Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Andyson N700 Titanium Review

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,084
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    540
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c_hegge View Post
    The Japanese don't (and probably won't) sell their aluminum to any of the Chinese brands.
    You are incorrect.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Emperor's Retreat/Naboo Moenia
    Posts
    869
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    Then according to your way of thinking, OklahomaWolf's way of thinking is invalid too, and then so is his revised method of reviewing and evaluating PSUs!
    -----------------
    Why can't they? Are you Greeks incapable of making quality products? Pretty sure you can - if you want to.
    Yes, i don't think that this is a valid argument (*i say again, according to my logic, even if it was stated by Jeremy, Jonny, and you. I respect all 3 of you for your expertise level at PSUs, but what you are saying about caps is just not logical.
    You would be correct, only if Japanese have started to sell their know-how to other countries as well).
    That's why, if you have noticed my last week's comments, i'm focused of asking hypothetical questions to Jonny and Jeremy regarding caps. I'm trying to reach some conclusions!!

    ------------------
    As for your other comment, 1st of all, i just picked my country for example. I could have picked any other small European country.
    2nd, the question what the Greeks are capable to produce or not, it will lead to a long political, -and offtopic-, discussion, so we better skip it, since most of my people are mad with the politicians that ruled our country for the last decades
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by c hegge
    The Japanese don't (and probably won't) sell their aluminum to any of the Chinese brands. As a result, they are stuck using inferior materials, and are thus completely incapable of making parts with the same quality. Even if LTEC's mess-up with the stolen electrolyte formula is long gone, a well-formulated electrolyte can still react with impurities in the aluminum.
    What? That makes no sense at all. Now you are suggesting the Japanese have a monopoly on aluminum. That's just silly. Do your homework! Japan does not even have aluminum as a natural resource. They have to import it all. And guess where they get most of it? China!

    You also suggest the Chinese are incapable of purifying their aluminum. More hogwash! You don't launch a human into space and safely return them without having incredibly advanced refining and manufacturing technologies.

    Who has the world's fastest supercomputer? China!

    Who has the world's fastest and largest high-speed rail network? China!



    Quote Originally Posted by sith'ari
    You would be correct, only if Japanese have started to sell their know-how to other countries as well).
    You must have blinders on. Or maybe you just refuse to open your eyes. But you seem to think only the Japanese are capable of inventing and making these parts. And the only way another country can learn the technology is for Japan to sell it to them. Your logic has you believing that only one company in one country can come up with and implement an idea. And not just that, but your logic has you believing that once that one company in one country has a product, that no other company or country will EVER be able to duplicate or improve on it.

    I don't know what to say, but you are just categorically wrong.

    I could have picked any other small European country.
    More flawed logic? What made the US a global leader in advanced technologies? It was not our size. It was the abundance of natural resources and accommodating climate - the former being things most small countries don't have. China has vast amounts of coal, iron ore, petroleum, natural gas, mercury, tin, tungsten, antimony, manganese, molybdenum, vanadium, magnetite, aluminum, lead, zinc, uranium, and more. And they almost have a monopoly on rare earth elements which will play a major role in the global economic environment in the near future.

    And finally, China is not full of a bunch of dummies.

    (*i say again, according to my logic,
    Then seriously, you need to re-evaluate your logic process. Because, it is seriously flawed, and uninformed. Consider the fact that you are saying everyone else is wrong and that you are right, and everyone else is wrong.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Digerati For This Useful Post:

    sith'ari (04-29-2015)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    224
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    35
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Just remembered this reading from a few months ago:

    KitGuru: "PSU vendors often emphasise the usage of Japanese capacitors – what makes these better than others?"


    Alvin Chan (Antec): "Japan is the leading nation for capacitor manufacturing and material technology. In addition, Japan makes the best aluminum foil in the world, but refuses to sell that foil to Taiwan or China. The reason is simple, because Japan wants to protect its own industry.

    At the same time, the quality of Japanese capacitor manufacturers is unmatched, because they are very strict when it comes to ensuring specifications are matched. You can always trust that they will deliver. In order of quality, the capacitors call into these groups: Tantalum > Solid > Japanese Electrolytic > Taiwanese Electrolytic >>>>> Chinese Electrolytic."



    KitGuru - Exclusive interview with Alvin Chan from Antec (October 2014)

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TELVM For This Useful Post:

    -The_Mask- (04-29-2015), quest for silence (04-29-2015), sith'ari (04-29-2015)

  7. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Emperor's Retreat/Naboo Moenia
    Posts
    869
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post

    You must have blinders on. Or maybe you just refuse to open your eyes. But you seem to think only the Japanese are capable of inventing and making these parts. And the only way another country can learn the technology is for Japan to sell it to them. Your logic has you believing that only one company in one country can come up with and implement an idea. And not just that, but your logic has you believing that once that one company in one country has a product, that no other company or country will EVER be able to duplicate or improve on it.

