Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Forays Into Enthusiast PSUs with New Xtreme Gaming Line

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default GIGABYTE Forays Into Enthusiast PSUs with New Xtreme Gaming Line

http://www.techpowerup.com/222917/gi...me-gaming-line

GIGABYTE is making a serious push into high-end gaming PC power supplies (PSUs), with its new Xtreme Gaming line. The company has, in the past, sold entry-thru-mid-range PSUs. The company showed off its first Xtreme Gaming PSU model, the XP1200M. This 1200W PSU features fully modular cabling, 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, an all-Japanese capacitor design, a single +12V rail, DC-to-DC switching, and a 140 mm double ball-bearing fan that stays off below a load threshold. 1200W may not be the only capacity this PSU lineup will include.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:

Evilution (05-30-2016), quest for silence (05-30-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any words on their OEM Platform alongside the fan? I'll assume Superflower or CWT if they're cheapening out but this is a gamble let's hope for the best.

The cables look a bit messy for something so high end but at least they're stealth.

I like Gigabyte, true reliability when it comes to motherboards at least.
    Hopefully this won't flop like their horrible GPU coolers and fan choices imo, but I already see Double Ball Bearing (Probably ADDA to be honest) and not FDB so RIP hopes.

But to be fair, I can see them running away from PSUs just like Sapphire did, Especially now days where we have EVGA dominating with Superflower, Corsair and their brand image&broad product line dominating as well, Seasonic, Antec, FSP and Enermax, smaller companies that exist and everyone's favorite Diablotek I mean Generic PSUs .
    Last edited by Evilution; 05-30-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evilution View Post
    But to be fair, I can see them running away from PSUs just like Sapphire did, Especially now days where we have EVGA dominating with Superflower, Corsair and their brand image&broad product line dominating as well, Seasonic, Antec, FSP and Enermax, smaller companies that exist and everyone's favorite Diablotek I mean Generic PSUs .
    That's quite the run on sentence.

I'm going to guess Sirfa is the OEM, but that's just a guess.

Unfortunately, they sent Tarus to the Gigabyte suite instead of Aris so we don't have much detail beyond Gigabyte's own marketing fluff. (sorry Tarus. )
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 05-30-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    That's quite the run on sentence.

I'm going to guess Sirfa is the OEM, but that's just a guess.
    It's actually kind of funny, Sapphire is the counter part of EVGA on the AMD side of things so it's funny how it worked out for EVGA but then again it's a different time, on the other hand XFX is another EVGA counterpart for AMD and it has a nice&competitive (pricing) share in the PSU market .

I am quite harsh on gigabyte because their GPU coolers always had a terrible fan selection up until the G1 series for the most part*, what if they keep making this choice on their PSUs , and I'm not sure how could they compete with EVGA's or Corsair's image, Gigabyte has a good image but could it go beyond Motherboards and GPUs?
    *And then you see stuff like this :/ http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=15086.0 or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4oHVrRX8c oh gigabyte when will you fix these crappy fans.

So yeah I'm worried about how they'll price these when the market is full of great choices with affordability and how good would the unit be overall (I'm looking at you, fan choice), Only reviews will tell.
    Last edited by Evilution; 05-30-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I'd guess CWT. Sirfa is possible, Super Flower I'd rule out already.Super Flower stopped all OEM work except EVGA.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Philipus II For This Useful Post:

-The_Mask- (05-30-2016), Evilution (05-30-2016), quest for silence (05-31-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

I suppose it could be CWT. It does have 0.3A on the -12V And 2.5A on the +5VSB after all. Also, Gigabyte has used CWT in the past.

The reason I suspected otherwise is the white writing on the DC cables (unless Gigabyte used their own cable source) and the vent on the front of the housing. Also, the S/N sticker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

It should be CWT (like in their other newest lines, the GP G-H and B-H series), though they don't currently have any 80+ Platinum, 1200W platform except Corsair's work in the HX12000i - so the design CWT used in there could be a surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I will visit their suite in a couple of days from now; will try to learn more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I can confirm it's not Highpower/Sirfa. Don't ask me how I know but I know for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, they're getting back in the game. I remember their Odin series from a while back, quite a few people around here bought those.

Rig 1: Core i5 6600K - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC2666 RAM - MSI GeForce GTX1070 - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD - Corsair RM550x - Fractal Design R5 - Win10 64

Rig 2: Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9 GHz - Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 - Corsair LPX 16GB PC3200 RAM - Gigabyte GeForce 1070 - 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Corsair RM650i - Win10 64
    HTPC: AMD A6-6400k - MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 mITX - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz - 3.5TB storage - Silver Power 460W passive - CM Elite 120