Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: RM1000i and (new)HX1000

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default RM1000i and (new)HX1000

    Hi, i finaly found two great deal on a store for those two psu.
    Initialy the RM1000i was my first choice but now i'm tempted on the HX1000 because there are only 12 euro difference, but i see very few review of the new HX oline...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,070
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    538
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    The RMi has Link. The HX does not.

    The HX is just the HXi without Liink.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    Blake86 (08-07-2017)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    The RMi has Link. The HX does not.

    The HX is just the HXi without Liink.
    i'll go for the rmi then! Better ripple suppression. I dont care too much the efficiency since the rmi is already a more then gold unit. Thank you Jonny!!!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,314
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    379
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    102
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

    Default

    The lower ripple is because of those in cable caps which only make cable management more difficult without having a real benefit.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    The lower ripple is because of those in cable caps which only make cable management more difficult without having a real benefit.
    mmm, which do you prefer?
    Ps.
    At first I did not notice the difference, but, actualy, the rmi cables whitin those sheath looks pretty

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,070
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    538
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake86 View Post
    i'll go for the rmi then! Better ripple suppression. I dont care too much the efficiency since the rmi is already a more then gold unit. Thank you Jonny!!!
    Um.. no...

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    The lower ripple is because of those in cable caps which only make cable management more difficult without having a real benefit.
    Mask is correct. HXi doesn't have the caps in the cables. HX does.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,641
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    66
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

    Default

    I really don't understand the obsession with ripple...

    If we are close to specs, OK, point taken.
    But if we are talking about 1/4 of the spec and less, I don't really see any point...

    @Jon
    Why don't you do a running change and use the RMi modular PCB and cables for HXi?
    You have all the parts, Casing is the same, shoudn't be a problem, is it??

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,070
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    538
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Payne View Post
    @Jon
    Why don't you do a running change and use the RMi modular PCB and cables for HXi?
    You have all the parts, Casing is the same, shoudn't be a problem, is it??
    It wouldn't be a problem... but it's also pointless. Nobody is going to re-review the HXi just because it has caps in the cables. And the difference between 10mV to 20mV is negligible on performance or component life.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    ITALY
    Posts
    32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Um.. no...



    Mask is correct. HXi doesn't have the caps in the cables. HX does.
    Jonny why you say no? Now i'm in panic lol, i realy thought rmi was an excellent choice

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,070
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    538
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake86 View Post
    Jonny why you say no? Now i'm in panic lol, i realy thought rmi was an excellent choice
    It is an excellent choice.

    I'm just saying your assumption that RMi has lower ripple than HX is incorrect.

Similar Threads

  1. RM1000i Wiring
    By Virgule in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 08:09 PM
  2. Corsair RM1000i OCP and dual GPU.
    By Aeig in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 06:40 AM
  3. Corsair RM1000x and RM1000i Review@ Anandtech
    By sith'ari in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2015, 01:49 AM
  4. HX1000 @ [H]
    By Killy in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 04:47 PM
  5. New HX1000
    By mpilchfamily in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •