Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone TJ09 Temjin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got up from my nap, now I get to go celebrate at work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I'll have one on your behalf. Although the liquor store only had Chivas Regal 12. Nothing Irish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, Happy Chinese New Year everyone.

In reference to blowing smoke into the case. The comment had nothing to do with your review. It was a comment to another poster about what I would do and not something I do DAILY.

No matter how good/bad a review is, there will always be criticism and there was no backtalking - unless you consider something we stated that is so skin deep as to hurting your feelings then I have nothing to say.
    Last edited by Veno(V); 02-20-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    always fun reading comments on a review posted randomly on a forum on the web...
    The truth is a motherfucker to get around
    "I" flamed your review for the "lack" of cable management
    IMAO, ANY review that has to do with a case{especially one as nice as the TJ09} should be spiffed and have neat cable managment to show the inner glory of the said case to the gazillions of viewers on the web.

I understand the Trio has a Gorgon sized snakes nest, but put some kind of effort and pride behind your installation

And just so you know, I'm not so bias as to not flame mat " if ", he did the same shitty job as you did

But what do I know
    I just post random reviews on a forum on the web....
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    4x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb 1600
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    2x750Gb Seagate Barracuda's RAID 0
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    "Experience is the benchmark of maturity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I put pride and glory behind my tests, photo's and install, cable management is more than good enough to not get in the way of airflow, which is more than what most people do.

Jonny, didn't get here through google, saw some referrers come in from this thread, that's why!

your case setup with PSU in the bottom surely works, why not, Arctic Cooling has a case like that with reversed air cooling setup, cool air through the rear.

@madmat: what review? btw, I understand you are saying the airflow chart is wrong in my pic?
    I like his little graph showing where the air flows. It's horribly wrong but his skillz killz.
    or is it just because the mspaint arrows you put that comment there :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I reviewed the black version of that case and no, I'm not making fun of the arrows. Trust me on this I cannot do it. The Skillz Killz is my way of poking fun at the 1337 h4ckzorz guys that I see on the web in various forums but seriously I really do need to wade through the quagmire that is PS and paint so I can make graphics like that to get points across.

The reason I said the flow differs from what the graphic shows is that I took a very thin and narrow strip of paper and ran it over every vent on the TJ09 to see what the air flow did just out of curiosity as to what's going on with my case. I've been doing that with my cases for the past 5 years since I started learning about thermal dynamics in PC cases.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    I'll have one on your behalf. Although the liquor store only had Chivas Regal 12. Nothing Irish.
    I'm a Scotch guy, I've never had Irish Whiskey that I know of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

where exactly in the chart is the airflow wrong? I don't see it

2x120mm top exhaust
    1x120mm rear exhaust
    1x120mm middle intake
    1x120mm front HDD bay intake

sure some air will pass through those holes at the top rear side, but the main purpose of those 2x120mm fans it to remove hot air from the top area of the case where the CPU/RAM sits. The idea is to place a 2x120mm radiator in that top area, it pulls air through it from the top of the case.

Black version looks pretty good too, sad that side panel window doesn't come "stock" and needs to be bought as an extra. The bottom grills are there to help draw in cool air into the case, I tested other cases which do the same with positive effect on overall case temp.

good review there on TechGage; bit lacking in performance tests/noise tests, but everything tell is high quality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post

I'm a Scotch guy, I've never had Irish Whiskey that I know of
    Really? Seemed to be a bit of the Irish there. My bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    where exactly in the chart is the airflow wrong? I don't see it

2x120mm top exhaust
    1x120mm rear exhaust
    1x120mm middle intake
    1x120mm front HDD bay intake

sure some air will pass through those holes at the top rear side, but the main purpose of those 2x120mm fans it to remove hot air from the top area of the case where the CPU/RAM sits. The idea is to place a 2x120mm radiator in that top area, it pulls air through it from the top of the case.

Black version looks pretty good too, sad that side panel window doesn't come "stock" and needs to be bought as an extra. The bottom grills are there to help draw in cool air into the case, I tested other cases which do the same with positive effect on overall case temp.

good review there on TechGage; bit lacking in performance tests/noise tests, but everything tell is high quality
    Well, you show the perfed metal around the mobo tray as passing heat out of the case, with the top fans in place they actually act as intakes rather than exhausts and I think that with the mesh over the front fan they'd likely still act as intakes due to the mesh really slowing the air flow from the front fan.

Try turning the HDD fan over, you'll be surprised at how well it works. The hot air won't be able to pool at the top of the drive cages as is the case with the fan blowing up. The opening for the HDD mesh doesn't reach all the way to the top of the upper cage so it creates dead air at the top of the cage. flipping the fan over allows the warmed air to escape through the mesh in the bottom of the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts