Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSU smoke explosion in Aris' labs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinpoint View Post
    "Burn In" you think Andyson has an QA "just kidding"

Yes this is posible
    I know they do.

TechRed before and after housing assembly and a burn in chamber right before pack out.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

GDILord (07-18-2017), tinpoint (07-17-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Andyson production line was upgraded to Chroma 8000 setup a while ago. I've been there.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

GDILord (07-18-2017), Jon Gerow (07-18-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*This post is related to a comment deleted later*

I think this is not exactly a topic which makes a good impression. Aris is sharing from his lab and he deliberately decided to hide the PSU brand and model, probably because it's an engineering sample. Engineering sampels some times blow, and that's exactly why those products are not beeing sold in this phase yet. You need to check all potential problems to find as many as you can and fix them before releasiung a new product to mass production. Poiting the finger at brands makes no sense, but will damage the brand name with less experienced readers. Plus, it's speculation, since there is neither proof nor confirmation.

In the end by discussing such rumors you make sure professionals in the industry like Jon, Aris or me can't share facts, pictures and videos here any more. Therefore I would kindly ask you to stop speculating here and in similar forum threads.
    Last edited by Philipus II; 07-19-2017 at 03:25 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

ehume (07-19-2017), GDILord (07-19-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    but will damage the brand name with less experienced readers.
    Ah, apologies. I believe we got so caught up with playing Sherlock Holmes, that we forgot this. I've even seen someone posting a video of a particular series the other day in attempt to devalue a recommendation despite it had long been fixed.

So yeah, I'll edit my post to prevent this as well as respect Aris' decision to censored it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    I think this is not exactly a topic which makes a good impression. Aris is sharing from his lab and he deliberately decided to hide the PSU brand and model, probably because it's an engineering sample. Engineering sampels some times blow, and that's exactly why those products are not beeing sold in this phase yet. You need to check all potential problems to find as many as you can and fix them before releasiung a new product to mass production. Poiting the finger at brands makes no sense, but will damage the brand name with less experienced readers. Plus, it's speculation, since there is neither proof nor confirmation.

In the end by discussing such rumors you make sure professionals in the industry like Jon, Aris or me can't share facts, pictures and videos here any more. Therefore I would kindly ask you to stop speculating here and in similar forum threads.
    I have deleted my posts, but if I also may provide my own humble opinion. If someone is going to share something publicly on the Internet for everyone in the world to see, it's their own responsibility to ensure the product in the image cannot be identified, as there is no legal burden of any kind on some average Joe watching the Youtube video who wants to speculate for fun. Likewise, if you are sharing facts and images about power supplies on a public forum, you should only expect that information to be spread elsewhere and be interpreted in whatever manner people decide to interpret it in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turkey3_scratch View Post
    I have deleted my posts, but if I also may provide my own humble opinion. If someone is going to share something publicly on the Internet for everyone in the world to see, it's their own responsibility to ensure the product in the image cannot be identified, as there is no legal burden of any kind on some average Joe watching the Youtube video who wants to speculate for fun. Likewise, if you are sharing facts and images about power supplies on a public forum, you should only expect that information to be spread elsewhere and be interpreted in whatever manner people decide to interpret it in.
    And this is why investigators won't share their videos, even on a tech-oriented website like this one.
    CPU: Core i7 8700k, HT enabled, all 6 cores OC'd to 4.8GHz, Vcore = 1.24v
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D15 with one NF-A15 1500 RPM PWM fan
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370X Aorus Gaming 7
    RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 RAM 16-18-18-36@3200MHz, Vdimm = 1.35v
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 with 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X
    SSD1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB TLC; SSD2: SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1TB 3-bit MLC
    HD: WD 500GB (old); Case: LIAN LI PC-7H Aluminum ATX Mid Tower
    PSU: Seasonic Platinum 660W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ehume View Post
    And this is why investigators won't share their videos, even on a tech-oriented website like this one.
    Being on a tech-oriented doesn't make anything private. This is the Internet. It's really their responsibility to be cautious about what they share.