View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013
Pragmatic Contrarian

So I remembered that I kept the control module from my first set of BA-7900s that was killed in a lightning strike (as well as the speakers). I tested this set with the old controller, and it works, so I'm going to use it that way, and put the new amp in the old subwoofer to use in the living room. So that problem is solved, yay!

New problem. I run the audio going into my TV back to my computer to play through the 7900s, and while I have the front panel with my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, I don't want to run an optical cable there, as it would be in the way in my not-too-huge bedroom, but I also don't like the lack of a real 5.1 signal going into the computer, as you can tell it's using CMSS, which while better than nothing, is nowhere near real 5.1 quality. So my options are: find an exceedingly rare rear add-on digital I/O module; or get a new sound card that has rear optical-in.

Any suggestions either way?

-Adam