Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Preview: Linkworld Stability Power LPJ9-25 420 W @HWI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by »broda« View Post
    Would you like to take a look for it?
    We (or is it just me?) still don't know much about the work of the strange OEM on the inside...
    I would, but I am not sure if the CEO is still talking to me, or not Could maybe try to ask again…otherwise I'll try it through their reseller, if they are going to stock them…
    Quote Originally Posted by quest for silence View Post
    And so what's the reason behind running a legacy PC?
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Behemot For This Useful Post:

»broda« (08-29-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quest for silence View Post
    And so what's the reason behind running a legacy PC?

In the past had a thorough discussion about that with an [H] forum member (*it was back at the time that i first started to read PSU reviews).
    Check this thread : https://hardforum.com/threads/season...ost-1040765225
    and if you don't have much patience reading the entire thread, just read my post #13 which is the key post for your question.
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sith'ari For This Useful Post:

quest for silence (08-29-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

(*when i bought my pc, i bought everything in doubles to be covered from possible future mulfunction, so as you can see mulfunction is not a concern!!))
    Did you really buy a double for every part? CPU, GPU, etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Did you really buy a double for every part? CPU, GPU, etc?
    Yeap, and with these parts i have built another identical pc !!!, with the exception of the PSU ( Corsair AX760) and the GPU (right now i'm using an 750 non-Ti). All the other parts, CPU, mobo, even the CPU cooler are identical !!
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@JonnyGURU

The “CE” mark has nothing in common with Conformité Européenne as it has wrong format. It looks more like China Export though even that is not precisely the representation. So the unit lies in being conformative with European legislation right on the first look, I wonder what lies ahead of us now…

It wasn't a paranoia .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by breixobaloca View Post
    @JonnyGURU

The “CE” mark has nothing in common with Conformité Européenne as it has wrong format. It looks more like China Export though even that is not precisely the representation. So the unit lies in being conformative with European legislation right on the first look, I wonder what lies ahead of us now…
    I better tell our graphics designers to stop squishing the C and the E together to make room for all of the other certifications on the label.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CE has strictly given format. Anything else is not CE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    I better tell our graphics designers to stop squishing the C and the E together to make room for all of the other certifications on the label.
    It's really important, and obviously some brands modify the logo even if they tested and comply EU certification.

You also need to have a public Conformity Declaration like this http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...56U_DoC_CE.pdf for every product who needs it.

In any case, hope your power supplies comply with EMC, RoHS and ERP. That are the requirements for being into the CE legality
    Last edited by breixobaloca; 09-01-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: problems with grammar :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behemot View Post
    CE has strictly given format. Anything else is not CE
    I thought it stood for "Corsair Engineered".

Quote Originally Posted by breixobaloca View Post
    You also need to have a public Conformity Declaration like this http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...56U_DoC_CE.pdf for every product who needs it.

In any case, hope your power supplies comply with EMC, RoHS and ERP. That are the requirements for being into the CE legality
    We provide the declarations on request. I'm sort of joking about the whole CE spacing thing to point out how someone could make an innocent mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I thought it stood for "Corsair Engineered".

We provide the declarations on request. I'm sort of joking about the whole CE spacing thing to point out how someone could make an innocent mistake.
    Don't really know if they have to be public. In any case, nice.

Official Journal of the European Union

(2016/C 272/01)

The 'Blue Guide' on the implementation of EU products rules 2016

The CE marking must be affixed visibly, legibly and indelibly to the product or to its data plate. However, where this is
    not possible or not warranted on account of the nature of the product, it must be affixed to the packaging, if any, and/
    or to the accompanying documents. The CE marking may not, in principle, be affixed until the conformity assessment
    procedure has been completed to ensure that the product complies with all the provisions of the relevant Union harmonisation
    acts. This will usually be at the end of the production phase. This poses no problem if, for example, the CE
    marking is on a data plate that is not affixed to the product until after the final inspection. However, if (for example) the
    CE marking is affixed by stamping or casting, the marking can be affixed at any other stage of the production phase,
    provided that the conformity of the product is verified as part of the production process.
    The requirement for visibility means that the CE marking must be easily accessible for all parties. It could, for instance,
    be affixed on the back or underside of a product. The requirement for visibility does not necessarily mean that the CE
    marking must be visible before opening a products' packaging because affixing the CE marking also to the packaging is
    only necessary in case this is explicitly required in the relevant Union acts. A minimum height of 5 mm is required to
    ensure that it is legible. However according to the several pieces of legislation (220) the minimum dimension of the CE
    marking may be waived for small devices or components.

The CE marking can take different forms (e.g. colour, solid/hollow) as long as it remains visible, legible and respects its
    proportions
    . It must also be indelible so that it cannot be removed under normal circumstances without leaving
    noticeable traces (for example some product standards provide for a rub test with water and petroleum spirits).
    Nevertheless, this does not mean that the CE marking must form an integral part of the product.

Regulation (EC) No 765/2008 and Decision 768/2008/EC lay down that the CE marking must have the dimensions,
    format and proportions defined in Annex II to Regulation (EC) No 765/2008 and be legible and clearly affixed.

Regulation (EC) No 765/2008 and Decision No 768/2008/EC do not forbid any kind of design (e.g. ‘hollow’ design) as
    long as the above conditions are respected. However, electronic labelling only is not allowed.
    REGULATION (EC) No 765/2008 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
    of 9 July 2008

ANNEX II

1. The CE marking shall consist of the initials ‘CE’ taking the following form:

2. If the CE marking is reduced or enlarged, the proportions given in the graduated drawing in paragraph 1 shall be
    respected.
    3. Where specific legislation does not impose specific dimensions, the CE marking shall be at least 5 mm high

The brands can be as innocent as they want, but law is law . In any case I'm not a lawyer and I think this is a little bit more paper than anything.