Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonic x-series 1250w refuses to startup after being shut down, chirping noise !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Seasonic x-series 1250w refuses to startup after being shut down, chirping noise !

Seasonic x-series 1250w start up issue, refuses to startup after being shut down, chirping noise on startup, must leave it off for a while to be able to switch on again, do you guys have an idea what could be the issue with it ?

i tried to take it to the retailer i got it from but he refused to help as i couldn't reproduce the issue at the store, it shows up when i'm having the psu loaded for a while then switch it off, it refuses to switch on and just set there producing a chirping noise.

i was told it could be a capacitor refusing to switch on before it completely discharges, i can try to replace the faulty part myself if somebody can point me in the direction, this unit was purchased 3.5 years ago it is supposed to be having a 5 year warranty but as expected the local retailer is not honoring that

if somebody has an idea which component can be causing this, please don't hold back as shipping the PSU back to seasonic directly is not an option ...

i would also like to mention that if i keep on turning the power switch on the back of the PSU off and on many times rapidly it will eventually pickup and start also worth mentioning that once the PSU is on it can work non stop all day long without a hitch that is until i turn it off and try to power it back on again ....

Last edited by invincible20xx; 09-29-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Contact Seasonic support directly in your region.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    Contact Seasonic support directly in your region.
    there is none, i'm from the egypt, even if there was and they ended up asking me to ship the PSU directly to seasonic it would cost what the PSU is worth in shipping

my dad used to fix electronics for a living and he knows how to solder/de-solder and is pretty experienced at that, if just somebody can tell me which capacitor in that model is responsible for the startup i can try to have it replaced, because i will not be able to ship it directly to seasonic anyways and the local retailer just won't do a thing about it :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Not necessarily a PSU issue. You try the PSU with another motherboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Not necessarily a PSU issue. You try the PSU with another motherboard?
    yes i did, with the same result, i'm having that PSU off for a month now and i know for sure if i turn it on it will start up but after loading it for a while and then switching off the rig and trying to switch back on the issue will occur, upon a failed startup attempt the psu produces that chirping noise i thought of opening the psu and try to listen carefully to where that chirping is coming from maybe that's the component that is busted ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Seasonic doesn't have any middle Eastern or African support facility? I'd much rather you RMA it than try to fix it yourself. Have you contacted Seasonic or their authorized distributor Venus Electronics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Seasonic doesn't have any middle Eastern or African support facility? I'd much rather you RMA it than try to fix it yourself. Have you contacted Seasonic or their authorized distributor Venus Electronics?
    i took it to the retailer that venus exclusively distributes it's seasonic PSU's through and couldn't reproduce the issue and they refused to help, the power will not show the issue unless stressed properly and then shut down, i took it before the power switched on no problem at the store which it does if left off for a while (1 ~ 2 hours), they were like no the power is fine it turns on no problem, the guy was rude as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

I would contact Venus Electronics directly... as well as Seasonic.

I would also PM SeasonicRep here in these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Capacitors are passives... They don't "refuse to switch on"... Of course it could be a faulty capacitor but I doubt so.

It's really hard to diagnose a PSU problem over the internet... A chirping noise is usually either from the fan/inductors or transformer. If it makes that noise when it fails to turn on then it could be a lot of things, faulty primary switching mosfets/too low ac input could be a possibility.

Have you tried someone else's house? It could be it doesn't like your power :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ridgid13579 View Post
    Capacitors are passives... They don't "refuse to switch on"... Of course it could be a faulty capacitor but I doubt so.

It's really hard to diagnose a PSU problem over the internet... A chirping noise is usually either from the fan/inductors or transformer. If it makes that noise when it fails to turn on then it could be a lot of things, faulty primary switching mosfets/too low ac input could be a possibility.

Have you tried someone else's house? It could be it doesn't like your power :P
    didn't try it somewhere else but i doubt it because i have another 850w seasonic gold in another rig in the same house and it's gaming fine lol