    I don't know what to say, but you are just categorically wrong.
    Listen mate, you are jumping to conclusions !!
    i never said that the Chinese are incapable of producing equal products (*i don't have the knowledge or the expertise to say something like that !! ) .
    I critisised a specific comment, that "because the Japanese factories have moved to China", that this automatically PROVES that the Chinese have the technology to produce caps of equall quality!!
    I repeat once more: what i said is that this thought is flawd. I didn't comment in general IF the Chinese can or can not produce high-quality caps. I said that this specific argument has no logical base.
    Are we clear now about what i said?
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    In addition, Japan makes the best aluminum foil in the world, but refuses to sell that foil to Taiwan or China. The reason is simple, because Japan wants to protect its own industry.
    Yeah,I don't buy it. It may have been true as recently as 10 years ago, but not today. Whatever technology China lacks, they either buy, borrow, or out right steal.

    I've watched Chinese steel rolling technology evolve over the last 30 years. Yeah, they went from being one step up from the iron age in the 80s to par with anyone in technology today. (and exceeding all in capacity)
    Basic materials science is an area in which they excel. Their business practices: copy write/patent law, environmental law,ethics, ability to maintain standards, basic innovation reward...are areas that they lack; rolling Aluminum foil is not!!

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdk777 For This Useful Post:

    ehume (04-29-2015), Jon Gerow (04-29-2015)

  10. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    16,084
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    540
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    274
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

    Default

    Agree with mdk777 here. That info might have been published a few months ago, but it's years old info.

    It's no secret that the Japanese capacitor manufacturers ARE making caps in China and it's no secret that the Japanese companies are refining their aluminum in China for Chinese customers. Google it.

  11. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sith'ari
    i never said that the Chinese are incapable of producing equal products
    You said they can't unless the Japanese sells them their know how. So yeah, you did.

    Are we clear now about what i said?
    I can read and understand what you said. You just need to say what you mean, okay mate? No conclusions to jump to. You even put it in bold underline,
    Quote Originally Posted by sith'ari
    only if Japanese have started to sell their know-how to other countries
    And yeah, that aluminum foil comment is malarkey.

    Their business practices: copy write/patent law, environmental law,ethics, ability to maintain standards, basic innovation reward...are areas that they lack; rolling Aluminum foil is not!!
    Agreed. That said, when they want to, they can create products with the highest standards, and maintain them.

  12. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Emperor's Retreat/Naboo Moenia
    Posts
    869
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    You said they can't unless the Japanese sells them their know how. So yeah, you did.

    I can read and understand what you said. You just need to say what you mean, okay mate? No conclusions to jump to. You even put it in bold underline, .
    Seriously ? !!

    Okay, since you insist to say the same, you are forcing me to re-post again my last 2 posts.
    Look them again, (*please look carefully) and tell me if i was making a general comment for the Chinese caps, or if i was criticising the idea that the Chinese can produce high-quality caps only because Japanese have moved to China !! :

    Originally Posted by sith'ari
    I'm sorry mate, but your point isn't valid according to my way of thinking.
    The fact that Japanese caps are produced by Japanese factories in China, for lower cost, doesn't automatically means than the Chinese have the technology to produce caps of equal quality!!
    It's like saying that if for example,...Microsoft has a factory in Greece (*my country), then the Greek factories will be able to produce windows just like Microsoft !!!
    &
    Originally Posted by sith'ari
    Yes, i don't think that this is a valid argument (*i say again, according to my logic, even if it was stated by Jeremy, Jonny, and you. I respect all 3 of you for your expertise level at PSUs, but what you are saying about caps is just not logical.
    You would be correct, only if Japanese have started to sell their know-how to other countries as well).
    That's why, if you have noticed my last week's comments, i'm focused of asking hypothetical questions to Jonny and Jeremy regarding caps. I'm trying to reach some conclusions!!
    And now tell me: was i talking in general, or i was just criticising a specific opinion?
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

  13. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Yeah, seriously. Since you just quoted your own words without changing them, you haven't clarified anything, except maybe in your own head. This is a technical forum discussing genuine facts. Not hypothetical scenarios that fit ONLY your exclusive "way of thinking" - which you noted is different from everybody else's.

    Read your own last quote again. You said, according to your logic, what the 3 of us said about caps is not logical. Nothing hypothetical there. You simply claimed we are wrong - again, according to you.

    Then you said, we would be correct only if Japan sold them the know-how. That is, according to your logic - not according to any hypotheticals, or basis in fact for that matter.

    So yes, you were very specific in deciding Jeremy, Jonny and me are wrong (according to your logic).

    No hypotheticals, no generalizations, no "what ifs". Here, this is what you need to say next.
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." – Robert McCloskey
    lol

    Now you can keep saying you said something else, but until you change what you said, I will have no more part in running this topic further OT.
    Last edited by Digerati; 04-29-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Fixed typos and spelling.

Similar Threads

  1. Andyson H6 800W Review
    By Oklahoma Wolf in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 04:02 AM
  2. Andyson N500 Titanium PSU Review@ Anandtech
    By sith'ari in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM
  3. review:Andyson Titanium N 700 W @ techpowerup
    By ct1615 in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-22-2015, 01:28 AM
  4. review of 3 Andyson Ultras
    By Sir_ReeL in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •