Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Cooler Master introduces affordable MWE PSU series

MPW-4002-ACABW
    MPW-4502-ACABW
    MPW-5002-ACABW

The MWE delivers everything you expect from top tier power supply at a budget price. This unit also comes with a circuit design that will protect your system at all times. The 120mm fan keeps your system cool with little noise. This tough little box is the perfect solution for all your power needs.

Features

High Efficiency and Low Noise - with Active Power Factor Correction design and forward topology. Meeting the 80 PLUS certification for 230V, the MWE will guarantee a typical efficiency of at least 85% during normal use.

ErP 2013 Lot 6 Compliant - The MWE is designed to the latest envirmental regulations and standards, meeting the ErP 2013 mandates. The MWE consumes less then 0.5 Watt when your system is in standby mode, which not only reduces strain on the environment but also your energy bill

Proven Thermal Resistance - The MWE is engineered to operate normally at up to 40°C, providing added confidence to security and reliability to systems operating in warmer environments.

Quiet and Durable - The thermally controlled 120mm HDB fan operates smoothly without friction.

Enjoy your system with a durable fan in a quiet environment.

Damage Resistant - The MWE provides you full standard protection (OCP/OVP/UVP/SCP/OPP) plus built-in Over Temperature Protection (OTP). These extra security measures minimize the risk of damage to your system
    from power outages

- ATX12V V2.31
    - Active PFC
    - 230V Only (200-260Vac)
    - HDB 120mm fan (725-1460RPM)
    - 100-500ms PG signal, 14ms hold-up time
    - 80 Plus 230V EU
    - 40ºC Operating Temperature
    - OVP / OPP / OTP / SCP
    - 3y warranty

http://assets.coolermaster.com/produ...mw_l_06_01.png
    http://assets.coolermaster.com/produ...mw_l_01_01.png

http://www.coolermaster.com/powersup...eries/mwe-400/
    http://www.coolermaster.com/powersup...eries/mwe-450/
    http://www.coolermaster.com/powersup...eries/mwe-500/

It's probably Enhance or CWT made, seems like a downgraded version of Masterwatt Lite, maybe targeted to other markets.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to breixobaloca For This Useful Post:

Al3xand3r (11-05-2017), ManoloKosh (11-04-2017), Nuckles_56 (06-27-2017), Orion (06-27-2017), turkey3_scratch (06-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how is that compared to FSP Hexa II series?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks.
    As Masterwatt Lite aren't great performance/quality PSUs it would be interesting to see how these are compared, as @satyr01 said, to other low cost PSU as the mentioned FSP Hexa II or Be Quiet System Power 8, Cougar STX or EVGA W1.
    Last edited by ManoloKosh; 11-05-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a hell of a lot of faith in low cost PSUs anymore, but as long as they 1) Can deliver their rated power and keep voltage regulation and ripple within check and 2) Last at least 2 or 3 years, then ok. I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. Just as long as it is not like in the old days, I remember my Thermaltake "410W" PSU blew up after half a year and killed my mobo (and I suspect it may have murdered at least one hard drive during that time).

Rig 1: Core i5 6600K - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC2666 RAM - MSI GeForce GTX1070 - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD - Corsair RM550x - Fractal Design R5 - Win10 64

Rig 2: Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9 GHz - Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 - Corsair LPX 16GB PC3200 RAM - Gigabyte GeForce 1070 - 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Corsair RM650i - Win10 64
    HTPC: AMD A6-6400k - MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 mITX - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz - 3.5TB storage - Silver Power 460W passive - CM Elite 120

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satyr01 View Post
    how is that compared to FSP Hexa II series?
    Hexa 2 is amusingly tragic (many forget the first Hexa is long gone), this? I know CM and they can't create really competitive product. Evga 430W will be, still, a much better option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dropadred View Post
    Hexa 2 is amusingly tragic (many forget the first Hexa is long gone), this? I know CM and they can't create really competitive product. Evga 430W will be, still, a much better option.
    Coolermaster V fully mod is still a very good unit and when on sale holds up super well value-wise compared to newer options from Seasonic/Corsair etc (Makes me wonder why more companies didn't jump on that Seasonic platform). EVGA 430w is also pretty damn bad, low cost PSUs in general make little sense nowadays when you can get a CX/CXm for $25 quite often (USA) or 30-35 Euros gets you a BeQuiet Pure Power 10/10-cm 400w...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BQ! PSUs are nowhere able to hold any competition in general..if they do not suck, they are more expensive than competition which will offer more an better at lower price. But I definitely agree with CX (new, grey sticker), but not at us, locally. Evga 430W is ~37€ and new CX/CXm starts somewhere at 50€, but there it competes with EVGA B3, which I do not adore at all when there are new CX/CXm.

But, hell, 25$ for new CX/CXm (low-wattage models I reckon)? I am packing my schiit and wait for me, uncle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dropadred View Post
    BQ! PSUs are nowhere able to hold any competition in general..if they do not suck, they are more expensive than competition
    That's not true.
    The Pure Power 10 he mentioned is pretty good...
    Prices in Europe are also pretty good. Don't know about the Russia Sphere and China/Asian Market...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Be Quiet PSUs only are competition in certain countries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CM units dont really count to me. Messy brand to be honest.