Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New gaming mouse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New gaming mouse.

What's good and affordable these days? My G5 is getting a little twitchy. Wireless is fine, as long as it doesn't lag. I'd use my Logitech m705 that I got for my laptop, if not for the off-center sensor throwing things off in FPS-type games.

-Adam
    System 1: Core i5-4670K | Z97-Pro Gamer | RX480 GTR | 4*4GB PC3-17000 | 120GB EVO 850 | 2TB Caviar Black |2TB Spinpoint F4 | Raidmax Zeta | Corsair 550VX
    Portable Thingie: HP Pavillion G7-2320DX
    Be the census taker... I'm hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guys? Is this thing on?

-Adam
    System 1: Core i5-4670K | Z97-Pro Gamer | RX480 GTR | 4*4GB PC3-17000 | 120GB EVO 850 | 2TB Caviar Black |2TB Spinpoint F4 | Raidmax Zeta | Corsair 550VX
    Portable Thingie: HP Pavillion G7-2320DX
    Be the census taker... I'm hungry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Mouse selection is so subjective. I don't think I'm making my next mouse choice until I put my hands on a number of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Mouse selection is so subjective. I don't think I'm making my next mouse choice until I put my hands on a number of them.
    JG is spot on. You need to get your actual hand on a few. Find ones with a comfortable shape, and then pick from the ones that actually fit your actual hand.

Avoid razor, because build quality.
    Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
    I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

I actually have a Razer Imperator now and my wife has the Razer Tron mouse and I use a Razer Orochi for my laptop. Never had any problems.

I think Razer's reputation for crap product comes from the fact that they sell MILLIONS and their support sucks (read: non-existant). But I don't think their product is any worse than anyone elses. Like power supplies, they're almost all made in the same five factories in China.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Razer mice also tend to be lighter and made of glossy plastics. So after being used for awhile they can look and feel cheap.

For awhile now I've stuck with Logitech and the G5, G500, & G500s mice due to shape / size (i have big hands, so little mice are not comfortable) and the customer service from Logitech.
    I had my G500 replaced 3 days out of warranty due to a frayed cable which I was willing to pay for myself.

I would definitely say make sure the mouse you get is from a company with a good reputation regarding their support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    Razer mice also tend to be lighter and made of glossy plastics. So after being used for awhile they can look and feel cheap.
    All three mice I mentioned above are primarily matte. Particularly in the palm section.

Now.. their keyboards, on the other hand, are way too glossy and look like hell after no time at all. I have a Black Widow, Black Widow Pro and Tron keyboard and don't use any of them anymore. Everything has been replaced with K70's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Most of Razer's mice are now matte or have rubberized surfaces. Previously though, their two most popular mice (Deathadder & Naga) had glossy bodies, which was a trend that lasted up until the last two years.

Another reason for a lot of bad PR a few years back was the use of the Philips Twin Eye PLN2032 sensor (it's what all of their 5600 DPI mice used), as it had a design defect where upon lifting the mouse it would cause your sensor to jump to the lower right hand side of the screen.

I personally used a PLN2032 sensor mouse for awhile (Orochi) and it didn't bother me in the slightest, as I was gaming with the DPI turned up and thus I didn't need to pick the mouse up ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Yeah. I was always told about that problem, but never experienced it myself.

cheapie is offline That weird furry girl they warned you about
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whenever I get a mouse, it MUST be wired, PS/2 or USB, optical (laser is fine too, that's what my current one is), have exactly two buttons plus a wheel (that doesn't tilt or whatever), and not be oddly shaped.

At the moment, I'm using some kind of mouse that was made by Chicony for HP. It's a laser mouse with two buttons plus a wheel, and it's a USB, wired model.