Thread: LEPA N350-SB and Antec BP350?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default LEPA N350-SB and Antec BP350?

These are two very inexpensively priced 350W units in Canada. Has anyone ever tested/had an experience with any of these power supplies? I'm going to be building a "budget" office computer (i5 and 8GB of RAM hence the quotes) for a client of mine and I was wondering if any of these PSUs would cut it.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The Lepa N***-SB units are very old and poor YueLin designs. You can see the "600w" version reviewed by HardOCP, and gather a similar thought on how the 350w would perform as they are the same platform.
    I would avoid that unit at all costs. It's a hot garbage.

As for the Antec BP350, I assume you mean the BP350P which is an old FSP GLN-60 based unit. While it's nothing fantastic, even for the time it came out, it's at least somewhat reliable and nothing awful. You can see a review of it's bigger brother the BP500U by HardwareSecrets.
    While the 350w unit should perform a bit better, as the load in a modern system won't put such a strain on the 5v rail, it's still only acceptable in terms of performance.

I'm not sure how limited your budget is; but I may suggest at least giving the power supply a bit more consideration and going with something like the Corsair CX430M? It's an all around better performing unit, built a bit better than those old FSP guys. Like wise, it's a touch more on the modern side with a better efficiency curve, better 12v current distribution, will be a tad quieter, and has an extra year in warranty length. General electrical performance is also better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    The Lepa N***-SB units are very old and poor YueLin designs. You can see the "600w" version reviewed by HardOCP, and gather a similar thought on how the 350w would perform as they are the same platform.
    I would avoid that unit at all costs. It's a hot garbage.

As for the Antec BP350, I assume you mean the BP350P which is an old FSP GLN-60 based unit. While it's nothing fantastic, even for the time it came out, it's at least somewhat reliable and nothing awful. You can see a review of it's bigger brother the BP500U by HardwareSecrets.
    While the 350w unit should perform a bit better, as the load in a modern system won't put such a strain on the 5v rail, it's still only acceptable in terms of performance.

I'm not sure how limited your budget is; but I may suggest at least giving the power supply a bit more consideration and going with something like the Corsair CX430M? It's an all around better performing unit, built a bit better than those old FSP guys. Like wise, it's a touch more on the modern side with a better efficiency curve, better 12v current distribution, will be a tad quieter, and has an extra year in warranty length. General electrical performance is also better.
    I need to make it as cheap as possible without buying any crap components. Any Corsair power supply is wickedly overpriced in Canada, sadly. If there's anything else you can recommend in this PC Part Picker list that organizes power supplies from lowest to highest price, that would be appreciated: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/parts/pow...sort=a9&page=1

I was previously looking at the 400W EVGA White which I've generally had a good experience with but it seems quite expensive at the moment.

Please make sure any prices aren't from Vuugo or ShopRBC, they don't have any "free shipping over X amount" offers. Thanks!

quest for silence is offline Silencer & heathen relic of a human (™ by OW)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cosmopath View Post
    These are two very inexpensively priced 350W units in Canada. Has anyone ever tested/had an experience with any of these power supplies? I'm going to be building a "budget" office computer (i5 and 8GB of RAM hence the quotes) for a client of mine and I was wondering if any of these PSUs would cut it.
    The Lepa is sort of a shit ton of shit, I'd avoid it at any cost.

Broadly speaking, even if Canada has some nasty prices for IT parts, I won't save (to say) 10 bucks over the PSU after spending 200+ bucks for a Core i5.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/...w#.ViOhWiumFso

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16817438015
    Best, Luca

5. The Following User Says Thank You to quest for silence For This Useful Post:

Jon Gerow (10-18-2015)