Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SilentiumPC Vero M1 600W Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Arrow SilentiumPC Vero M1 600W Review

We've only seen one unit from SilentiumPC thus far, and it was a pretty decent performing 550W unit. Now, we're looking at another one, the Vero M1 600 watt model. This one is 230V only, intended for the budget single GPU crowd in the European market. Let's see if it's worthy of its place alongside the Supremo M1 we tested earlier.
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=437

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oklahoma Wolf For This Useful Post:

-The_Mask- (07-21-2015), ehume (07-21-2015), Orion (07-20-2015), quest for silence (07-21-2015), sith'ari (07-20-2015), Tator Tot (07-20-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Let me go to the next page, and... uh-oh. There's a Chieftec built by Delta here for 209 Zloty. Thermaltake, Xigmatek, and Zalman for 219. Heck, Silentium's own Deus G1 is still cheaper than this one. Now, I don't know what Silentium is using in that one, but it's already 80 Plus Bronze. I'm going to put out a 5 here. That Delta built Chieftec unit really kills the value here.
    Do you mean the Chieftec GPS-600A8? Because that's CWT (GPM), not Delta.
    The most popular PSU in that price range is Thermaltake Smart SE 530W; group regulated, modular and 230V-only CWT GPM with 3y warranty. It wouldn't be able to compete with Vero if you actually needed these 600 Watts though, and it does have worse capacitors as well.

Although, there are a few Capxon polymers to be found in the unit, too. Here, you can also see the third filter coil that in this unit tells us it has independent regulation of all three rails. That's how come the unit stayed so stable in the crossload tests.
    Since the unit gets its +12V from the LLC resonant converter (and therefore doesn't need a dedicated coil) then this small coil doesn't actually do much, right? Seems like the wire simply goes thru it, and doesn't loop around the core.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:

Oklahoma Wolf (07-20-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A pity. If Sama had spent a few more bucks (cents?) refining the design so that the failed 12V Schottky was either cooled better, or simply used a part rated for higher temps, the issues with the supervisor IC wouldn't have been issues.

Hopefully Silentium and Sama learn from this and use it as an opportunity to improve their products going forward. Because let's face it, there are far worse products you can spend your money on (*cough* Hercules *cough*).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here in Poland we do not really buy them so much, because we know this is not designed by Polish ppl, nor its manufactured in here, does that make any sense ?
    I would rather go for - tweak that PC setup a bit cheaper, and than buy an XFX Core Edition Pro 550W for 277 PLN ? its like drop that crappy Razer keyboard/mouse and check this A4tech Bloody out!
    Intel Core i5 8400, Zalman CNPS10X Performa, MSI Z370-A PRO, GOODRAM IRDM 2x8GB 2400, Gigabyte Radeon RX580 AORUS 8GB, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Edifier R1010BT, Corsair RM550x, LiteON iHAS 124, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, MODECOM Volcano Lanparty Outemu Blue, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Silencio 452, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Intel 540s 240GB, WD Purple WD30PURX 3TB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here in Poland we do not really buy them so much, because we know this is not designed by Polish ppl, nor its manufactured in here, does that make any sense ?
    Not really, since you could say the same about every PSU on the market. Deus M1 was unpopular because of its failure at overclock.pl. Supremo M1 is quite common recommendation in its price range.

I would rather go for - tweak that PC setup a bit cheaper, and than buy an XFX Core Edition Pro 550W for 277 PLN ?
    XFX Core 550W isn't very attractive option for that price. You could have instead:
    Thermaltake Smart SE 630W (modular, more powerful)
    Cooler Master G550M (DC-DC, modular)
    Antec VPF 550 (DC-DC)
    be-quiet! L8 500W (quieter)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafal_iB_PL View Post
    Not really, since you could say the same about every PSU on the market. Deus M1 was unpopular because of its failure at overclock.pl. Supremo M1 is quite common recommendation in its price range.

XFX Core 550W isn't very attractive option for that price. You could have instead:
    Thermaltake Smart SE 630W (modular, more powerful)
    Cooler Master G550M (DC-DC, modular)
    Antec VPF 550 (DC-DC)
    be-quiet! L8 500W (quieter)
    I meant SilentumPC whole range of products

and XFX was just my random pick, not everyones favourite in particular

about your pick what i would say is:
    thermaltake - DOA mostly, and I had a 600W PSU from CWT factory that barely meet ATX specs after 1,5 yr when pushed to 50% of power draw

Cooler Master - way pricier that's > 319PLN but good quality (just a guess i had only one of them)
    Antec VPF 550 - im not touching a company that its service work is mostly making an excuse and then pack your stuff back with whole range of different color of modular cables and a broken main ATX plug - for me paying so much for a 5yr warranty that doesn't work - automatic black list
    be-quiet! L8 500W - I have heard a good things about them but just lately - back in time they were way overpriced and now, they sell 100W less for 20PLN less still not the best value for moneys
    Intel Core i5 8400, Zalman CNPS10X Performa, MSI Z370-A PRO, GOODRAM IRDM 2x8GB 2400, Gigabyte Radeon RX580 AORUS 8GB, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Edifier R1010BT, Corsair RM550x, LiteON iHAS 124, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, MODECOM Volcano Lanparty Outemu Blue, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Silencio 452, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Intel 540s 240GB, WD Purple WD30PURX 3TB

quest for silence is offline Silencer & heathen relic of a human (™ by OW)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raider0001 View Post
    thermaltake - DOA mostly
    Do you really know what "mostly" means? If you purposedly pick that word, that's a bullshit/FUD spreading.
    Best, Luca

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I like these LLC + dual mag-amp designs for indy regulation for low-end PSU's. Perfect for good performance for a really low price. No more double forward with group regulation!

It's a shame that Sama didn't use a better supervisor IC and a higher rated 12V rectifier, then it was imo a perfect low-end PSU.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raider0001 View Post
    I meant SilentumPC whole range of products

and XFX was just my random pick, not everyones favourite in particular

about your pick what i would say is:
    thermaltake - DOA mostly, and I had a 600W PSU from CWT factory that barely meet ATX specs after 1,5 yr when pushed to 50% of power draw

Cooler Master - way pricier that's > 319PLN but good quality (just a guess i had only one of them)
    Antec VPF 550 - im not touching a company that its service work is mostly making an excuse and then pack your stuff back with whole range of different color of modular cables and a broken main ATX plug - for me paying so much for a 5yr warranty that doesn't work - automatic black list
    be-quiet! L8 500W - I have heard a good things about them but just lately - back in time they were way overpriced and now, they sell 100W less for 20PLN less still not the best value for moneys
    You might want to check out the G650M review here .. The cap selection is pretty shocking.
    I think you're better off with the core 550 which is made by Seasonic I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quest for silence View Post
    Do you really know what "mostly" means? If you purposedly pick that word, that's a bullshit/FUD spreading.
    oh yeah sorry for that I`m too lazy to think much lately, replace it with: My brother had one DOA - he unpacked it himself brand new - nothing was loose in it if u shake it, so I suppose there were more of them in series unchecked