Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73

Thread: Andyson N700 Titanium Review

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,929
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

    Default

    Oh yeah... that's right... this was a thread about an Andyson PSU.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    ehume (04-29-2015)

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,126
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    What? That makes no sense at all. Now you are suggesting the Japanese have a monopoly on aluminum. That's just silly. Do your homework! Japan does not even have aluminum as a natural resource. They have to import it all. And guess where they get most of it? China!
    Having a resource and knowing how to use it are not the same thing. I have cotton and forest yet I can't make paper for currency.

    You also suggest the Chinese are incapable of purifying their aluminum. More hogwash! You don't launch a human into space and safely return them without having incredibly advanced refining and manufacturing technologies.
    So I know you don't know anything about manufacturing or refining, but this is just ridiculous. The Chinese are defined by their inability to work with alloys and produce quality refined products leading to good metallurgy. That is the sole reason why they are having such a problem in their aeronautical industry. Their metallurgy is atrocious in aluminums, in titatniums, magnesiums, lithiums, etc. Indeed, while the Chinese have stolen the IP behind just about every modern western aircraft engine (including the F-119) they are still unable to get the metallurgy and refining right for the blades, high pressure stage, and the hot stages/core. That is why their J-20 is still flying on the decrepit WS-10 which is a copy of the AL-31 (and the WS-15/20 are having serious power, emission, weight, and reliability issues). All of those engines suffer from metallurgy problems and time to overhaul problems because neither the Chinese nor the Russians are nearly as good as western countries at refining or working metals. That is a current and historical problem that plagued the Soviet Union and China with their military readiness....and it is all due to metallurgy.

    That doesn't even begin to touch the metallurgy and manufacturing problems that the ARJ21 has had with simple aluminum alloys on a product that not only did China have all of the IP for, but they literally have the McDonnell-Douglas tooling to build since MD set up the MD-90 assembly line at Jiangwan. Think about that. They were handed a design, the tooling, and they had assembled the product before but when MD left and they had to do it on their own they couldn't put together with their own locally sourced talent and materials a 50 year old design on their own.

    Which brings us to shooting someone into space and bringing them back. No, your metallurgy does not need to be good to do that as it is a simple short impulse drive, hell the North Koreans and Iranians could probably do it in a couple years. We did it 65 years ago with inferior metallurgy. The Russians have been blowing people into space and bringing back (intact most of the time except when they abandoned them or blew them up) even longer with even worse metallurgy.

    Who has the world's fastest supercomputer? China!
    Not related.

    Who has the world's fastest and largest high-speed rail network? China!
    Not related.

    You must have blinders on.
    You seem to have actually missed the blinders on your own eyes

    More flawed logic? What made the US a global leader in advanced technologies? It was not our size. It was the abundance of natural resources and accommodating climate - the former being things most small countries don't have.
    Uh, no it wasn't. What made the US a global leader in advanced technologies was a number of things including 1) not having our industrial capacity flattened in the 20th century by wars, 2) large investment in infrastructure, 3) large amounts of free capital to invest, 4) attractive social structure and immigration policies, 5) government support, and 6) during the mid 20th century emphasis on sciences in education and research. Hell, we used to buy all the rutile ore we used via shell companies from the Soviet Union because we didn't have it and we were (and are) much better at titanium metallurgy than the Russians are to this day when they sit on lots of it.

    China has vast amounts of coal, iron ore, petroleum, natural gas, mercury, tin, tungsten, antimony, manganese, molybdenum, vanadium, magnetite, aluminum, lead, zinc, uranium, and more.
    Correct, which they are using in order to leverage the market because they are incapable of making use of them as well as other people are. However, if they hold lots of it they can fed the bottom portion of the market and dump on the world market cutting out other integrated producers. They are, in essence, handicapping the whole world by hoarding and burning through products wastefully which others could be using more efficiently in other products in order to run people out of business then raise prices.

