Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EVGA 450 BT?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think this thing is a god send for cheap repair jobs. they are $22 a pop on amazon right now. i used these to bring a couple of 15+ year old SONY desktop computers back to life for a client. voltages are were they should be. no problems to report.

i came here because i was wondered who made these things. the fact that these came form super flower is a pleasant surprise. i can now sleep soundly knowing that i'm not going to burn down a garment factory with cheap PSUs. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
    i think this thing is a god send for cheap repair jobs. they are $22 a pop on amazon right now. i used these to bring a couple of 15+ year old SONY desktop computers back to life for a client. voltages are were they should be. no problems to report.

i came here because i was wondered who made these things. the fact that these came form super flower is a pleasant surprise. i can now sleep soundly knowing that i'm not going to burn down a garment factory with cheap PSUs. lol

Just because it's made by Super Flower* doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There are no reviews or test, so it's a blind purchase.

* Well, it's a Super Flower design. However, it's possible Super Flower is outsourcing it (specially if you consider the typical transformer markings of the SF-made units are absent here).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Just because it's made by Super Flower* doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There are no reviews or test, so it's a blind purchase.

* Well, it's a Super Flower design. However, it's possible Super Flower is outsourcing it (specially if you consider the typical transformer markings of the SF-made units are absent here).
    i know it doesn't automatically make it good. but i do know it wasn't designed by monkeys and engineering school rejects. at the very least i know it's not a fire hazard and can deliver at least 80% of the advertised wattage. that's all that matters at this price point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by solomonshv View Post
    i know it doesn't automatically make it good. but i do know it wasn't designed by monkeys and engineering school rejects. at the very least i know it's not a fire hazard and can deliver at least 80% of the advertised wattage. that's all that matters at this price point.
    This ^^. It's probably a good prediction it's okay, just like if Seasonic had made it. Doesn't mean these manufacturers are to be worshipped or anything but they have a fairly good record.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delter View Post
    Not at this price man. And i dont think its the same plataform.

Plus i think the FX was near 50€?

I hope EVGA bring this stuff to EU asap.
    Yes it was. People recommended it a lot in Spain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just ordered one of these for $20 on amazon to test a few old motherboards i had laying around and it will be arriving later today. I was thinking that once i was done with it, i'd send it to Jonny because i can't recall seeing him review anything so inexpensive, and the hot tests possibly leading to fireworks could make for an entertaining bit of reading. Only thing is, for what it would cost to ship it, it may be cheaper to paypal him $20 to grab a new one shipped amazon prime. Hmm..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Amazon had this for $29.99 with a $20.00 rebate so the net cost is $9.99. EVGA is pretty reliable about paying their rebates and while I don't need this for $10 I'll keep it on hand in case its need for a family member or what not. Sold out now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    I just ordered one of these for $20 on amazon to test a few old motherboards i had laying around and it will be arriving later today. I was thinking that once i was done with it, i'd send it to Jonny because i can't recall seeing him review anything so inexpensive..
    Well.... I don't review the PSUs here.

You'll want to talk to Tazz or Wolf if you want the PSU reviewed on this site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd love to see one of these reviewed, if someone can send one over to the team.

I've never seen a PSU for 9.99, and even less one that is way better than any cheap ones out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one of these powering my test bench I use for testing used and recycled parts. A warranty on something this price is basically just a cordial, anyway. I'll crack it open and snap a couple decent photos if anyone still cares to know what platform is in there for sure.