Thread: Dell Optiplex 320

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dell Optiplex 320

Hello everyone i recently purchased very cheaply a Dell Optiplex 320 small form factor PC it has an Intel Celeron D 2 gigs of ram 300GB hdd and integrated ATI graphics, the major problem it had was the capacitors in the motherboard in the center were blown to kingdom come, they were Chemicon's low esr grade electrolytics however they were blown , 80% of all the caps on the board are polymers (sanyo/oscon to be exact), i replaced all of the blown caps and most of the electrolytics with nichicon polymers it works well, however the power supply is the main problem, it is proprietary dell one, and im trying to find a suitable replacement, the once that came in the pc was a delta build which surprised me that delta went with such a crap bag of caps all of the caps , ltec, fuhyuuu...crapppp...and taicon's,junfu's a real crapbag of choice caps.. were blown however the main cap was anodia but was ok... i believe that the caps in the motherboard were blown due to the psu's problems, however i haven't been able to locate something that would fit in the case and be at least reliable, i saw this one but im not sure..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Genuine-...3D151629018394

any suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^
    That one would do fine.

btw, if you had Fuhjyyu or JunFu in a Delta, then some idiot has recapped it with them before. Delta was never stupid enough to use either of them. They do use LTEC, but they actually get away with it quite well.

Also, If your original caps were KZG, then that's why they failed. NCC KZG and KZJ caps are complete junk - no better than their CapXon and Fuhjyyu counterparts.
    No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the coils backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to c_hegge For This Useful Post:

Cyrix (04-09-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by c_hegge View Post
    ^
    That one would do fine.

btw, if you had Fuhjyyu or JunFu in a Delta, then some idiot has recapped it with them before. Delta was never stupid enough to use either of them. They do use LTEC, but they actually get away with it quite well.

Also, If your original caps were KZG, then that's why they failed. NCC KZG and KZJ caps are complete junk - no better than their CapXon and Fuhjyyu counterparts.
    thanks for your response, i did think of that.. delta is not dumb so how fuhjyyu or junfu got there, my initial thought someone opened it for recap, now why would someone recap with fuhyyu and junfu when there are teapos out there beats me, but the junfu and other caps have been there a while as there was a monumental amount of dust inside just in the power supply,so that is another culprit, i do know delta uses ltec's and gets away with it working ok , i suspected the caps on the motherboard were crap but left me wondering why in front of a heatsink would they use those crap caps, at least i replaced them with polymers..