    And they almost have a monopoly on rare earth elements which will play a major role in the global economic environment in the near future.
    Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. Current production of rare earths (which aren't actually rare) and monopoly aren't the same thing. The United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Tanzania, etc all have large scale deposits and have had extraordinary production over the years. They don't currently produce in large amount because of Chinese dumping in the 1990's (this is one of those things that helps to have been around for). However, ask OPEC what happens when you keep a commodity price artificially high like China is doing with rare earths....... or don't California is actually repermiting and allowed Mountain Pass to reopen in 2012.

    And finally, China is not full of a bunch of dummies.
    No, but they have an institutionalized system which promotes IP theft and copying rather than development and that is why they are bad at development still. Until they change culturally, they won't be a world leader in these fields except by volume on the low end of the product mix where any dummy can do it.

    Then seriously, you need to re-evaluate your logic process. Because, it is seriously flawed, and uninformed. Consider the fact that you are saying everyone else is wrong and that you are right, and everyone else is wrong.
    Actually, everyone else is not wrong...but you sure are on a few things.

    The longer people ignore that something is rotten in the state of Denmark the longer China will be behind the rest of the first world in manufacturing.

    And that includes capacitors.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Having a resource and knowing how to use it are not the same thing. I have cotton and forest yet I can't make paper for currency.
    So you assume among the 1.4 billion Chinese in that country, even though they have all that aluminum laying around, and even though they have millions of citizens in universities in other countries learning advanced technologies, none know how to refine it or make something out of it? Wow!

    So I know you don't know anything about manufacturing or refining
    You do? Amazing! So you know I never studied mining, or worked 2015 feet underground in a copper mine in San Manuel, AZ, or in the smelter above. Or that I never worked in a Motorola HT radio assembly plant in Phoenix. You are pretty clever, indeed.

    Not related.
    Not related.
    ???
    No doubt China is and will remain behind in many areas. No doubt China would rather steal the IP and technologies than invest the $billions and $billions to develop it on their own. No doubt corruption is rampant and stifling many of their advances. But to stick your head in the sand and continue ignoring the HUGE advances they are making (like the ones you claim are not related), and the advances they are capable of making when determined is the attitude that will allow China to over take the rest of the world.

    It is foolish and total ignorance to assume China cannot produce quality products.

    Actually, everyone else is not wrong...but you sure are on a few things.
    Fully out of context. He was saying Jeremy, Jonny and me were wrong, but he was right - according to his way of thinking. So, are you saying OW's logic is wrong too, and that now his PSU reviews are flawed because of that also?

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Emperor's Retreat/Naboo Moenia
    Posts
    869
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,418
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    Fully out of context. He was saying Jeremy, Jonny and me were wrong, but he was right - according to his way of thinking. So, are you saying OW's logic is wrong too, and that now his PSU reviews are flawed because of that also?
    Why don't you wait to see the responses of Jeremy and Jonny then, instead of talking for them?
    I believe that you will find out that they are more willing than you, to listen to other people's arguments if the arguments have logical base !
    CPU:Athlon 64 FX60 (2-cores) 2,6GHz
    Mobo:Asrock 939a785g
    cpu cooler:ArcticFreezer13 CO
    RAM:4 GB DDR 400MHz
    GPU:Asus 750 Ti 2GB
    PSU:Seasonic Platinum 660
    Monitor:Asus VE228HR
    Tower:Coolermaster Elite 430

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Why don't you wait to see the responses of Jeremy and Jonny then, instead of talking for them?
    I believe that you will find out that they are more willing than you, to listen to other people's arguments if the arguments have logical base!
    Says the guy who already claimed their logic is wrong!

    I really am done here. Good day.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,269
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    374
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    90
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    You mean whole picture?
    Nah, there is really a hole in this Sacon.



    Not just RMA, but technical marketing is also responsible for monitoring all of the forums around the world (or, at least DE, FR, UK, US and Spanish speaking countries)
    And how many people do actually know something about capacitors and post it on the internet?
    and we see old HX, VX and TX PSUs fail out of warranty often.
    Well they're old and aren't perfect of course.

    Funny enough, since most people only know to look for failed caps, most of these people will open up the PSU (why not? It's out of warranty!), see no bad caps and say, "Gee... I have no idea why it would have failed. All of the caps look good!"
    Well of course they're all Japanese capacitors.


