Thread: Who makes this 700W Silver unit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts

Default Who makes this 700W Silver unit?

http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/modules/display/?iid=1680

It's like one of the best selling PSU's in Japan... probably because it's so cheap (¥ 7,980). I couldn't find a match for the ECOS # and don't recognize the housing. I know their Platinum is made by ATNG, but I don't think this is ATNG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unless ATNG does the same thing we've seen from HEC or Enermax (uses different OEMs for various units under its own brand/s), that's ATNG also, because KRPW is ATNG's retail arm in Japan (and while I can't remember the name, they have a retail branch in SK also, that's also rather big and sounds nothing like ATNG).
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://review.kakaku.com/review/K000...mageID=106842/

Found this page, these pictures are on the same page as the KRPW-PS700W/88+. So maybe they're the internals of the same unit? (I can't read much Japanese at all)

Rig 1: Core i5 6600K - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC2666 RAM - MSI GeForce GTX1070 - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD - Corsair RM550x - Fractal Design R5 - Win10 64

Rig 2: Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9 GHz - Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 - Corsair LPX 16GB PC3200 RAM - Gigabyte GeForce 1070 - 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Corsair RM650i - Win10 64
    HTPC: AMD A6-6400k - MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 mITX - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz - 3.5TB storage - Silver Power 460W passive - CM Elite 120

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Indeed, and it's ATNG.
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

“玄人志向” had a lot of enhance made units. But their current lineup is all ATNG including Gold and Platinum.

Too bad that 80plus reports are no longer available. Otherwise the product ID could definitely help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Original Sin View Post
    Unless ATNG does the same thing we've seen from HEC or Enermax (uses different OEMs for various units under its own brand/s), that's ATNG also, because KRPW is ATNG's retail arm in Japan (and while I can't remember the name, they have a retail branch in SK also, that's also rather big and sounds nothing like ATNG).
    No. They're not ATNG's retail arm. 玄人志向 is Buffalo. As in Buffalo networking, HDD enclosures, etc. They used to sell here in the U.S., but I haven't seen them in a while. But like ssshjp said, they used to have some Enhance product and others. I didn't think this one was ATNG because the other units that ARE ATNG look just like any other ATNG you'd see anywhere else and even have the same ECOS report #'s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts

LOL! Based in TX?!? I don't think so!

http://www.buffalotech.com/about-buffalo

Anyhoo...

If you look at the 80 Plus reports, you see that they're filed under CFD Sales. Of course, CFD sales is Melco, which is Buffalo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    No. They're not ATNG's retail arm. 玄人志向 is Buffalo. As in Buffalo networking, HDD enclosures, etc. They used to sell here in the U.S., but I haven't seen them in a while. But like ssshjp said, they used to have some Enhance product and others. I didn't think this one was ATNG because the other units that ARE ATNG look just like any other ATNG you'd see anywhere else and even have the same ECOS report #'s.
    Well, that was far off.... I did some research a while back (on J & SK) and I think I'm confusing them with someone else (probably from SK), my memory seems to be failing me terribly at the moment. Anyway, very peculiar markets, especially Japan (Huntkey selling vacuum tube amps!?).

As for CFD Sales, who comes up with these names!?.. that sounds like a (brainlessly named) trading platform for Soros wannabes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sometimes Greatwall copies ATNG, but the honeycomb structure under the fixed output cables is unlike both.

I don't remember having seen that, yet. Could be anyone.