Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    "Experience is the benchmark of maturity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Oh man... jmke! What's up with that!

He could've put SOME effort into sorting out the cables.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He prob took 30 seconds plugging the power and data cables. It really doesnt do the tj09 any justice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like his little graph showing where the air flows. It's horribly wrong but his skillz killz.

I took a thin strip of paper to mine to see how the air actually flows and found that with the roof mounted fans the vents in the rear act as intakes, the top of the mesh for the HDD fan acts as an intake while the bottom part does exhaust duties and I get air flow from under the case.

I also found that the grille under the PSU works wonderfully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would actually blow smoke into the system and see how it goes from there LoLz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, trouble is...my tobacco use is limited to snuff and spitting into my PC isn't good for it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

always fun reading comments on a review posted randomly on a forum on the web...

1) I'm not going to spend 10 minutes strapping the cables in with zip-ties if the same week I'm removing that same system from the case;
    2) I made sure the cables did not obstruct in the in-out/take fans, and placed them out of the way.
    3) airflow path, horribly wrong ey? there are 2 fans installed in the system by default, rear fan, 120mm exhaust, middle fan 120mm intake. So little "chart" is correct there on both accounts. All the other fans are ADDITIONAL, it's not my fault you installed in-take fans in the TOP of a case... hot air moves... downwards, right? (NOT!). Bottom meshes are meant to be IN-TAKES for PSU and HDD area, not out-take.
    4) blowing smoke: yes great idea... at first, looked into that some time ago, problem is that the residue of smoke will cause troubles in the end, confirmed by company who specializes in smoke cans.

so you're bitching about a few cables not neatly packed to the sides, or because somebody has his fans installed different from the norm and finds my chart inaccurate? Nice... did not expect this from you jonny :/

if you have issues with a review I did, I appreciate feedback, I got forums & email linked on that site, talking behind somebody's back never puts them in a good mood...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    Nice... did not expect this from you jonny :/
    Why not? Happens to me all of the time. I know you Google your name just like I do.

I also know you're a member here and was bound to come in and read these comments.

For the record, my only comment was about the wires being all over the place. But since you bring up the fan: Heat only rises if it's still. The fans make the air not still. I have a YCC case that I used for my mom's PC. To make the case more compact, they put the PSU in the lower front. So now your exhaust is where your intake normally is. Problem? No. The 120MM in the back brings cool air in right over the CPU. The case has the best temps for a case it's size I've ever seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    always fun reading comments on a review posted randomly on a forum on the web...

1) I'm not going to spend 10 minutes strapping the cables in with zip-ties if the same week I'm removing that same system from the case;
    2) I made sure the cables did not obstruct in the in-out/take fans, and placed them out of the way.
    3) airflow path, horribly wrong ey? there are 2 fans installed in the system by default, rear fan, 120mm exhaust, middle fan 120mm intake. So little "chart" is correct there on both accounts. All the other fans are ADDITIONAL, it's not my fault you installed in-take fans in the TOP of a case... hot air moves... downwards, right? (NOT!). Bottom meshes are meant to be IN-TAKES for PSU and HDD area, not out-take.
    4) blowing smoke: yes great idea... at first, looked into that some time ago, problem is that the residue of smoke will cause troubles in the end, confirmed by company who specializes in smoke cans.

so you're bitching about a few cables not neatly packed to the sides, or because somebody has his fans installed different from the norm and finds my chart inaccurate? Nice... did not expect this from you jonny :/

if you have issues with a review I did, I appreciate feedback, I got forums & email linked on that site, talking behind somebody's back never puts them in a good mood...
    Intakes in the top of my case? I guess you didn't read my review. I put the top fans as exhausts which is why the case is drawing in the air around the mobo tray. There are three exhaust fans and one intake so you do the math.

Why on earth would I go to your forums and comment on your review when the thread I found your review in was here? So someone takes issue with how you did something, so what? I'm sure I get shit talked about me on other forums but you know what? I really don't give a damn. And for your information, the system in the TJ09 I reviewed stayed in there just about as long AND I had to swap out the PSU midway through the review photographing progress due the issues with the first power supply. I still ended up redoing my cable management so that it looked good.

And just so you know I wasn't being facetious about the graphic, I can't do much in PS or paint aside from resize pics and drag and drop watermarks. I've tried to do graphics like that and I end up with something that looks really bad.
    Last edited by madmat; 02-20-2007 at 11:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

That said...

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! It's the year of the piggy!

Have a drink... get drunk... take a nap...