Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handbrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
    2.6-3.3GHz. They're 8 core Sandy Bridge chips, so they definitely take some power compared to the newer ones, but not too bad. 115W TDP. My EVGA T2 850W is handling them fine, along with an MSI 290X.

Enough of a difference in power to be a big deal for Facebook, though. Mine are C1 (SR0H8) stepping, so no VT-D support, but I don't really need it.
    That's not bad at all. My 5960x draws about 450w by itself when under load. (After mobo losses etc). Overclocking really isn't the best thing: p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ridgid13579 View Post
    That's not bad at all. My 5960x draws about 450w by itself when under load. (After mobo losses etc). Overclocking really isn't the best thing: p
    Uh... 150W I can accept, but 450 would literally melt the thing in under 10 seconds... I don't think you could go that high even under LN2, because the effective surface area available for cooling won't allow for that much heat flux with "ordinary" materials. And I mean the chip's surface, not the heatspreader.
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McSteel View Post
    Uh... 150W I can accept, but 450 would literally melt the thing in under 10 seconds... I don't think you could go that high even under LN2, because the effective surface area available for cooling won't allow for that much heat flux with "ordinary" materials. And I mean the chip's surface, not the heatspreader.
    Not 450. 250w peaks. wasn't paying attention. I should really go to bed
    Last edited by ridgid13579; 07-07-2016 at 12:57 AM.