Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosewill Tachyon Line Releases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Rosewill Tachyon Line Releases

550w = $140 - Super Flower Golden King
    Silent Pro Platinum 550w & LZP-550 are both $10 more expensive.

650w = $160 - Super Flower Golden King
    Seasonic XP660 is $10 less.

750w = $180 - Super Flower Golden King
    AZZA Platinum 750w & LZP-750 are $10 & $4 less, priced the same as the XP760; Enermax Platimax 750w is $50 more expensive though.

1000w = $240 - Super Flower Golden King
    Silent Pro Platinum costs $10 more, High Current Platinum costs $20 more. Priced the same as XFX ProSeries. AZZA Platinum & Seasonic XP1000 are $20 less. Kingwin LZP-1000 is $35 less.

They honestly could be less expensive; especially considering it's Rosewill & Super Flower.
    Last edited by Tator Tot; 10-20-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You meant Golden King ... and yeah, they could be cheaper, and they probably will be so pretty soon... I'd still buy the HCP
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yeah, fixed that.

Considering the price difference XP1000 & this, I'll take the XP-1000. High Current Platinum costs too much right now ($40 more than the XP1000.)

The 550w (what most folks actually could use) is priced well at least.
    On the other hand, I have to wonder why they took so long to come out, why is there no 850w or 1200w; as well as a 450w.
    Rosewill dropped a 450w modular gold unit, why not platinum guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They shopped around most likely... these units are larger than the ones we saw at Computex, so they most likely changed the OEM somewhere along the line (performance reasons I'd think, according to these guys the Astro PT 700W is rippletastic), and since they left the 1.2KW unit for later, maybe they'll bring it with proper connectivity and not what SF offers as stock (PCP needs to address that as well), 450/850W most likely on their way too.... anyway, Rosewill has come a long way in the past year.

You mentioned the Silent Pro Platinum in the OP, I wonder why we haven't seen any reviews yet, they're been available on some markets for a couple of months now (AU comes to mind)... maybe they're bad.
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Cooler Master stopped sending out samples to folks of their units a little while back.
    Silent Pro Hybrid barely made it to anyone.
    Overclockers got one and their review it decent. It shows the unit at least not violating ATX spec but the 5v & 3.3v drops are pretty heavy.
    Playwares has a review which shows similar results in Vreg & Ripple as well.
    Tom's Hardware (German) did get the 550w. Though their review was useless.

The 1300w never made it to anyone respectable. Like wise, Silent Pro M2 Seventeam units didn't make it to anyone respectable yet. Like the SPP-550, only Tom's Hardware (Germany) got it, and they didn't do a good review of it.
    Nor the 1500w.
    The best review of the 1500w is from Legit Reviews with their new PSU guy; but the ambient is 23*C. So no hotbox results.

I don't doubt that Rosewill shopped around, but it seems so odd for them to show off the High Power guys just to switch at last second while keep the styling.

As for a 450w, 850w, or 1200w version; Rosewill only has listings for the units listed above. The 850w probably being the strangest unit lacking from the line up considering the 1000w is there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are these Tachyon units semi-fanless? They don't appear to have the usual switch which allows users to choose between semi-fanless and fan-always-on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chasmcity View Post
    Are these Tachyon units semi-fanless? They don't appear to have the usual switch which allows users to choose between semi-fanless and fan-always-on.
    Most semi fanless PSUs don't have this switch...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Flower Golden Kings usually have that switch don't they? And that is what I meant, apologies for not being completely precise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

They don't say they are. So I would assume not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the 1kw in-hand. Did the testing last night, regulation is rather nice and ripple control is functional.
    Fanless until it's nice and toasty (full load in my cold testing in a ~14c ambient), then very very low fan until ~35c intake at which point it goes straight to 100% fan.
    No switch here.
    Just tearing it apart now.

I got a CM silent pro M2 1500w back in july, it's been on hold waiting for CM to get back to us regarding issues (again, and again, and again), expect it to publish next week.
    Preview of that review: OTP shutdown at full load in hot conditions, bad ripple.

(I do the PSU reviews for overclockers and for funkykit)