Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seasonic M12II-520W loud fan -> Higher PSU needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Straight Power 10 is way better than the E9 series. The main advantage is the independant voltage regulation. Sound level is slightly lower, too. Please check your shops for the Straight Power 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still don't know if I will be able to purchase from a different retailer, will try thought.
    I had decided to buy the SuperFlower Leadex Gold 650W as quest for silence suggested because it's modular and I've read really good reviews also.

I've seen the Be Quiet Straight Power 10 600W for 5€ less.

Would it still be better that the Superflower?

quest for silence is offline Silencer & heathen relic of a human (™ by OW)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    Would it still be better that the Superflower?
    What do you mean for "better"?

The BeQuiet E10 will be probably quieter, while with reference to build quality the SuperFlower has some better capacitors (which is better for reliability) and it should be better performing (you might compare on TechPowerUp! the reviews of the E10-800 and of the Leadex Gold 750 in order to carry out some educated guessworks), even if the E10 is a solid unit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quest for silence View Post
    What do you mean for "better"?

The BeQuiet E10 will be probably quieter, while with reference to build quality the SuperFlower has some better capacitors (which is better for reliability) and it should be better performing (you might compare on TechPowerUp! the reviews of the E10-800 and of the Leadex Gold 750 in order to carry out some educated guessworks), even if the E10 is a solid unit.
    I prefer better build quality, noise doesn't matter as long as it doesn't reach 45dB under load, and according to what I've read it doesn't and even less for the max load I will have.

I have been comparing the reviews, but Philipus II mention to independent voltage regulation got me lost. It has to do with multiple 12v rails, right? http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3990

I've found a lot of info regarding whether it's or not worth it. Lot of people advice that unless it has enough rails to set the OCP to less than 40A it isn't because by the time the breaker trips all your components are already fried or their protections have tripped off.
    That's what I've read, I'm no expert in this area.

quest for silence is offline Silencer & heathen relic of a human (™ by OW)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinket View Post
    I have been comparing the reviews, but Philipus II mention to independent voltage regulation got me lost. It has to do with multiple 12v rails, right?
    No, it doesn't: give a read here (quick scan for "group regulation"): http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...king/psu/160/5

If I'm not wrong, Philip told you that as the old E9 is group regulated, while the new E10 is independent regulated, you'd better to look for an E10 than paying 96 euros for an E9 (because the E10 is more advanced and more performing).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Technically speaking, DC-DC isn't fully "independent" regulation, since load on minor rails affects +12V too. Still, effect is not huge, and certainly nowhere near crossload swings in most group regulated units.

Long story short, E10 has superior voltage stability vs E9.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quest for silence View Post
    No, it doesn't: give a read here (quick scan for "group regulation"): http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...king/psu/160/5

If I'm not wrong, Philip told you that as the old E9 is group regulated, while the new E10 is independent regulated, you'd better to look for an E10 than paying 96 euros for an E9 (because the E10 is more advanced and more performing).
    Oh, my mistake, I found out about the multiple 12V rails and got carried away!
    Thank a lot for the info, will probably end up reading everything in the guide as it seems pretty well explained.

Quote Originally Posted by rafal_iB_PL View Post
    Technically speaking, DC-DC isn't fully "independent" regulation, since load on minor rails affects +12V too. Still, effect is not huge, and certainly nowhere near crossload swings in most group regulated units.

Long story short, E10 has superior voltage stability vs E9.
    I think I got your point with the help of the guide quest for silence linked. If I understand correctly, being that with DC-DC you just convert the 12V rail into the 5V and the 3.3V, any change in the first one add to the others and the other way around, is that right?

Sorry if all this is a little out of topic, but with all this info you've picked my curiosity...

PD: I've settled my mind on the Leadex Gold 650W, so thank you a lot for your advice on that matter quest for silence