Thread: Cougar GX 1050 v3 Internals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Cougar GX 1050 v3 Internals

Just thought I'd share, but the new GX v3 units look to be the same as AeroCool's GT Gold units (HEC TG Series.)

Nikktech posted this review today of the GX1050 v3 and the internal design looks to be the exact same as the Aerocool GT1050-SG except with the inclusion of a 2 Ball Bearing fan instead of a Sleeve Bearing (or whatever bollux name Cougar comes up with this week) fan and the changing of the primary caps to 105C NCCs instead of 85C Teapos.
    I imagine the latter change is more to do with marketing reasons than anything else. Secondary is still a mix of NCC & Teapo.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tator Tot For This Useful Post:

Cyrix (05-18-2015), quest for silence (05-18-2015), sith'ari (05-18-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    Just thought I'd share, but the new GX v3 units look to be the same as AeroCool's GT Gold units (HEC TG Series.)

Nikktech posted this review today of the GX1050 v3 and the internal design looks to be the exact same as the Aerocool GT1050-SG except with the inclusion of a 2 Ball Bearing fan instead of a Sleeve Bearing (or whatever bollux name Cougar comes up with this week) fan and the changing of the primary caps to 105C NCCs instead of 85C Teapos.
    I imagine the latter change is more to do with marketing reasons than anything else. Secondary is still a mix of NCC & Teapo.

hmm very interesting looks almost the same components,

and what is it with all these weird companies names on fans...jeez
    (nin something cheng shee bla bla bla tech co.) new ones every week.. give me an adda or yate loon fan any day

the caps are ok teapo is ok i guess they went the cheaper route , but just like delta uses ltec in many psus and still work, so they know it must work

cheapie is offline That weird furry girl they warned you about
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrix View Post
    hmm very interesting looks almost the same components,

and what is it with all these weird companies names on fans...jeez
    (nin something cheng shee bla bla bla tech co.) new ones every week.. give me an adda or yate loon fan any day

the caps are ok teapo is ok i guess they went the cheaper route , but just like delta uses ltec in many psus and still work, so they know it must work
    Hasn't Young Lin been around for a long time now? I don't know if they're any good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheapie View Post
    Hasn't Young Lin been around for a long time now? I don't know if they're any good.
    They're alright. In personal experience I'd actually place them above ADDA and maybe Yate Loon just due to product consistency.

YLTC has a ton of fans in the consumer market, just under the name of other brands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    They're alright. In personal experience I'd actually place them above ADDA and maybe Yate Loon just due to product consistency.

YLTC has a ton of fans in the consumer market, just under the name of other brands.
    I forgot to add on my original comment, young lin tech fans are ok as well, of course they are miles better than rulian science fans.

My most reliable fans are from xinruilian fans i have a 10 yr old thermaltake xaser III power supply with 2 (custom made for thermaltake in orange ball bearing) xinruilian fans and they still work perfectly with loud noise... i guess all fans are not created equal