Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete Review Methodology

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Only 600W? No way. The SunMoon's can test at least 30A per channel. Matt's has 8 channels. Mine has 10.
    Yes, I've seen some only capable of outputting 600W crossloaded which alarmed me, so I had to ask.
    Fans of what? The load tester? The SunMoon uses a 120MM. This is blowing the hot air into the duct that's fed back into the case used for the "hot box" tests.
    Yes as stated, the load tester. Who makes the exhaust fan on it is what I asked?
    What are you asking?
    Nevermind
    Input voltage is American standard.
    Ditto and thus it only concerns anything sold/used over there.
    If a company claims a PSU has 80% efficiency, but that's at 230V, and the PSU has only 78% efficiency at 110V, guess what? Not my problem.
    Yes thats true. But if a company mentions how the testing took place in the technical documents (say 230V which many are) then that means the testings at 110V do not apply to the rest of the world, simply put. Our usage results in the EU may well be much better as indicated and tested by the mfg and it couldn't matter less to the rest of the world who uses 200VAC+ how the component will fair under half the VAC input frankly, just like its not your problem if they mess up under your input VAC/frequency. I do however believe that they should make it clear in the disclosed advertising under what conditions and inputs it was tested, or users like myself are being duped with fud when we go over back home to states.
    The American input 110VAC at 60Hz results only apply for Americans and Japs. Even the frequency of the AC is different in most parts of the Western world.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    You stated in the review method writeup (link) you provided that the Ultra X2 550W was unevenly loaded at 30A on the 12V alone by LegitReviews, and thats why its showed a big drop beyond the ATX12 spec on the 12V. I stated that they all went through the same testing but only the worst units out of them seem to have fallen at that uneven load.
    Then I asked, does the ATI X1900 crossfire setup really load it to 30Ax12V (360W)?

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

China/Taiwan use 110VAC 60Hz as well.

AFAIK, Japan actually uses 100V.

As for who makes the fan... I don't remember.

As for Legit, the machine they were using could most certianly put that kind of load on a power supply. I would say a 550W or less would be insufficient for that rig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    China/Taiwan use 110VAC 60Hz as well.

AFAIK, Japan actually uses 100V.
    Oh heck, there's many of them that I missed Shall we see the complete version? Might aswell for reference.

Electrical Socket Outputs:

As for Legit, the machine they were using could most certianly put that kind of load on a power supply. I would say a 550W or less would be insufficient for that rig.
    You know there's may users who say so otherwise, right? Even on this board I recall at least 2 different users who mention that they can run it with 400W PSUs... which means someones wrong.

Personally I've ran a SeaSonic S12 650W with the XFX8800 SLI perfectly but moved it to the Galaxy after that as I didn't think it's suited nor will cope well at all after some more continuous usage.
    Kinda like the scenario of Michael Johnson running the 3000m. He'll probably fly and break records for the first 800mm and then trip and fall over himself and not even reach the finish line due to fatigue!!

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kab View Post
    Oh heck, there's many of them that I missed Shall we see the complete version? Might aswell for reference.

Electrical Socket Outputs:

From http://www.jonnyguru.com/links.php you can find http://kropla.com/electric2.htm which is cool because it actually has the plug type.

You know there's may users who say so otherwise, right? Even on this board I recall at least 2 different users who mention that they can run it with 400W PSUs... which means someones wrong.
    Yes. I think burbeista might be one of them.

I know a lot of people go over board with PSU's. One 8800GTX and a couple hard drive doesn't need a 700W PSU, but the Legit rig was two X1900's and a Prescott. I think the Prescott alone might warrant the bigger PSU.

Personally I've ran a SeaSonic S12 650W with the XFX8800 SLI perfectly but moved it to the Galaxy after that as I didn't think it's suited nor will cope well at all after some more continuous usage.
    Kinda like the scenario of Michael Johnson running the 3000m. He'll probably fly and break records for the first 800mm and then trip and fall over himself and not even reach the finish line due to fatigue!!
    I would say with the 650W, yes.. it would work, but you were probably really stressing that poor thing out.