View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017
f14

Default rigol DS2072 dead and hack

three days ago. I received my new ds2072a . and after couple time turn on and off . the power board is dead . ( I dont know why they use a soft button , feel very annoying and I like my 2 years old ds1074z use mechanical switch )

now time to check what's happents ( I cant send it back to get a replace. because too many process)
the power board have standby power and main power. look pretty same ATX psu . standby power supply power for soft switch, and main power turn on when the orange wire connected to ground . all caps is capxon KF series - yeah this is a rigol not a tektronix or keysight .
after checked I think the problems come from main PWM PFC controller NXP TEA1750 . so I desoldering this IC and order 2pcs from digikey ( wait again )

today. I too boring and really want to hack it . so I check a Power supply board from DS1000Z and luckily they have same voltage output (5 rails) but DS2000A series have PFC/standby stage ( not too important) . then time to change and see it working
how to hack DS2000A I read from this reply #69
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgea...941/#msg759941
I take 5minutes to completed this process
yeah DS2302A

now I still wait for some part from digikey to fix the power supply board. and change two diode schottky to higher value ( maybe help it work cooler) . I hope it working :
thanks for read

Last edited by asf14tomcat; 05-28-2017 at 09:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to asf14tomcat For This Useful Post:
quest for silence (05-31-2017)