jonnyGURU Forums

jonnyGURU Forums (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/index.php)
-   PC Power Supply Discussion (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Preview: Zalman ZM600-LX dual forward power supply @HWI (http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13677)

Behemot 10-03-2016 03:04 PM

Preview: Zalman ZM600-LX dual forward power supply @HWI

Another Zalman! :D http://www.hardwareinsights.com/wp/p...lman-zm600-lx/

Notice how carefully they inform us this is really two-transistor forward and no chip-of-the-year half-bridge on both the box and the label:lol:

BTW some photos of this and the next unit will be poor. I got new and on paper better camera (FZ38), but the factory sensor quality is poor. So the first batch is same or worst as from FZ4 till I learned what to set up properly so there is not so many of stuck pixels. Next time I'll also be using RAW+JPEG saving method so if the RAW craps me to much, I'll use JPEG which is processed by the camera processor and free of the worst geometric and pixel distortion. (however less realistic as it also applies some color filters which can enhance the image so it looks better than reality :lol:)

Most users do not know about this as they are very unskilled and just use JPEG all the time. But Panasonic actually protects themselves and there is an official statement in the manual that it can produce artifacts in poorly-lighted conditions. Not that I really consider lighting for F6.3-8, 0.1-1 sec shutter and ISO 200 as "poor lightning". Poor lightning is taking photos of stars at ISO 800+ and 2+ sec shutter. More like they should stated the camera may produce shit pixels on black (or generaly dark) objects…

jonnyGURU 10-03-2016 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemot (Post 130888)
BTW some photos of this and the next unit will be poor. I got new and on paper better camera (FZ38), but the factory sensor quality is poor. So the first batch is same or worst as from FZ4 till I learned what to set up properly so there is not so many of stuck pixels.

Just use your phone. ;)

turkey3_scratch 10-03-2016 04:21 PM

Am I correct in saying their single 12V rail marketing pic could use some heatshrink around those 12V wires?

McSteel 10-03-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkey3_scratch (Post 130903)
Am I correct in saying their single 12V rail marketing pic could use some heatshrink around those 12V wires?

That's the least of their worries... But yes.

Behemot 10-03-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyGURU (Post 130902)
Just use your phone. ;)

Oh yeah, 3.15MPix?:rolleyes:

Phone cameras may have better sensors in future, though I do not believe that with their tiny size. (Even these 12MPix in that size are the primary reason it is so fucked up, litography could not keep up with it anymore). They will never ever have a lightyear close optics though.

ridgid13579 10-03-2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemot (Post 130921)
Oh yeah, 3.15MPix?:rolleyes:

Phone cameras may have better sensors in future, though I do not believe that with their tiny size. (Even these 12MPix in that size are the primary reason it is so fucked up, litography could not keep up with it anymore). They will never ever have a lightyear close optics though.

Have you seen the quality of the iPhone 7/note 7/s7/p9 photos? They're not DSLR quality, but destroy most point and shoots nowadays.

turkey3_scratch 10-03-2016 09:50 PM

I used my phone to take a picture of the inside of one of my PSUs and without flash it sucks but with the flash it was extremely crisp and nice.

Behemot 10-03-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridgid13579 (Post 130925)
Have you seen the quality of the iPhone 7/note 7/s7/p9 photos? They're not DSLR quality, but destroy most point and shoots nowadays.

Don't care about any such crap. Does it have 18 zoom? What are the optical characteristics? What's the lens speed? Can you use telephoto lenses with it? Does it support RAW? Can I mount it to a standard stand? :rolleyes: I bet it is terrible in everything. If you would actually searched for it you would find the FZ38 is no pocket toy rather than full-sized camera, just not with a mirror but second digital viewfinder;)

Size matters, always has and always will. This simple fact means any phone camera will always be only mediocre at best as each large objective has much better optical properties. Not to mention sensor size. To get reasonable image quality you need heavy post-processing (which could be done by the camera itself) which means loosing the information in the end. I actually believe most of the small cameras these days use sensors with higher optical resolution which is than downsized as filters are applied to get some reasonable quality.

ITelektro 10-04-2016 04:56 AM

What is the meaning of these specifications when the end of the day you've got the picture quality is poor. Specifications are essential in low-light conditions when shooting a moving object. Impossible to do with some iPhone. You shoot an stil object and can affect the lighting conditions and the image will not be used for large print. That is why images with a phone in this case can give the reasonable quality image. In fact I am almost certain that you could make better pictures with a cheap phone. However, the image should not be so bad with the FZ38. Somewhere is a mistake. What are the camera settings on these pictures?

none77 10-04-2016 06:20 AM

Behemot.
the camera you mentioned got smaller sensor, smaller aperture, and Minor quality optics compared to for example lg Nexus 5x, because when you want a big zoom in small camera you need small sensor, and from nature of optics frame lens in general got better optics from zoom lens.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3230797