Thread: Accessing hidden internet info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Accessing hidden internet info.

hi Any way I can get a full list of my browser cache and google cache, and autocompletes, and any other hidden info, before it gets deleted or overwritten?

I would like to access these and see what is there, perhaps just going to the entry, and seeing previous searches, instead of typing in all the time (most of the time I just type a few words into the browser bar and it comes up, but I would like to view the lot)

Seems odd you can't do this easily, unless I am missing something.

I run firefox, and yes I do also have google desktop.
    Last edited by ianm2; 02-22-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianm2 View Post
    hi Any way I can get a full list of my browser cache and google cache, and autocompletes, and any other hidden info, before it gets deleted or overwritten?

I would like to access these and see what is there, perhaps just going to the entry, and seeing previous searches, instead of typing in all the time (most of the time I just type a few words into the browser bar and it comes up, but I would like to view the lot)

Seems odd you can't do this easily, unless I am missing something.

I run firefox, and yes I do also have google desktop.
    Well I'm not sure how much seeing the cache content will help but I'll try to help with FF.

Start FF
    In the adress bar type
    about:cache
    and hit enter.
    You'll see the path to caches and a list cache entries link for both item. Hope that's what you were looking (at least partially).

BTW, everybody who use FF should update. The update is small (<1 MB) and is available for both 1.5.x and 2.x versions of the browser. If you didn't get the update notice (auto updates disabled) use Help/Check for Updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ianm2 View Post
    I would like to access these and see what is there, perhaps just going to the entry, and seeing previous searches, instead of typing in all the time (most of the time I just type a few words into the browser bar and it comes up, but I would like to view the lot).
    I use a great FF extension called 'Form History Manager' that gives you access to the auto complete data and in fact and thing that goes into typed into a web page.
    Cant live without it any more and its ability to import and export the data.

http://www.radebatz.net/mano/mozilla...s/formhistory/