Thread: Kolink KL-C400

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kolink KL-C400

Price is 26€, I want to see if this is a "passable" PSU, as in, decent enough for just office usage, browsing, etc, and not a total crap and safe enough. Any inside pictures?
    If not, is there something decent in europe for 30€ or less?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I don't have pictures, but I've seen the inside and also put it to the load tester. It's simple double forward converter design with group regulation for minor rails plus rather cheap components. Soldering qualiyt was ok, but definately not top notch. It's not the worst of the worst and the efficiency is >80 for real, but there are much better PSU for 10 EUR extra. There are also much worse PSu for the same price in most countries. In the end question is how urgent you need to save some money on the PSU.

Review of the 500W version at TweakPC: http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests...l_c500/s02.php

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    I don't have pictures, but I've seen the inside and also put it to the load tester. It's simple double forward converter design with group regulation for minor rails plus rather cheap components. Soldering qualiyt was ok, but definately not top notch. It's not the worst of the worst and the efficiency is >80 for real, but there are much better PSU for 10 EUR extra. There are also much worse PSu for the same price in most countries. In the end question is how urgent you need to save some money on the PSU.

Review of the 500W version at TweakPC: http://www.tweakpc.de/hardware/tests...l_c500/s02.php
    The guy needs it to be max 30€, more is not possible, he just wants to avoid 15€ PSU, so the question would be if it is a clear improvement over 15€ crap generic PSU. I think it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, at 400W the platform is probably gonna be better than at 500W. So if all he has is €30, then get that one over the €15 ones. We all know that at the lower price you're most likely getting a PSU that can probably just deliver half of what it says at best...

Rig 1: Core i5 6600K - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC2666 RAM - MSI GeForce GTX1070 - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD - Corsair RM550x - Fractal Design R5 - Win10 64

Rig 2: Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9 GHz - Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 - Corsair LPX 16GB PC3200 RAM - Gigabyte GeForce 1070 - 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Corsair RM650i - Win10 64
    HTPC: AMD A6-6400k - MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 mITX - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz - 3.5TB storage - Silver Power 460W passive - CM Elite 120

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post

So you have seen the inside, in that case, can you confirm if it is better than these 3 generic PSU? and why:

PSU 1

PSU 2

PSU 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all 3 are old - "5v heavy" design + low quality and poor efficiency, so kolink will be better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The Kolink is definately better. However oyu also should check your local market for special promotions. EVGA offers really agressive pricing in some markets. Other brands do as well. FOr regular pricing the Kolink is a good option, but if you can get a 40 Euro PSU for 30 because of some promotion it might be the better choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably won't help at all but you can see internals of KL-400 Bronze here:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/th...nals.18701754/