Thread: What is up with Seasonics piss poor quality control? Snow Silent hell here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What is up with Seasonics piss poor quality control? Snow Silent hell here

So i'm building a custom ASUS ROG colored theme rig and I decided I REALLY like the look of the sexy white Snow Silence PSU that Seasonic launched last year. On top of that, I was not happy with my Corsaor AX860 having to be replaced TWICE and looking back on it now, i'm willing to bet all 4 of my 980/ 980Ti cards were suffering from coil whine due to Corsairs crap quality. I figured I ditch the Corsair and get a lovely new Seasonic PSU i've heard so much about over the years and the Snow Silent would go with my cases color them perfect with new white cabling from Bit Fenix.

PLus, Johnnys review on the Snow Silent models made me really want one along with other reviews, so I ponied up the cash and got one via Amazon Prime.

So all excited, I get my sexy new 750watt Snow Silent last week from Amazon and my heart fell. Out of the box and box, the PSU had scratchs along the sides and bottom of PSU casing and the paint quality was poor. The white paint was uneven all around the PSU, I could easily see the dark black/gray metal or primer in a decent bright light. It also had small bubbles in the paint in random spots. WTF?

On top of that, the edges had missing paint and chips on the metal.

I didn't even bother wasting time to fire it up, I got Amazon on chat and they overnighted me their last one in stock and im a week behind getting my new rig up and running already. I get home today and I another amazon box awaits me. I rush to unbox and immediately feel better seeing that the white paint job looks good and even all around.

Until I rotate the PSU and I find that part of the chrome decal on the side of the PSU is missing entirely and I have this ugly black line instead.

What the hell Seasonic? I sold my Corsair PSU at a loss to get one of your wonderful rated and praised PSU's and this is the type of quality control I can expect? It takes me an hour to take apart my system to redo the cabling to take out and put back in a PSU for my cube case. I'm really pissed and dissapointed already into my first Seasonic ownership. Amazon won't have any in stock until fucking NEXT week and I honestly don't know if I wanna bother for a 3rd unit to get my rig finished for a big LAN party and contest coming up in early July. This case build is gonna be seen by hundreds of people and likely lots of photos taken to be posted on line, I want the quality to be near perfect for the parts and im not getting that from Seasonic at all.

Maybe I should have gone with EVGA's G2 super flower after all, getting white PSU to go with build color scheme is not worth this shit...
    Last edited by Arct1c0n; 06-22-2016 at 01:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I'm really sorry to read your story.
    It's unusual that two PSU in a row have such problem. May I ask you to send me by PM, the serial number of these PSU's please? Maybe you have also some pictures to provide me.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PM sent