Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Preview: SilentiumPC Enduro FM1 550 W (SPC118) @HWI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Depends on wich one you think is more important: Overload protection or overheat protection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why? If I blast it out, I just ask for another one. And of course tell them what I think about unit which promotes something and it does not work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    In Germany those PSU aren't available. They need to work on distribution, otherwise their brand will stay limited to eastern Europe. Let's wait for the reviews first however, if it's even worth considering to buy one...
    I wonder why Germany needs SPC brand anyway.With BeQuiet and the market saturated by others i don't feel is needed but well maybe is something else i am missing.The SPC is more for lower salaries countries like eastern europe.BeQuiet is a premium brand imo and the customer pay premium for it.
    The most expensive SPC psu in my country is 70 euro. The model Vero M1 600w.
    On bequiet very weird prices in my country.THey have 400w psu's and 300w.
    Last edited by myststars; 01-06-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Ryzen 1700
    Asus B350 Prime plus
    16gb ram 2133mhz
    MSI Radeon RX Vega56
    LDLC QS-650+ (seasonic g series 650w rebrand)
    KIngston Hyperx 240gb
    WD Raptor 500gb
    W10 x64
    Asus Xonar ST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by myststars View Post
    I wonder why Germany needs SPC brand anyway.With BeQuiet and the market saturated by others i don't feel is needed but well maybe is something else i am missing.The SPC is more for lower salaries countries like eastern europe.BeQuiet is a premium brand imo and the customer pay premium for it.
    The most expensive SPC psu in my country is 70 euro. The model Vero M1 600w.
    On bequiet very weird prices in my country.THey have 400w psu's and 300w.
    Germany needs SilentiumPC as a brand for the sake of competition. Obviously BeQuiet as a company would rather no one else was around so they could have 100% market share. As a country with a very specific taste, it's better that more brands are available to compete with the main contender.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

So true, because if there is no competition the quality goes down and the price goes up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think the SPC is the answer to that though, not anymore. For some time the communication was great (despite couple-month lap reportedly because of SPAMmed e-mails). Than with this unit it went downhill. I've reported the problems I found each time, it seemed they are actually intersted, but since the unit exploded because there is no OTP in the unit though advertised, things went toilet. After couple months of attempts I managed to get through to somebody else in that company but that one also stopped responding after the very first message.

So unless they have very bad SPAM filter, they just don't care and hapilly sell units where half of the advertised things do not work. Been actually thinking about releasing the article as it is, without testing the overload protections, because chances are the exploded unit I have will never get replaced. Most likely soon the series will be EoL'd and my work will be for nothing. I've invested a LOT of time and effort into it, including at least a dozen attempts to contact somebody to resolve the situation to (almost) complete ignore of the matter from their site. So let it be their image…

This is actually a problem of many brands which consider themselves, big&quality, I can tell ya from hand. Somebody from that company leaves and they can't even forward the e-mails to the new person who takes over! And I learn after half a year there is somebody else instead! So far there have been two exceptions and especially one of them is VERY active in communication, to the extend they've been reminding me to pick something up each week…for a while till I explained to them I'll contact them when free (as there is no reason to stock samples for 6 months before I get to them ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    Obviously BeQuiet as a company would rather no one else was around so they could have 100% market share.
    Well, yeah, but that's not limited to be quiet
    Especially some graphics or CPU companys seem to think that way...

As a country with a very specific taste, it's better that more brands are available to compete with the main contender.
    I agree with you here, totally...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Germany needs SilentiumPC as a brand for the sake of competition. Obviously BeQuiet as a company would rather no one else was around so they could have 100% market share. As a country with a very specific taste, it's better that more brands are available to compete with the main contender.
    C'mon are they so egotistical to want to be ALL alone in the market when they actually source their PSU's from others...

FSP and Seasonic and SF were much older than 2002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_quiet!

SF is around from 1991 for example.

Germans may be proud to buy a german product that is very good quality and priced acordingly.I have doubts that SPC can have much success in a such developed market.Why the average german will buy SPC over Corsair or SF ?
    Personally if i would have to choose brand new retail under warranty and around 50 euros i would have bought SF and not SPC. SF is much more intersting overall and original in some ways.They build the PSU's.They don't rebrand them like SPC. Also SPC is kinda borring imo in the way they market the products.Maybe this is part to keep costs down.

Also what you mean by "very specific taste" ?
    Ryzen 1700
    Asus B350 Prime plus
    16gb ram 2133mhz
    MSI Radeon RX Vega56
    LDLC QS-650+ (seasonic g series 650w rebrand)
    KIngston Hyperx 240gb
    WD Raptor 500gb
    W10 x64
    Asus Xonar ST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think they like as many 12V rails as possible there, for example.

Anyway, if for example this Enduro performed properly, it would have been great unit. For the price and the advertised things…there are still ppl who only have some budget where many better units just do not fall. This Enduro was almost there yet being modular with efficiency somewhere between Gold and Platinum.

Just because they licensed good platform and had it made at cheap factory, and also having smaller margins. Yeah I mean its difficult to compete with brands like Corsair which have so high sales they can build their own fab. But there are other rebranders which produce nothing really interesting, often close to garbage. Or good things but too expensive. Even some big manufacturers have nothing that interesting lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

C'mon are they so egotistical to want to be ALL alone in the market when they actually source their PSU's from others...
    Yes BeQuiet hasn't been around as those OEMs but those OEMs also do not care about BeQuiet nor does BeQuiet care about them as they are both operating in separate markets.

While FSP, Seasonic, & SuperFlower all have retail arms, that is not the bulk of their business. So if one little company has the majority share in one country, it's not going to bother them. Especially when they get to sell units & designs to that company.

Like wise, those same OEMs would love to be the only OEM in town. That's just business in a nutshell. You want to be at least the dominant provider in the market if not the sole provider so that you dictate the market and where it goes.

Also what you mean by "very specific taste" ?
    Germans require units that are quiet, have multiple 12v rails, and adhere to a certain quality standard as far as DC output & build quality are concerned.

Germany actually has the highest number of reputable PSU reviewers at the moment, compared to any other single country. They are most likely on par with the English speaking side of things. Which in turn gives them a decently well informed consumer base.