Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antec Announces New Digital PSU, Enhances Edge And EarthWatts Series At Computex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Antec Announces New Digital PSU, Enhances Edge And EarthWatts Series At Computex

Antec announced at Computex 2015 the development of a new digital power supply series called the High Current Pro Platinum GRID (HCPP GRID), and we had the opportunity to get a closer look at the 1250W prototype in the company's booth. This is a fully digital and fully modular PSU with 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency, according to Antec, and its release is scheduled in late Q4. Antec didn't provide any detail or screenshots from its software.

Antec also renamed its PSU portfolio from the EDGE series to EDGE II with the only notable difference being the change of the fan. Antec replaced the LED fan with a fan without a lighting option. In addition, the new EDGE series will be supplemented by two new models in Q3, the EDG850 and EDG1050, which are both fully modular and 80 PLUS Gold efficiency.

The EarthWatts Platinum series will be enriched with a larger capacity member in Q3 in the form of EA-750 Platinum, made by DELTA electronics, while Antec is adding the VPF Bronze into its affordable lines. One of those lines will include 80 PLUS Bronze members with capacities ranging from 350W to 650W. The VPF Bronze line will be released in Q3 and is going to replace the current VPF series, which carries the basic 80 PLUS certification.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ant...att,29251.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to -The_Mask- For This Useful Post:

sith'ari (06-09-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Antec also renamed its PSU portfolio from the EDGE series to EDGE II with the only notable difference being the change of the fan. Antec replaced the LED fan with a fan without a lighting option.
    So they also didn't like the fan?

The VPF Bronze line will be released in Q3 and is going to replace the current VPF series, which carries the basic 80 PLUS certification.
    The current VPF series is already 80PLUS Bronze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Perhaps by "current VPF series" they meant the series of 80+ Standard VP450F, VP550F and VP630F - they don't have our Bronze DC-DC VPFs in America yet. But why wait with the US release until Q3 when they already sell them here in Europe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually we changed the name from High Current Pro Platinum GRID (HCPP GRID) to Digital Titanium

VP F was replaced this summer to VPF BRONZE. Some still have VPxxxF models, while some already have VPFxxx models.

EDGE's fan was not liked by me and others. But someone who liked it left us, so ...

I am still working on getting the new EA Platinum & EDGE II ready for shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The fan quality of the Edge had a high standard deviation, I guess. At least I was not happy with my first sample, the second was ok. Still, I've seen a lot of better FDB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I remember your issue, but to remind you, we use the same FDB fan like those buccaneers :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

That one has a Corsair logo on it, so it doesn't make those weird sounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    Actually we changed the name from High Current Pro Platinum GRID (HCPP GRID) to Digital Titanium

VP F was replaced this summer to VPF BRONZE. Some still have VPxxxF models, while some already have VPFxxx models.

EDGE's fan was not liked by me and others. But someone who liked it left us, so ...

I am still working on getting the new EA Platinum & EDGE II ready for shipping.
    I reviwed the VPF450 all right and noticed this information mess myself when I was trying to fidn them in some store. So when did the VPFxx0 with 80 PLUS Bronze certactually enter market? I had the unit from last november or so I mostly only find VPxx0F 80 PLUS Bronze, I guess thats it and the sellers are confusing it?

Anyway, anything new in the <=600 W range for me to measure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

VPxx0F = 80 PLUS STANDARD
    VPFxx0 = 80 PLUS BRONZE

Availability dates of VPFxx0 vary per market depending on their VPxx0F stock back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So when they offer VPxx0F 80 PLUS Bronze, they are morons and actually mean VPFxx0? Seems I got that right

What about the new units? BTW I am working on the EA-550 Platinum ATM. Sorry for the dealy, it won't happen again, I promise (on the other hand I though I am getting one supply for like 2 months…and there were three in the box when I finally opened it )