Thread: FS: Vista Business Full

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile FS: Vista Business Full

Hello, I'm selling my copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Business that I received from the http://www.powertogether.com training program. It's brand new, sealed, and completely unused. (I'm selling it because I can get it from my universities MSDNAA program eventually)

It is a Full install, not an upgrade, which would require a previous version of windows to install from. It comes in a paper sleeve with 32-bit installation dvd and retail license key. (A retail license key allows you to install on different computers and doesnt lock you to a specific motherboard as an oem key would.) However, for some reason microsoft decided to mark the packaging NFR, so after you accept the license agreement during installation you cannot sell it.

No dvd drive? Want 64-bit? You can order additional installation discs for the cost of shipping at: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

heatware: 'lord of shadows'
    ebay: 'doopoo'
    I'm active on hardforum.com and have 2,939 posts there.

I'll ship as soon as I have transfered payment into my bank account. PM me for paypal payment details. If you are interested check back later as I will slowly drop the price to a point.

Starting price at $200 shipped

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure you're allowed to sell it NFR, seeing how it's just that: Not for resale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

price is not very interesting anyway. i can get DSP version for less than that here

edit : ok if its retail then its less than 1/2 price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never heard of a DSP version of windows, what is it?

This is the relevant NFR part of the EULA which I havent accepted as the software is unused. Unless some one can show me some legal writing somewhere else I dont see whats wrong with selling this.

Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. Instead, return it to the retailer for a refund or credit. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft’s refund policies. See www.microsoft.com/worldwide. In the

United States and Canada, call (800) MICROSOFT or see www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm.

As described below, using the software also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain computer information during activation, validation and for

Internet-based services.

If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below for each license you acquire.

(terms)

12. NOT FOR RESALE SOFTWARE. You may not sell software marked as “NFR” or “Not for Resale.”
    Edit: Start a thread in the off topic section if you want to debate this further ;o)
    Last edited by Lord of Shadows; 02-10-2007 at 06:40 PM.
    Make me understand it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Shadows View Post
    Unless some one can show me some legal writing somewhere else I dont see whats wrong with selling this.
    By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. Instead, return it to the retailer for a refund or credit. If you cannot obtain a refund there, contact Microsoft or the Microsoft affiliate serving your country for information about Microsoft’s refund policies. See www.microsoft.com/worldwide.
    A retail license key allows you to install on different computers and doesnt lock you to a specific motherboard as an oem key would.
    Not so. Only 2 systems at max and any major change, such as motherboard requires a new license key. This is in the EULA and was heavily detested on Vista release, so bickered about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://download.microsoft.com/docume...3ed16d138a.pdf - eula link

Quote Originally Posted by EULA
    15. REASSIGN TO ANOTHER DEVICE.
    a. Software Other than Windows Anytime Upgrade. You may uninstall the software
    and install it on another device for your use. You may not do so to share this license
    between devices.
    b. Windows Anytime Upgrade Software. The first user of the software may reassign
    the license to another device one time, but only if the license terms of the software you
    upgraded from allows reassignment.
    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...ing-terms.aspx

I believe what I said is correct, if you or anyone spot anything that you think is wrong pm me instead of posting here, I will correct any mistakes. By different computers I dont mean to imply at the same time.
    Make me understand it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry but NFR software means Not For Resale in any manner. As stated in the EULA if you don't want to agree to the software lic. then return it to MS for a refund.

As such you can give NFR software to a friend or family member or acquaintance but you cannot get reparation for it.

Since this is the sale of NFR software and by allowing it to go on here we could be held culpable I'm going to lock this thread.

Lord of Shadows, as a member of [H] you should know that they won't allow the sale of NFR software there for this very reason so please don't try to sell that sort of thing here. We don't need trouble with Microsoft any more than they do, in fact we need it less since we have much shallower pockets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    Lord of Shadows, as a member of [H] you should know that they won't allow the sale of NFR software there for this very reason so please don't try to sell that sort of thing here. We don't need trouble with Microsoft any more than they do, in fact we need it less since we have much shallower pockets.
    He actually asked me first. I was unsure, but figured because it was unopened NFR, it was Ok. Of course, I'm not all knowing. I just didn't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I had no idea he'd run it by you first. Still though, it's not a good idea to sell that sort of thing here. eBay doesn't allow it and most forums won't allow it due to the possible backlash from the software copyright holders.

I'm just looking out for all of our best interests. Yours, Jon, and the OP's as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    Ah, I had no idea he'd run it by you first. Still though, it's not a good idea to sell that sort of thing here. eBay doesn't allow it and most forums won't allow it due to the possible backlash from the software copyright holders.

I'm just looking out for all of our best interests. Yours, Jon, and the OP's as well.
    Gotcha.