PDA

View Full Version : CoolerMaster RS-850-EMBA 850w

CAD4466HK
11-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Here's a Engrish review of a 6x12v CoolerMaster:)
It seems to be a top dog in the efficiency department:p
Klick on the Union Jack to the left, to translate;)
Then go to the reviews, sorry, I can't deep link it in Engrish.
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=de%7Cen&u=http://technic3d.de/index.php%3Fsite%3Darticle%26action%3Darticle%26a% 3D389&prev=/language_tools

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
that's should be one hell powerful psu!

unfortunately............. it's not made by local's favorite psu makers: etasis or seasonic :D

Oklahoma Wolf
12-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Interesting - Enhance 850W design, looks to be based on the same design as the Silverstone ST60F, ST65ZF, and ST75F.

Jon Gerow
12-04-2006, 12:26 PM
that's should be one hell powerful psu!

unfortunately............. it's not made by local's favorite psu makers: etasis or seasonic :D

You're a troll.

And your only two contributions to this forum so far have been ignorant little troll posts. First you say that our distain for Topower is unwarranted, when it has been shown in review after review that Topower has failed to put forward an acceptable product and then you go on to say that this product "is not made by local's favorite psu maker" when Enhance is on the same tier as Seasonic in my "PSU recommendations for high end gaming rig" list.

Did you know that? No? I didn't think so. Why? Because you're here to troll and not contribute. You sure as hell aren't here to learn because if you were you would READ and understand before opening your mouth.

You need to actually READ the reviews and forum posts and understand them before you go spouting off about "local favorites" and "bias."

GalvanizedYankee
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Yep! He/she is a troll, probably a young one at that.
Ban the attention whore.:fire:

krampak
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I was going to include that PSU into my roundup but finally it will be out as the distri has not stock within 2 weeks. Seems CM has improved effciency so much in those Real Power series over the eXtreme Power series...

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
You're a troll.

And your only two contributions to this forum so far have been ignorant little troll posts. First you say that our distain for Topower is unwarranted, when it has been shown in review after review that Topower has failed to put forward an acceptable product and then you go on to say that this product "is not made by local's favorite psu maker" when Enhance is on the same tier as Seasonic in my "PSU recommendations for high end gaming rig" list.

Did you know that? No? I didn't think so. Why? Because you're here to troll and not contribute. You sure as hell aren't here to learn because if you were you would READ and understand before opening your mouth.

You need to actually READ the reviews and forum posts and understand them before you go spouting off about "local favorites" and "bias."

whatever you call me... i'm not into it ok?

i'll try to contribute here but since you have to many fanboy here it's hard to do so...

it's the spirit in the forum to share whatever opinion, if any other member think that somebody need to shout my mouth because of what my opinion is then go ahead

from that way i know where's this forum is headed to

Jon Gerow
12-04-2006, 01:04 PM
There are no fan boys here. Well... maybe a couple. ;)

I don't think you're reading the same forums I'm reading here. Seriously, you need to back up why you think there are fan boys here. I realize that you don't always fully comprehend what we're talking about when we point out the flaws of a particular design or a PSU's construction (you stated this in the Tagan thread) but you can't pass judgement on us either if you don't understand why we have the opinions we have.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If someone "favors" one brand, that's fine, and I'm sure they have good reason for it even if it's as simple as "I own it and have had no problems with it." But if someone has bad things to say about another brand, they need to have something to back that up. None of this "I have a friend with a cousin who's wife's co-worker had one blow up" shit.

As for the Cooler Master, seriously you need to wise up. Nobody here has said anything bad about Cooler Master or Enhance, so your comment is COMPLETELY unwarranted.

Super Nade
12-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Mate, nobody is forcing anything upon you. Just look at the precedents set by Topwer made units. The glaring inconsistancies in quality is quite apparent. :)

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
ok... my mistake then

i apologize on that

i'm one of enhance fan boy btw but end up when they made silverstone 650w that can't even make my x1800 xfire sweat!

change to topower based epower (wtf.. they have the same name convention:lol: ) and everything is ok till now

you are right, some have bad exp w/ certain brand and avoid them but i have a better experience with my topower bros and feel that it deserve a chance to be something better... who knows one day topsh*tpower will become super dooper brand that make zippy like sissy? :lol:

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Mate, nobody is forcing anything upon you. Just look at the precedents set by Topwer made units. The glaring inconsistancies in quality is quite apparent. :)

thanks mate

since i'm a new troll and not read to much in the previous fun....

where's the psu for reviews came from jon? just curious

i'm terribly sorry to make this thread become a chit chat area........ so sorry my mistake

Super Nade
12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
thanks mate

since i'm a new troll and not read to much in the previous fun....

where's the psu for reviews came from jon? just curious

i'm terribly sorry to make this thread become a chit chat area........ so sorry my mistake

Either sent by users like me who paid for it from our own pockets, or paid for from Jon's pocket. Sometimes a company may send in a unt or two, but most units are purchased from a store by somebody.

