Thread: Anyone had experience with 500W ANTEC VP500P?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone had experience with 500W ANTEC VP500P?

I've been all over the place trying to get some opinions regarding available PSU's for me, however i am still not sure what i should do.

I live in a pretty remote part of Europe where apparently we don't have access to the top of the line PSU equipment, and i can't order anything from Amazon or the likes since they don't ship to us ._.

With that said, out of the Antec PSU series, the only one i have available is the 500W ANTEC VP500P and i have no idea how good the PSU is and if it would be able to support this system without blowing up and taking half the system with it. - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cXfff8

I've seen reviews of pretty much all of the other Antec PSU's but just not this one specifically and i can't find anything good or bad about it on google, so i was hoping that maybe here someone heard anything about that PSU and if its safe to use.

Please do advise if i should try and use that on the rig i have listed above, or if i should use something else from this list

Would be great if anyone heard anything about it and could give me some advice, or for anything out of that list in general, or where i could actually get a decent psu ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What, no1 has any advice regarding the available PSU's or experience with that thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts

Haha... Well. It's quite the oddball PSU. I believe a regional SKU.

I seriously doubt any Antec product would "blow up and take half the system". But nobody here knows much of anything about that unit other than the Antec rep himself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it the VP500 v2 or the VP500, original version? The V2 version has an increased output on the +12V rails compared to the original version, for what that's worth. (18A per +12V rail on the original vs. 25A per +12V rail on the V2.)d

It's part of Antec's Basiq series. Nothing earth shattering but certainly not a time bomb waiting to explode.
    A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat.'
    - Stephen Wright

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
    - Brooks Atkinson

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C'DaleRider View Post
    Is it the VP500 v2 or the VP500, original version? The V2 version has an increased output on the +12V rails compared to the original version, for what that's worth. (18A per +12V rail on the original vs. 25A per +12V rail on the V2.)d

It's part of Antec's Basiq series. Nothing earth shattering but certainly not a time bomb waiting to explode.
    So in theory it should work fine with a system that has a maximum output of around 360~380W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi,

Supposedly they sell the V2, both differ importantly only on connectors.
    The V1 had 4 SATA + 4 Molex and the V2 has 4 SATA + 3 Molex.

By design, they are both decent group-regulated units made by FSP and 24/7 500W capable at 30C. From your alternative list they are the best. There is some really scary stuff on that list.

And they are the regular versions, the "regional" version would be the one for Korea, the VP500P V2 KR with more connectors and its own box
    Attached Images Attached Images