next upgrade's budget.

That's the story, so I'm just wondering if the symptoms are consistent with a low or nonexistent reading on the 12V2 and why the PSU would be replaced instead of refurbished. I'd sorta like to know what was wrong and what symptoms would appear. As for the cables, they're plainly labeled.