Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Corsair VS350

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never really heard customers complaining about Seasonics being bad from the factory in some significant numbers. There are complaints about them making noises but that's about that. The other brands, well it holds up to warranty period, but dies eventually and that's certainty.

Annually, I repair similar number of devices with bad caps you review here. So my point about bad caps is very well proven I would say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Behemot View Post
    Never really heard customers complaining about Seasonics being bad from the factory in some significant numbers. There are complaints about them making noises but that's about that. The other brands, well it holds up to warranty period, but dies eventually and that's certainty.
    How many are complaining about other brands then? And everything dies ... eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No need to give this discussion a hostile tone. Different people have different experiences with different products.

And while there are bound to be definitive patterns and correlations pertaining to longevity, performance and usability of various makers' PSUs, for any single one of us it's all fully random, because we are each singular individuals, and for a sample size of one, there can be no discernible rule.

I could get three faulty Seasonics in a row, or I could get one that will outlast everything else I ever buy. A little while ago, I was shocked to find a perfectly healthy and working CCIVO-built SunPro Safety clone, that is seven years old. Over its lifetime it has powered some rather serious hardware - a C2D E6550 OC'd to ~2.8 GHz, and an 8800 GTS 512, which is certainly no small feat.

I still cannot convince its owner to get something better, because screw the expensive PSUs when a $15 one lasts this long. Despite upgrading all the other hardware, he's keeping his trusty garbage.

Apparently it works and it's good enough.
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to McSteel For This Useful Post:

quest for silence (10-19-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeard View Post
    The question is really what are you trying to achieve?
    I take it you did not read the previous posts?

Are you just trying to point out that our $79 power supplies don't have the same high-end components and tight ripple and noise that they used to have in 2008? If so, I'll concede that now and we can save some time.
    Exactly. Corsair is producing poorer quality and poorer performing products than they used to at the same price points. To readers, this lower quality and worse performance or if lucky barely the same performance from 7 years ago is of some importance.

The big question is then, why? Why is Corsair producing lower quality products to at best the same and charging the same while telling people they are better? I certainly don't have an answer, I just observe and report the results. It is EXTREMELY disconcerting though that not only do you know that this is occurring but you are ok with it. That does not speak well for a brand image.

So if you're going to compare VX450 to something from today's lineup, it's going to depend what you value more.

Do you value modular cables, extra power, and higher efficiency? Or do you value electrical output quality?
    Yes, but you do that because the new products are lower quality and worse performing to at best the same and your job is to sell people things by telling them that the new product is actually better. It is like the four squares of car sales.

The truth is that VX doesn't have a replacement because there's not significant demand for products like VX. Expensive low wattage products with great reliability are a tough sell.
    You say that, then you turn around and sell the CSM line and others at the same wattage at the same price You don't see how that might be, you know, contradictory and therefore clearly false?
    Last edited by Spectre; 10-22-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just bought another VS350 for a friend who's HIPRO psu in a HP died after 6 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Irrelevant without pics of internals

BTW, nice necro, it's only been what, a year and a half...
    Careful what you wish for... You just might get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

That shows the glory of Jonny's hangout -- threads never die!

As it was in the beginning/Is now and ever shall be/
    Threads without end/Amen! Amen!
    Core i7 4770K @4.3GHz + iGPU | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3@1600MHz
    Prolimatech Armageddon heatsink w/ 2 x 140mm NF-A14 PWM fans
    Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | WD Black 4TB file disk | WD Red 3TB backup disk
    Fractal Design Define R5 case w/2 x NF-A14 ULN front fans | no exhaust fan; grill removed
    PSU Seasonic X-650 Gold

quest for silence is offline Silencer & heathen relic of a human (™ by OW)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

OMG Ed!
    Best, Luca

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I bought another Corsair, hence sharing.
    Core i5 4440 - Gigabyte H97M-DS3P - Corsair Vengeance 8GB - Samsung 850 Pro 128 GB SSD - Sapphire ATI R7 240 - Panasonic L42ET60D - Dell S2240L LED Monitor [Dual Display] - 5 TBS HDD - Swans M50w - Asus Xonar DX - Audio Technica M50 - FiiO E10 - Corsair VS350 - Corsair Carbide 400R - Hauppage MCE Remote Control - Windows 10 Pro x64.