I don't see what you find so hard to believe here or what your point is exactly? :)

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Either sent by users like me who paid for it from our own pockets, or paid for from Jon's pocket. Sometimes a company may send in a unt or two, but most units are purchased from a store by somebody.

that's just great man

at least for the unit you purchase you might get a very objective review.

great! thanks

Super Nade
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Two of my units did get very objective reviews, in fact there is no reason to question any of Jon's reviews. :)

My current unit:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=14

Another unit:
http://overclockers.com/articles1353

Mate, if you have questions regarding methodology, why don't you just ask Jon, he won't bite. ;)
But, then hinting and ininuating bias without even making the effort to understand the technical aspects is not cool.

nat_raven
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Two of my units did get very objective reviews, in fact there is no reason to question any of Jon's reviews. :)

hey hey hey

i'm just asking

why you guys gimme such a hard time here :o

Super Nade
12-04-2006, 01:45 PM
hey hey hey

i'm just asking

why you guys make me such a hard time here :o

Just read your own posts bro. May be a language barrier, but then it comes off as trolling. If you think people are being hard here, just go to DFI street, where you'd probably be shot at sight if anything other than what they recommend is suggested, even WITH solid supporting evidence. ;)

pjladyfox
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rid=133160

The one thing that popped up that started to set off alarm bells was the "slight buzzing" that they noticed. I wonder if this will be true for all of them if this was a one-off issue that was encountered. I also found this other report on this PSU as well:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7166&page=2

Bipidri
12-21-2006, 01:59 PM
What are the 2 small blue dropplets seen here on the lower left ?
http://technic3d.de/article/pics/389/cooler_1.jpg

After a glance of the Neoseeker review:
[...] are the two blue thermal probes. These thermal probes are supposed to be held down by some plastic heat shrink tubing, a type of soft plastic tube that you can buy at local electronics stores. It's used to seal connections. If one were to be splicing some wires together, they could use heat shrink rather than plain old electrical tape. In this case, the heat shrink tubing was used to securely adhere these two thermal probes to a couple of fins on the heat sinks.[...]

Are these that make a fan spin faster or slower to regulate Joule heating?

GalvanizedYankee
12-21-2006, 03:21 PM
pjladyfox, this unit's OEM is Enhance, there have been a few reports of slight buzzing of thier ENP-5140GH(400W) and ENP-5150GH(500W) units. I do think this is an uncommon event and probably caused by loose coil windings or coils that were dipped/coated improperly. I do not think it is a big deal. It would be RMAable though, IMO.
Young ears will pick-up high frequencies that old ears can not ;)

Bipidri, those are probably two thermistors mounted of the HS fins to give a medium and high voltage to the PSU's fan. The low voltage setting is probably just above 8V. So medium might be 10V and high 12V. cfm vs voltage is suprisingly linear, so 8V would = 2/3 of the fan's rated cfm.

A thermal protection shut down sensor would generally be mounted on the PCB.

jon, Wolf or whoever, please correct me if I'm off base :)

pjladyfox
12-23-2006, 09:14 PM
GalvanizedYankee,

Thank you for the information! I am pretty sure that, as you mentioned, it probably is a rather limited thing and would be a PSU fault rather than a design one. Just a bit nervous over this is all since at the prices we are talking about for good PSU's in the 850W or greater range are nothing to sneeze at. To say nothing of not wishing to have my system go poof when I eventually put a pair of R600's in it.

CAD4466HK
12-23-2006, 11:31 PM
whatever you call me... i'm not into it ok?

i'll try to contribute here but since you have to many fanboy here it's hard to do so...

it's the spirit in the forum to share whatever opinion, if any other member think that somebody need to shout my mouth because of what my opinion is then go ahead

from that way i know where's this forum is headed to

I'm a jG fanboi:D and the last I heard, The "contribute" button wasen't duct taped down:p
Nobody here is stopping you from posting your opinion, but......if so called "opinions" don't hold water{like yours}then be prepared to face the
wrath of Count Guru and his Imperial S.tormtroopers O.f D.eath ;)

And furthermore, about your "views" on where this forum of Power and Ridicule are headed, I foresee a great destiny upon the horizon of the PC dawn, and all shall inherit wisdom and foresight into the future realm of the PSU, so it has been written, so it shall be done.

Feel jovial and be forgiving for your faults as a mere "mortal", for that is not
your fault my young Padawan learner, seek out your knowledge supplied by
this forum of utmost longevity and insight:)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/reviews.php