Thread: "System" downloaded 27.9GB. Why? When?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "System" downloaded 27.9GB. Why? When?

Can anybody explain what happen? what is this sorcery?
    I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed, i deactivated myself all the apps/telemetry/error reports/windows defender/windows updates/etc not to connect & deliver any information, before i even connect the system to the internet.
    In the Settings --> Network & Internet --> Data Usage = 28.49GB [see images attached]

I admit that few days ago i started to mine bitcoins. I use BitMinter and Nicehash.
    My computing power is very low, i am aware that i wont make any profit, i am aware that from 2013 people started to use ASIC machines since GPU+CPU mining became obsolete. So i am aware that the network line is used by these two mining applications, but does it say that SYSTEM downloaded-or-uploaded 27GB ?

I have disabled all these functions before i could connect the system to the web:
    - Telemetry - OFF
    - Location and Sensors - OFF
    - Windows Defender - OFF
    - Windows Updates - OFF
    - Error Reporting - OFF
    - System Restore - OFF
    - System Backup - OFF
    - Windows Firewall - OFF
    - Allow Cortana - OFF
    - Maps - OFF
    - OneDrive - OFF
    - etc [i could continue]
    I have Avast antivirus registered and up to date, i know it is not the best antivirus in the world, but it is fast, small and efficient. i have No viruses at all.
    What do you think it might be the problem? i dont think i am infected with some kind of keylogger or other spyware, i have already checked.
    ps: this Windows 10 Enterprise is very stable and fast. Both Cpu and Gpu are running in full 100% load since i do bitcoin mining non-stop, and i can open other programs and windows very easy. I was a Linux fan, and every day passing i move farther from Linux.

Anybody here with Windows 10 ? what data usage do you have? does it shows same to you? System= ### GB ?
    Last edited by minus0; 04-30-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there,

it is probably Windoze updates and download and upload of the same. From my personal experience.