Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help Immediately Building Gaming PC 1st time!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Question Help Immediately Building Gaming PC 1st time!!!

    Hi guys,

    I'm Giorgos from Greece and I need your help! I'm building a new high end pc and I want you to tell me your impressions about the specs

    PC specs:
    Case:Turbo-X-Cerberus-VI-Midi-Tower| Google it, it isn't being sold in other countries
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming (AM3/DDR3)
    GPU:MSI VGA PCI X R9 270 2GB Gaming
    HDD:Toshiba 1 TB ( I think it's enough)
    RAM:Corsair DDR3 4GB (2X2GB) 1600MHz Vengeance Blue
    Power Supply:Corsair VS Series 650W

    Contact me and via email: giorgosmark8@gmail.com
    Last edited by Just an Average Gamer; 09-04-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: I forgot something

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    540
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Is it a gaming rig? If so, I'd ditch the FX-8350 in favor of i5-4590, even if you had to skimp on graphics card.
    Also there's no point in getting 2x2GB of RAM nowadays, just buy 1x4GB, it'll be easier to buy more RAM in the future.
    Xeon X3440 @3,1GHz + GTX660 + 2x4GB @1650MHz CL9 + Corsair RM650

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to yojo2 For This Useful Post:

    Just an Average Gamer (09-05-2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yojo2 View Post
    Is it a gaming rig? If so, I'd ditch the FX-8350 in favor of i5-4590, even if you had to skimp on graphics card.
    Also there's no point in getting 2x2GB of RAM nowadays, just buy 1x4GB, it'll be easier to buy more RAM in the future.
    I think I will keep fx and my graphics card I changed the ram to single 4gb vengeance corsair. About the CPU I know that i5 has better fps but I want the over locking you know. Do you think my graphics card is ok? I match motherboard and gpu in gaming series. Do you think I'm going to play on ultra?

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    540
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Just keep in mind that even an overclocked FX will hardly keep up with non-overclocked i5. And the power draw will be significantly higher.

    Don't even bother taking all this "gaming series" seriously, that doesn't mean anything. What's the exact model of the mobo you chose? MSI 970A-G46? It's okay, but if you're thinking about some serious OC it would be nice to get a mobo with 8+2 VRM section (instead of 4+1), eg. Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P.
    Also, what's the exact model of that Toshiba HDD?

    You might also consider changing the PSU to Cooler Master G550M or Chieftec CTG-650C (whichever is cheaper), both are much better build quality wise that Corsair VS, also more practical thanks to modular cabling.
    Xeon X3440 @3,1GHz + GTX660 + 2x4GB @1650MHz CL9 + Corsair RM650

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to yojo2 For This Useful Post:

    Just an Average Gamer (09-05-2014)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yojo2 View Post
    Just keep in mind that even an overclocked FX will hardly keep up with non-overclocked i5. And the power draw will be significantly higher.

    Don't even bother taking all this "gaming series" seriously, that doesn't mean anything. What's the exact model of the mobo you chose? MSI 970A-G46? It's okay, but if you're thinking about some serious OC it would be nice to get a mobo with 8+2 VRM section (instead of 4+1), eg. Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P.
    Also, what's the exact model of that Toshiba HDD?

    You might also consider changing the PSU to Cooler Master G550M or Chieftec CTG-650C (whichever is cheaper), both are much better build quality wise that Corsair VS, also more practical thanks to modular cabling.
    Here's the link to the build http://bto.plaisio.gr/Demo/BTOPrint?...4-9-5-18-08-20

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    540
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Here's what I'd recommend:

    http://bto.plaisio.gr/Demo/BTOPrint?...4-9-5-18-43-24

    Quicker CPU, quicker GPU, proper PSU and case. Much better value if you ask me.
    Including peripherals (mouse, keyboard, display) you chose, it totals €916.50.
    Xeon X3440 @3,1GHz + GTX660 + 2x4GB @1650MHz CL9 + Corsair RM650

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to yojo2 For This Useful Post:

    Just an Average Gamer (09-05-2014)

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yojo2 View Post
    Here's what I'd recommend:

    http://bto.plaisio.gr/Demo/BTOPrint?...4-9-5-18-43-24

    Quicker CPU, quicker GPU, proper PSU and case. Much better value if you ask me.
    Including peripherals (mouse, keyboard, display) you chose, it totals €916.50.
    Thnx mate I'll keep it like that you shown me but with a different psu corsair 650w in case of an upgrade and I wanted to ask you if msi gtx 750ti is better than the 270x

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    540
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    No, it's more or less on par with R7-265.

    As for the PSU, I really don't think you'll ever need 650W.
    Xeon X3440 @3,1GHz + GTX660 + 2x4GB @1650MHz CL9 + Corsair RM650

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to yojo2 For This Useful Post:

    Just an Average Gamer (09-05-2014)

Similar Threads

  1. Need psu advice, first time building
    By hadoiken in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 02:32 PM
  2. First time building a PC, PSU recommendation for my build?
    By rotokoff in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 12:25 PM
  3. Building a HTPC for the first time, help?
    By kid83 in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 03:57 PM
  4. Speaker Building Time Again
    By Oklahoma Wolf in forum Electronic Component Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:01 PM
  5. Time to get laughed out of the building... (modding question)
    By Solitaire in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •