Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Need help to choose a new PSU ^^

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    For the price, they are not that bad.

    At least they arent power overated.

    For lower end systems they are OK units.

    i5 + gtx 960...i dont see a problem, as it will only require about 200-250W.

    But If you can, get a better PSU.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Well, warranty in your country is one thing, but you can always RMA with the manufacturer the rest of the warranty period

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delter View Post
    For the price, they are not that bad.

    At least they arent power overated.

    For lower end systems they are OK units.

    i5 + gtx 960...i dont see a problem, as it will only require about 200-250W.

    But If you can, get a better PSU.
    And how to measure the 12V correctly? I have a clamp meter too.


    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    Not crappy, just mediocre.

    ETL450AWT-M is the Triathlor ECO.


    Oh a fifth.

    You sure?
    Yea, it's 220V w/ Active PFC
    http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=e...&lv1=42&no=150

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RihRih View Post
    And how to measure the 12V correctly? I have a clamp meter too.

    Yea, it's 220V w/ Active PFC
    http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=e...&lv1=42&no=150
    If your system is stable, you dont need to worry.

    As said, they are not the best but you dont have a clock-bomb.

    But if you can...get a better PSU.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Thanks, and which one to choose from that list in the first post?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    270
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    evga 550 G2

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    499
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RihRih View Post
    *Corsair RM750(i)(x) Gold 5 years warranty
    Actually... Was 7 year warranty and is now 10.

    Can you provide a link to where it says "5 year warranty" so I can have it fixed?

    Thanks!

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Actually... Was 7 year warranty and is now 10.
    Was the change recent?
    Because I'd ordered/received a RM650x earlier this month but it still had the 7 year badge on the box. Then again, it seem that my sample is from mid-Dec 2015 (first four number of S/N is 1551).

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Actually... Was 7 year warranty and is now 10.

    Can you provide a link to where it says "5 year warranty" so I can have it fixed?

    Thanks!
    Are you saying RMi have now 10y warranty?

    And RMx?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,489
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    499
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwan456 View Post
    Was the change recent?
    Because I'd ordered/received a RM650x earlier this month but it still had the 7 year badge on the box. Then again, it seem that my sample is from mid-Dec 2015 (first four number of S/N is 1551).
    Yes. The change is recent... and retroactive, so you now have a 10 year warranty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delter View Post
    Are you saying RMi have now 10y warranty?

    And RMx?
    RMi, RMx, HXi and AXi now have a 10 year warranty.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    Orion (03-24-2016)

Similar Threads

  1. What Would you choose, if you had to !
    By Snipwow in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-24-2017, 01:10 AM
  2. Help me choose a ups
    By Kes in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-26-2015, 05:09 AM
  3. Help me choose
    By moreempty in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
  4. Help to choose PSU
    By sijoune in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
  5. What PSU to choose for my needs?
    By sata in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 12:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •