Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Review Sample Pre-Screening discussion (from CS-M review discussion)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default Review Sample Pre-Screening discussion (from CS-M review discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    FYI: Only the review samples were missing the screw/zip-tie/case badge pack. It came out when the thumb drive with the Chroma reports went in.

    Good help is so hard to find.
    So review samples from Corsair aren't off the shelf products. Interesting...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I might think the verification sample is sort of less completed then a retail one, like the missing conducting rod in OW's RM650, if they are any different.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssshjp View Post
    I might think the verification sample is sort of less completed then a retail one, like the missing conducting rod in OW's RM650, if they are any different.....
    No, that was a design choice it has nothing to do with picking a sample, testing, then deciding if they like the numbers, adding a report, and sending it out instead of grabbing a retail one and blind shipping it. Unless of course every single unit gets tested on the Chroma and a test report is generated and sent out like PC Power & Cooling used to do with the Turbo-Cool's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    505
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    No, that was a design choice it has nothing to do with picking a sample, testing, then deciding if they like the numbers, adding a report, and sending it out instead of grabbing a retail one and blind shipping it. Unless of course every single unit gets tested on the Chroma and a test report is generated and sent out like PC Power & Cooling used to do with the Turbo-Cool's.
    Well.... Steve Lee did used to work for both companies.

    The test reports are a result of some EU reviewers that don't have access to test equipment but use Corsair's Chroma reports to write their reviews and the incredibly heinous amount of bureaucracy involved in getting test results to those reviewers after-the-fact when the RM series didn't come with them. But they're not cherry picked or anything.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 02-03-2014 at 01:13 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Well.... Steve Lee did used to work for both companies.

    The test reports are a result of some EU reviewers that don't have access to test equipment but use Corsair's Chroma reports to write their reviews and the incredibly heinous amount of bureaucracy involved in getting test results to those reviewers after-the-fact when the RM series didn't come with them. But they're not cherry picked or anything.
    So test reports of products that fail get shipped out with a failing product to reviewers and test reports are not generated and included with every retail unit?
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 02-03-2014 at 01:13 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    505
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    So test reports of products that fail get shipped out with a failing product to reviewers and test reports are not generated and included with every retail unit?
    Good point. No, they don't ship units that are DOA if they've been tested first. But it's not like they're cherry picked either.

    Apparently we have some EU reviewers that don't have access to a Chroma tester and they get Chroma reports from their other suppliers. They use the Chroma reports to make their final assessment on the unit. When we left the thumb drives out of the RM series because we (PR, PM and I) got tired of reviewers assuming the PSU came with a thumb drive (happened a lot with the AXi). Low and behold, EU sales complained that certain reviewers wouldn't post reviews because they didn't have enough data. So the CS-M got the thumb drives again.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 12-25-2013 at 12:17 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Moderator
    Posts
    4,122
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Good point. No, they don't ship units that are DOA if they've been tested first. But it's not like they're cherry picked either.
    But if it is no longer a random sample because those that are DOA or those that go out of spec on the chroma (out of spec is a failure, no?) aren't sent out then it is indeed cherry picking

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    So that rule only applies to EU reviewers?

    If I remembered correctly, US reviewers ever got DOA/failure sample, like Paul's first AX1200.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    jonnyGURU forums, of course!
    Posts
    15,565
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    505
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    haha.. no... Silly person. It's too much work to create separate PKs for separate countries. All PK SKUs are the same, done at the same time, at the same place by the same person.
    Last edited by Jon Gerow; 02-03-2014 at 01:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    GURU-ville
    Posts
    1,306
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    22
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    random sample
    Is there such a thing? Everyone of them have the capabilities of re-packing units to make us think the unit is random.

Similar Threads

  1. General UPS and AVR discussion
    By Gamefoo21 in forum Electronic Component Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 12-29-2018, 11:52 PM
  2. CX430 Review (With added gourmet cuisine discussion after page 5)
    By HangFire in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
  3. Psu fan/airflow discussion
    By shovenose in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 06:50 AM
  4. So where's the thread? (BFG ES-800 discussion)
    By Deceitkin in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
  5. Review Discussion removed?
    By nat_raven in forum Site Suggestions & Forum Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •