Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antec HCP-1300 Platinum Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Arrow Antec HCP-1300 Platinum Review

Back when I first reviewed the brand new Antec HCP Platinum line of units, all that was available to me was the 850 watt model. Which, I might add, completely obliterated the competition with its outstanding performance. Afterwards, my readers had only one question: when would I review the 1300 watt model. Good peoples of the Internet, the day has arrived.
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=374

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oklahoma Wolf For This Useful Post:

3DVagabond (03-20-2014), ehume (03-19-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

Interesting that half the reviews on Newegg are "died after one (or two) days" and that it's listed as "not available" as opposed to "not in stock".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Wow. I could power all the computers in my house with this one PSU -- and have capacity for more.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Interesting that half the reviews on Newegg are "died after one (or two) days" and that it's listed as "not available" as opposed to "not in stock".
    I have sent an email to USA asking for the stock/availability issue. Maybe sold out for months for mining rigs, so newegg is pissed, though everyone with a kW PSU could at present auction it so high is the demand. Even for Corsair, right?

For the newegg reviews, Jon, I think you are aware that there is a lot of BS going on, especially those "verified owners", who paste the identical comments on the entire product range of a company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even I don`t buy that this one is so fragile. I like Antec PSU`s but 1 thing: their service do not remove loud coil whine in my country so I can`t own any ever.
    ps There are shops listing like VP-PC 500W as the only one in stock
    Intel Core i5 8400, Zalman CNPS10X Performa, MSI Z370-A PRO, GOODRAM IRDM 2x8GB 2400, Gigabyte Radeon RX580 AORUS 8GB, Sound BlasterX AE-5, Edifier R1010BT, Corsair RM550x, LiteON iHAS 124, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, MODECOM Volcano Lanparty Outemu Blue, Logitech G203 Prodigy, Cooler Master Silencio 452, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Intel 540s 240GB, WD Purple WD30PURX 3TB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just ordered some thermal adhesive. Hoping to get this bad boy up and running again soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    I have sent an email to USA asking for the stock/availability issue. Maybe sold out for months for mining rigs, so newegg is pissed, though everyone with a kW PSU could at present auction it so high is the demand. Even for Corsair, right?
    Yeah. I think Corsair is completely out of AX1200i's. But I don't know the numbers since that's not part of my job.

For the newegg reviews, Jon, I think you are aware that there is a lot of BS going on, especially those "verified owners", who paste the identical comments on the entire product range of a company.
    True. But it's still an unusually high ratio for such a low number of reviews. There's some sort of Antec-haters club out there or something that are doing it out of spite. Delta isn't known for making crap. It's essentially a server PSU. I agree that they shouldn't be dying left and right, so I don't tend to believe the reviews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An air drop is on the way next week to USA to fill the stocks. Like you, we are out at present. It is really like a Goldrush in Klondike.

For the RMA claim, there is no issue.

The only issue all PSU companies have is meeting kW demand due to mining rigs. We have one very "3rd world" country gone from 2 units a month to 250. They sell more HCPPs than other PSUs from us :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It is really like a Goldrush in Klondike.
    I've had more than a few miners telling me they want me to let them know the second the big ones go up for sale. At this point, I could probably even make money off the 1500W on the shelf with ripple problems, that's how high the demand is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
    I've had more than a few miners telling me they want me to let them know the second the big ones go up for sale. At this point, I could probably even make money off the 1500W on the shelf with ripple problems, that's how high the demand is.
    Try selling it and see -- with full disclosure.
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold