jonnyGURU Forums

jonnyGURU Forums (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/index.php)
-   PC Power Supply Discussion (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   recommended HQ power supply 850W ? (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9993)

norilink 02-20-2013 09:30 AM

recommended HQ power supply 850W ?
 
i need your help to chose a high quality power supply :confused: and for use 24/7 , what do you recommended guys ... i had hx850 and its died after 11 months . what about seasonic pltinum 860w but i read some bad review about it :(
my pc : i7 2600k cpu, 8giga ram, evga 580 gpu, 4 HHD, one ssd, xonar essence sound card, coolermaster x-haf full tower
thanks in advance :)

Original Sin 02-20-2013 10:22 AM

What you have there is a ~400W system at full load, why do you need/want an 850W PSU?



ps. RMA your HX850

bobnova 02-20-2013 10:29 AM

I would RMA your current PSU. It shouldn't have died, and likely won't again.
Or RMA it and then sell it and buy a 500w PSU.

norilink 02-20-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Sin (Post 96317)
What you have there is a ~400W system at full load, why do you need/want an 850W PSU?
ps. RMA your HX850

maybe extra watts to overclocking or add another card in future :o
i live in Iraq so there is no RMA in my country, it takes alot of time to sent it to Europe and sent it back, i want new PSU to replace the old one until they fix it
but i am confusing to select the best one (high quality is very important thing)
need your advice ;) thanks

mdk777 02-20-2013 05:15 PM

Well, if i was going to throw money at the problem and hope for the best I'd go with this.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory6&reid=317

however, you might want to investigate possible root causes;

Power line quality? heat problems? other problems with your rig?

bobnova 02-20-2013 05:19 PM

From what I've heard, you may want to spend some money on a line conditioning UPS thing. The only things I've heard about the power in Iraq are horrendous (surges, brownouts, etc. Nothing PSUs like!).

Definitely get a PSU with a full line filter and a TVS diode at the very least.
(The link in the post above this one has one, for instance)

Stefan Payne 02-20-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norilink (Post 96321)
maybe extra watts to overclocking or add another card in future :o

So you want to waste money on the PSU and your electrical bill and get a quite noisy one.
Why?

So a 550W Seasonic G-Series could be a quite good option, if available.

Original Sin 02-20-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norilink (Post 96321)
maybe extra watts to overclocking or add another card in future :o
i live in Iraq so there is no RMA in my country, it takes alot of time to sent it to Europe and sent it back, i want new PSU to replace the old one until they fix it
but i am confusing to select the best one (high quality is very important thing)
need your advice ;) thanks

We need to see what's on offer there and at what prices. Link the shop/s you'll be buying from please.

norilink 02-21-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobnova (Post 96323)
From what I've heard, you may want to spend some money on a line conditioning UPS thing. The only things I've heard about the power in Iraq are horrendous (surges, brownouts, etc. Nothing PSUs like!).

Definitely get a PSU with a full line filter and a TVS diode at the very least.
(The link in the post above this one has one, for instance)

i have been using PSU (APC - back ups RS 1000) for my computer to protect it from surges blackouts or under voltage etc

norilink 02-21-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan Payne (Post 96324)
So you want to waste money on the PSU and your electrical bill and get a quite noisy one.
Why?

So a 550W Seasonic G-Series could be a quite good option, if available.

i dont want to waste my money thus iam here to get help from you :)
is seasonicc platinum not good option for me ? cuze i thought its clean and high quality power source to my pc components.
i could buy from amazon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Sin (Post 96325)
We need to see what's on offer there and at what prices. Link the shop/s you'll be buying from please.

i can buy from amazon or Dubai .


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.