Thread: JSP Bluefire2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default JSP Bluefire2

Do any of you have an idea what the oem builder might be for this company? The product page is here: http://www.jsp-tech.com/_english/2_p...=21&hProdID=80

I can't seem to find a review of it anywhere, but the 14cm fan seems like a fairly unique feature.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they can't even be bothered to give any sort of specs on a PSU I'd deffinitely advise against it. If you've just gotta have a solid PSU with a 140mm fan, get a new Tt Toughpower. Yes, I know..."But madmat, it's a Thermaltake, they sell crappy power supplies." Well yeah, they were spotty a while back with a bunch of questionable PSU's but the Toughpower line is a quality line (Finally) and would be a solid investment as opposed to some PSU from Joe's Shiny Products or whatever that stands for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Are you not in the US?

JSP is typically Yongyear, although that model doesn't look very Youngyear-ish, it doesn't look very good either.

Look through the fan. You can see the aluminum "plate" type heatsinks with the holes drilled in them like the Powmaxes. Also, look at the honeycomb grill on the back. The metal is so thin, it's not even straight (you can see a wave in the metal.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't worry. I know the toughpowers are good, and this psu isn't for me. I just wanted a second (and more reliable) opinion before I warned the guy off the jsp product. He was settled on either this bluefire, or an x-finity, both 600w versions. I have made an initial recommendation that he ignore them and instead choose a silverstone st56zf.

edit - I guess I should probably not be handing out recommendations when I'm still learning about psu's myself, but erm...I get carried away
    Last edited by Nullvoid; 10-14-2006 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least you saved your friend from buying a likely POS and saved him from potential headaches and/or component damage.