Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Zalman ZM600-LX – dual forward power supply @HWI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why do you need good zoom when you can shove the lens into the PSU?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Because you also gain magnification that way?
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McSteel View Post
    Because you also gain magnification that way?
    You can get close enough with a phone for most PS reviews. You don't need to get a full-screen image of a resistor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno, with HTC Desire 310 I couldn't even get clear general shot of a secondary, nevermind any details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafal_iB_PL View Post
    I dunno, with HTC Desire 310 I couldn't even get clear general shot of a secondary, nevermind any details.
    Well you wouldn't get it with a desire 310, you probably will with a s5 or above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

I have an LG G5 and the manual settings are more dynamic than my SLR. Sure, the resolution isn't as high (16mp), but I can control shutter speed, ISO, focus, white balance, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by turkey3_scratch View Post
    You can get close enough with a phone for most PS reviews. You don't need to get a full-screen image of a resistor.
    Please read something about optical distortion first, especially barrel distortion.

And no, you can not get closer. Well, maybe YOU can, I can not.

As I said, there have been some picture enhancement settings in place which actually made it worst which is also what the manual states. That has been disabled and artifact suppression has been set to maximum. There is now just a few stuck pixels (and mostly red) where there used to be hundreds before (all basic colors) according to my initial testing. Together with shooting to both RAW and JPEG simultaneously the result should be much better now. I'll see next time when I'll be taking pictures of some cases, there is no time for me to shoot the PSUs again. Which reminds me I should get new and larger white background, the current one is no longer white after the years and also too small for the cases.

There is no point in reacting to that BS about phones, if I wanted to spend the money these craps cost, I could buy both new (proper) camera and also some second-hand Blackberry for the same price these PoSes cost. I mean, droid, windblows or iCrap, are you serious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here goes! http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/z...supply-review/

On the good side, there has been great improvement since the LE series also from the same OEM. But it is still not good enough…

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Behemot For This Useful Post:

quest for silence (11-28-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Apparently you're not aware of macro mode or proper lightning. The preview pictures in the first post are grainy as f**

Even with my old Canon A580 I could do better pictures. It's 1/2.5" sensor but packs only 8 MP.

At the end of the day it's still a 1/2.33 sensor, crappy, with a low to average lens not really suited for close-up shots. You don't need zoom for power supply pictures.
    I'd sell that camera and buy something better, or at least invest in better lightning.

As for iPhone quality, here's a comparison with other brands of cameras, you can see some people preferring iPhone shots over other cameras for some use cases.
    And also, the quality is remarkable for a phone... better than some point and shoot cameras.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQpueEvb-U

As for the actual power supply, it looks like a good attempt. A power supply cheap as that one won't be used by people building computers using more than 3-400 watts, just by people buying 500w+ power supplies because that's what video card manufacturers recommend, or something like that.

The high 12v voltage when you use a lot on 5v won't be an issue, it's unlikely any system will use 15A at 5v or more ...

As no-name or cheap components they use, at least they use proper ones like to-220 mounted diodes instead of couple of diodes on heatsink, and they use a bridge rectifier and pfc section looks reasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently you are not aware of the fact macro is fuckin' useless most of the time (depth of focus, anything?)…and yeah, I can not do better than 2×500W halogen+some 36W ceiling CCFL tubes at the moment.

There is nothing wrong with discrete diodes as long as they are beefy enough. The difference between this recitifer wihout heatsink and discrete diodes at 230V nominal is close to none…