    So says you.
    You think Corsair has more PSU's that have a big chance of failing from bad caps inside warranty?

    If there's already a new revision of those wattages in the works for other reasons (not saying there is, but....)
    But actually you are, but you shouldn't?

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,126
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
    So you assume among the 1.4 billion Chinese in that country, even though they have all that aluminum laying around, and even though they have millions of citizens in universities in other countries learning advanced technologies, none know how to refine it or make something out of it? Wow!
    The results speak for themselves. The Chinese have serious metallurgy and refining problems much like the Russians. The numbers of people don't mean squat. We get lots of those "millions" of citizens applying for jobs here and much like the degrees granted out of other corrupt countries they are rather meaningless as the skill sets don't match their international counterparts.

    You do? Amazing! So you know I never studied mining, or worked 2015 feet underground in a copper mine in San Manuel, AZ, or in the smelter above. Or that I never worked in a Motorola HT radio assembly plant in Phoenix. You are pretty clever, indeed.
    Cleaning up debris or taking out the trash may put you employed by a company that works in a field but it doesn't mean you worked in the industry as you can do those same skill sets in other industries. Based on your lack of knowledge previously, we can only assume that any skill set you may have is unrelated to the name on the door of the company. If you would like to prove something else, then try and make your posts reflect that.


    But to stick your head in the sand and continue ignoring the HUGE advances they are making (like the ones you claim are not related), and the advances they are capable of making when determined is the attitude that will allow China to over take the rest of the world.
    Building lots of something is not an advance in anything other than organization and being willing to throw unlimited manpower at something. The Egyptians....they worked that out a few thousand years ago. So, congrats they have made it to Egyptian level of sophistication. Assembling something from someone else's IP, no one has said they can't do that on a huge scale. Of course they can, it takes no real talent.

    It is foolish and total ignorance to assume China cannot produce quality products.
    Sure they can in some areas, but it ain't in metallurgy or refining today.

    Fully out of context.
    That wasn't out of context unless you made it out of context originally. Would you like to retract the statement now in face of new evidence?

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,929
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    528
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    And how many people do actually know something about capacitors and post it on the internet?
    Very little. But my point was that IF someone is willing to open up a PSU that doesn't know much about electronics, they DO know what a swollen cap looks like. That was the point I was trying to make.

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    You think Corsair has more PSU's that have a big chance of failing from bad caps inside warranty?
    No. And that's also a point I was trying to make. When they fail out of warranty, people still communicate to Corsair and their resellers about the *possible* failures. You're in a number of forums too. How many posts have you seen of recent PSUs (2010 and newer) with failed caps?

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    But actually you are, but you shouldn't?
    Am I? I can say that Corsair is revamping the whole product line... but I'm not giving any details.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 07-17-2015 at 02:29 PM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Gerow For This Useful Post:

    ehume (05-01-2015)

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectre
    That wasn't out of context unless you made it out of context originally.
    What? The original statement was mine. Therefore the context was as I stated it. Not how you extracted, twisted, then revamped it to appease yourself.

    This is the last I will say to clarify my point.

    No longer are the Japanese parts the only good parts in the universe.
    The big Chinese names have had time now to iron the wrinkles out.

    It is total ignorance of the facts if you don't believe that. And you are ignorant if you refuse to accept it.

    Quote Originally Posted by -The_Mask- View Post
    And how many people do actually know something about capacitors and post it on the internet?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU
    Very little.
    How many actually know something about electronics or how electrons flow through a circuit? Sadly, there are many who managed to swap out a PSU or add RAM and suddenly they think they're master "technicians". It typically takes a couple years of formal classroom and on-the-job training, then certification testing and evaluations to become a real electronics technician.

  12. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    88
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    I can put some caps in the oven for half year and report

Similar Threads

  1. Andyson H6 800W Review
    By Oklahoma Wolf in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 04:02 AM
  2. Andyson N500 Titanium PSU Review@ Anandtech
    By sith'ari in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM
  3. review:Andyson Titanium N 700 W @ techpowerup
    By ct1615 in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-22-2015, 01:28 AM
  4. review of 3 Andyson Ultras
    By Sir_ReeL in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •