PDA

View Full Version : Fsck Anandtech

SuperSix
01-19-2007, 12:59 AM
I got banned for "nested quoting"

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=38&threadid=1992681&enterthread=y

What bullshit.
I simply quoted someone because I agreed with their post.

fsckin nazis.
:mad:

DvBoard
01-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Bad moderating. They just gave a week ban to a dozen people. BAD juju will come of this.

Edit: Just read through the rest of the thread. I've only seen worse moderating with none at all. Good thing here we have people like Jonny ;).

GalvanizedYankee
01-19-2007, 01:26 AM
That is insane! :lol:

I guess we will see a little more of you here, Super6. :p

Bbq
01-19-2007, 03:31 AM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1540/hehdh5.png

Jon Gerow
01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
What?!?!?

How is nested quoting a bannable offense?!?!!??

People don't nest quote to fuck with the forums. They nest quote because... well... THEY'RE QUOTING!!!!

Not to toot my own horn, but if someone does that here or at one of the other sites where I mod... and it does happen often.... I just edit the post to remove the unnecessary quotes and then make a follow up statement saying that the nesting created a confusing post.

To simply ban anyone that nests quotes is bad moderating at it's best... er... worse! :(

madmat
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
I gotta ask, WTF is "Nested Quoting"? It sounds like something a parrot would do...

Jon Gerow
01-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I gotta ask, WTF is "Nested Quoting"? It sounds like something a parrot would do...

vBulletin won't do it, but FuseTalk (what they use at Anand's) will.

It's if you quote someone that quoted someone that was quoting someone else. So you end up with a quote, within a quote, within a quote.

madmat
01-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Then they need to do something to fix it like switching to vBulletin instead of pissing about someone quoting another that's quoted someone else. If I agree with someone or have a comment directed towards someone that has a quote in their post it's not my fault the crappy forum software they use nests the quotes.

Spectre
01-19-2007, 11:41 AM
ht tp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1540/hehdh5.png

You guys deserved that one. Forum wars are not days I would like to revisit.

Spectre
01-19-2007, 11:42 AM
vBulletin won't do it, but FuseTalk (what they use at Anand's) will.

It's if you quote someone that quoted someone that was quoting someone else. So you end up with a quote, within a quote, within a quote.

It won't out of the box..........but there are ways to accomplish it in vbull

Bbq
01-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Yea Spectre. Kinda, a bad decision. Forum wars Are bad.

One lesson learned. Never again will I do that.

I do like vBulletin a lot. The backend is a dream to work with.

Slartibartfast
01-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Bad moderating. They just gave a week ban to a dozen people. BAD juju will come of this.

Seriously. I would have given them life :D

DvBoard
01-19-2007, 09:10 PM
It won't out of the box..........but there are ways to accomplish it in vbull

:D

Spectre
01-19-2007, 10:20 PM
:D

Thank you for proving that very annoying point ;)

DvBoard
01-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Thank you for proving that very annoying point ;)

I couldn't help myself.

Chilly
01-21-2007, 04:16 AM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1540/hehdh5.png

I want to add this was not because of nested quoting but rather 2gigs :P (I donno howmany people here know of him, but lets just say I got banned over making a thread about him in GenMay of [H] as well :P (still love [H] and GenMay there, but I think the whole ban if you bring 2gigs up and make fun of him harash, the fourm war bannings thou were, imo deserved , but 2 weeks was a bit much in my opinion)

Oh, as stupid as it was, it wouldn't of been much of a fourm war as it would of been 1 guy (2gigs) vs [H], :P which suffice to say 2gigs would get pwn't

uOpt
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
That was so nesty of you :D

Chilly
01-23-2007, 01:21 AM
That was so nesty of you :D

quiet you :p

SuperSix
01-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I brought it up via PM to a friend of mine that's also a mod, he agreed it was really a bullshit call, but couldn't do anything about it. I would love to know who the idiot was that did the banning.

Rediculous.

:crazy:

GalvanizedYankee
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Might have been one of the female Mods in the middle of a bad hair day. :p
The Mod IDs over there are anonymous. I know who two of the male and two of the female Mods are and none of these would be that petty.

Inspite of some idiot over there attacking me often and me reacting to several of these silly offences, I have not been banned yet...Ever! :cool:

SuperSix
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Might have been one of the female Mods in the middle of a bad hair day. :p
The Mod IDs over there are anonymous. I know who two of the male and two of the female Mods are and none of these would be that petty.

Inspite of some idiot over there attacking me often and me reacting to several of these silly offences, I have not been banned yet...Ever! :cool:

This is my second time.

The first time, because it was an error, and/or just plain stupid, they made me Elite.

What happens now - I come back as a mod? :lol:

GalvanizedYankee
01-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Lord help me! I would not want to moderate AT's P&N or OT Forums. :crazy:
I read Forum Issues over there just for laughs. :)

Don't be suprised if you do get offered a Mod job over there.